This is an engine bug fix plugin - removes ability of silent-run also known as russian-run.
Also this plugin fixes infamous silent-ladder bug.
Also this plugin fixes double-duck stuck bug.
Tested in Counter-Strike 1.6 with amxmodx 1.8.1. Unlike unpproved VEN's anti-silentrun plugin
, this one makes no effect on the game-play. Back in 2008/april/04 I released a Anti DoubleDuck plugin
what became really popular and unfortunately replaced VEN's one (however I did say for approvers that anti-dd doesn't replace VEN's one, so it shouldn't be unapproved...). Idea of Anti-DoubleDuck was to make game-play the way leagues want it to be (noob-friendly), but it became a perfect plugin solution to remove silent-run. I was and am telling that double-duck is an important part of game-play (64unit boxes peak, countjump, go up on platform without slowing down...) what shouldn't be removed by any reason and especially to block silent-run. When this became too annoying for many players including myself I finally went to work on creation of something what VALVE wanted to do back in 2009/april/22 (but they fail and almost destroyed KZ community - but that's an other story). So without any further ague - I present a plugin what removes silent-run by adding a step-sound on successful high-speed double-duck.
Yes high ping players will hear their doubleduck emitted step sound with a delay what depends on their ping and there is no way to fix it using amxx.
* Double-Duck is trapping duck key what will result in teleporting you up 18 units.
* Silent-Run (russian-walk) is a way to move fast without making no sound using double-duck.
* Silent-Ladder climb is a way to move fast on ladders without making any noise by trapping duck key in exact the same times when ladder sound should be played.
* Double-Duck stuck bug is when you try to preform a double-duck, but it cannot be made cause roof is blocking your teleport. It results that you aren't fully ducked, you have a standing player animation, and your movement speed is the same as if you are fully ducked.
* Creating this plugin I found out that half-life step sound system isn't finished - some sound or weren't added and/or weren't even coded to be played.
* Creating this plugin I found out that sound type 'W' what is ment to be "wood" actually is "wade" (water).
* Creating this plugin I found out that "m_chTextureType" offset in amxx offset list
doesn't even exist.
* Creating this plugin I found out that "m_iStepLeft" what is listed in amxx offset list
always returns 0 and is useless.
: When walking on an edge only default texture sound could be played.
: Wrong (water) step sound was played on some wooden surfaces.
- First release.