Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ][HL2DM] Headshot Gore for HL2DM w/ Keeper's Plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-14-2009 , 02:49   [REQ][HL2DM] Headshot Gore for HL2DM w/ Keeper's Plugin
Reply With Quote #1

There is a plugin for Half Life 2 Deathmatch called "Keeper's Sound Streak Plugin", which among allowing custom streaks, allows for detecting and logging headshot kills. It works really well, and is an awesome plugin... but I find there is something missing.. Blowing people's heads clean off in a shower of blood, brains, and skull fragments; Soldier of Fortune 2-Style.

I made a request for such a thing on hl2plugins.org, but haven't gotten any response. Keeper is quite a nice guy, and he's listened to things I've had to say before and has lent me a hand when I needed it when it comes to the plugin, But, I am not sure if this should be in the scope of the plugin, so I am going to quote my request here, and see if anyone would like to take on the task of making this request come true in the form of a SourceMod script/plugin instead.

So, here is my post from hl2plugins.org:
Quote:
I was thinking there could be a CVAR to enable headshot gore, and what this would do, is when a headshot occurs, you get something gruesome, preferably looking as much like this as possible: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nVtBLlPdQrc

I can provide the appropriate Textures/Materials for the particles to produce this effect.

Perhaps, in the keeper_streaks.cfg file, determine whether or not a certain headshot spree kills cause the splatter. Like, so I can define it so only the .357 and Shotgun kills cause the splats.

To remove the head of a player, couldn't something GMOD-Style be done? (Deflate the Head part of the model until you can't see it.) Seems like the easiest thing to do, but, I could be wrong.

I know effects like this can be pulled off via server side plugins, I've seen firework effects and such in sourcemod plugins and whatnot.

Base for Materials, I can convert to VTF/VMT if need be:

These two should be layered, the pink brains being the one at the front. Both start small and expand fast to look like the brains are exploding. The pink brains expand and disappear slower than the blood splat on the right. The Blood just quickly goes SPLAT, like half a second until it disappears. Look at the video again to see what I mean. If you can't make them layered, just make the particle representing the brains translucent but almost opaque, and the blood just 25% to 40% opaque, very translucent, but still visible.
[IMG]http://img109.**************/img109/4393/bpgibexplode01.png[/IMG][IMG]http://img109.**************/img109/909/bpgibexplode02.png[/IMG]

This is the bloody red mist that lingers after a kill. Just fades out after a few seconds. Very translucent, barely visible, fairly large. If you need me to alter the color any to make it look right, lemme know.
[IMG]http://img193.**************/img193/860/jksmoke4e.png[/IMG]

Tiny Blood Droplet. VERY tiny. Spews everywhere on exploding of the head.
[IMG]http://img39.**************/img39/909/jkdrop.png[/IMG]

Other than that, it should just spew a bunch of skull fragments. I think HL2 has appropriate models, but if not, I can provide.
CVars:
"sm_headshot_gore_enabled <0/1>" - Obviously enables or disables Plugin.
"sm_headshot_gore_sprayamount <amount>" - Number of Blood Droplets to spawn. Defaults to 12. Feel free to change default if it looks better.
"sm_headshot_gore_mistduration <duration>" - Sets how long Blood Mist lingers before slowly fading out. Defaults to something small, like 2 or 3.
"sm_headshot_gore_version" - Views Plugin Version, of course.

Last edited by StrikerMan780; 11-30-2009 at 23:39.
StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-16-2009 , 13:02   Re: [REQ] Headshot Gore for HL2DM w/ Keeper's Plugin
Reply With Quote #2

If anyone is interested, let me know. Also, if anyone needs me to elaborate more, ask me whatever needs to be cleared up, and I will do my best to answer. Thanks.
StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-30-2009 , 23:19   Re: [REQ] Headshot Gore for HL2DM w/ Keeper's Plugin
Reply With Quote #3

Updated: Here are the VMT/VTF Versions of the textures. Hope it helps anyone who is interested in making this plugin.
Attached Files
File Type: zip goretextures.zip (78.7 KB, 304 views)
KiVash
Old 03-03-2010 , 15:41   Re: [REQ][HL2DM] Headshot Gore for HL2DM w/ Keeper's Plugin
Reply With Quote #4

Hello
Fantastic plugin.
But see this screen:

I want this script!!
heh
StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2010 , 15:49   Re: [REQ][HL2DM] Headshot Gore for HL2DM w/ Keeper's Plugin
Reply With Quote #5

Speaking about this, I am wondering if there is anyone out there still willing to give a shot at making a plugin like this. (The Headshot Plugin, that is, but that other one is cool too)

Last edited by StrikerMan780; 03-04-2010 at 01:36.
KiVash
Old 03-03-2010 , 16:07   Re: [REQ][HL2DM] Headshot Gore for HL2DM w/ Keeper's Plugin
Reply With Quote #6

Base for Materials - VMT and VTF

any idea how works this plugin?
Attached Files
File Type: rar exae.rar (1.76 MB, 323 views)

Last edited by KiVash; 03-10-2010 at 06:52.
painkiller
Old 06-18-2011 , 12:56   Re: [REQ][HL2DM] Headshot Gore for HL2DM w/ Keeper's Plugin
Reply With Quote #7

And a CFG ????? or plugin ?????
tommytoy
Old 06-20-2011 , 18:37   Re: [REQ][HL2DM] Headshot Gore for HL2DM w/ Keeper's Plugin
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiVash View Post
Hello
Fantastic plugin.
But see this screen:

I want this script!!
heh

Good luck for finding this plugins its all custom, i'm the owner of it....
Paparazziv2
Old 06-20-2011 , 18:44   Re: [REQ][HL2DM] Headshot Gore for HL2DM w/ Keeper's Plugin
Reply With Quote #9

for cS:S?
Send a message via MSN to Paparazziv2
tommytoy
Old 01-29-2012 , 21:47   Re: [REQ][HL2DM] Headshot Gore for HL2DM w/ Keeper's Plugin
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparazziv2 View Post
for cS:S?

It was on HL2DM but I have quit playing that game.... Now yes it is on CSS..