Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Aim_ag_texture city causing tickrate drops [CSS]

Post New Thread Reply   

cold-serenity
Old 09-25-2009 , 22:01   Aim_ag_texture city causing tickrate drops [CSS]
Reply With Quote #1

Hi I own a large popular aim_ag_texture_city server (counter-strike source) and since we got it, we always have had this one problem. I finally figure out what was causing it and now I want to know if there is a way to fix it.

Basically when my server gets full 8/16 or more the tick drops, on the texture_city.

I filled my server to 16/16 and it still happened. By accident I switched the map to de_dust 2, the 16/16 people still stayed and played. I then noticed the tickrate stayed stable at 101. Never dropping. Either aim_ag_texture_city is causing this or maybe dev_textures (texture used on map) is causing the tick to go up and down.

So if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Server ip: 72.51.60.140:27035

cold-serenity
Old 09-25-2009 , 22:36   Re: Aim_ag_texture city causing tickrate drops [CSS]
Reply With Quote #2

I also forgot to mention the server is 500fps
cold-serenity
Old 09-26-2009 , 20:45   Re: Aim_ag_texture city causing tickrate drops [CSS]
Reply With Quote #3

no one knows...
R@ndom
Old 10-03-2009 , 03:01   Re: Aim_ag_texture city causing tickrate drops [CSS]
Reply With Quote #4

I know what you mean, seen it also on many Texture 2 maps servers...I have a DM(22 slots) server and then it is even worse with the tick drops...
Especially aim_ag_texture2_extreme seems to lag and cause tick drops which makes it in DM virtually unplayable with more then 8 players.

Been reading, trying to fine tune server etc ... the tick drops stay while like you say in de_dust2 it keeps the tick without a prob on steady 100...
(server is in a data center in NL, Quad Xeon with 4 GB memory imho more then enough to support a DM 22 slots...)
The only solution I found so far is lowering the tick rate to 66, and even then with 18 people on it it drops a bit (+/-60)

I can only ask IF you find a solution I would like to know it also...when I find something I will let you know also

Last edited by R@ndom; 10-03-2009 at 03:10.