Notice: This thread has been depreciated.
Please refer to the official Jukebox thread for all future discussions and updates.
Jukebox for Source
is a fully featured music streaming plugin for SoruceMod. It is designed to offer a complete solution for server admins who want to enrich their server's character and overall experience and places heavy value on social play. Jukebox uniquely offers a searchable and dynamic interface similar to those of many other music players, such as iTunes and WinAmp.
Jukebox is compatible with all Source engine mods on both Linux and Windows. For admins, Jukebox also includes a web-based suite of tools for uploading and managing your music library.
- Intuitive, dynamically generated menu-based interface.
- Browse tracks by genre, artist, album or title.
- Look up and select from the newest or most popular tracks.
- Command-line interface, including full search capability, for more familiar users.
- Customizable playback behavior available to each client, with automatically saved and restored settings.
- Easily listen to an entire genre, album or any search result using convenient playlist generation and playback.
- Easy-to-read display of track info in synchronization with playlist tracks.
- Admin-reserved ability to play music for everyone on the server.
- Easily integrate MP3 tracks from any folder on your website.
- Currently designed for separate FTP upload prior to track integration.
- Supports batch processing of new tracks. Upload several albums at once!
- Minimizes work in populating track metadata.
- Automatic ID3 extraction.
- Make batch changes to album, artist and genre info.
- Browse, preview, edit and delete tracks using the provided library browser.
- Optionally host MP3 files on a low-cost remote server.
- Intended for rental packages which do not include enough bandwidth and storage spaces for Jukebox.
- Remote file server is automatically managed via FTP.
- Access is controlled and secure.
- Create user accounts for people you wish to have uploading or administrative access.
- Identify who is uploading which tracks.
- Non-administrative users may edit and delete their own additions.
- No risk of leeching.
- Playback URLs expire due to encrypted timestamp.
- Stored files have randomized file names, making direct browsing impractical.
Current Version: 0.3.6.0
- Website Server
- PHP 5 or later
- MySQL 5 or later
- Source Engine Game Server
- SourceMod 1.2 or later
- Access to same MySQL database as Website Server
- Remote File Server (optional)
This release is an early beta release. It is NOT yet being submitted for official inclusion in the SourceMod plugin library until known bugs are closed and the SourcePawn code is cleaned up.
- Revised configuration file system to conform with system more commonly used by other plugins.
- Config file is now stored at mod_folder/cfg/sourcemod/jukebox.cfg.
- If the config file is not found when Jukebox is started, it will automatically be created. Similarly, future cvars added to Jukebox will automatically be edited into your custom config file.
- The old config file, found at mod_folder/addons/sourcemod/configs/jukebox.cfg, is no longer in use. It can be deleted but it safe to leave there.
- Existing Jukebox users should update jukebox.smx to the latest version and restart it. Then, go to the created config file and update base_url and leech_password with the correct values for your server.
- Fixed significant playback stability error which prevented playback if anyone is in the process of connecting to the server or if a non-player bot (such as SourceTV) is occupying a client slot.
- Corrected error in Eavesdrop function which prevented it from working the majority of the time.
- (query.php) Removed track info (title, artist, album) from playlist generation, as it is not being put to use.
- An undiagnosed disruptive behavior where Jukebox will repeatedly go in and out of functionality. This bug is known to be sensitive to the number of players on the server; as more players join the server, it is more likely Jukebox is not working.
- This bug has been very troublesome. I appreciate any tips or observations you may have. Please see “Feedback” at the end of this document.
- Cannot search for hyphenated words like “g-man” because the hyphen is interpreted as a new command.
The purpose of this beta release is to gather bug-reporting feedback from multiple servers. Progress on Jukebox depends on bug reports.
When reporting a bug, provide an appropriately detailed description of the symptoms and the sequence of events that led to it. Specify if the problem is being experience on the game server, the web server or both. Also check the console for errors when attempting to invoke Jukebox commands.
Include details on the server machine displaying the bug, such as your SourceMod version, game server OS, web server OS, PHP and MySQL version, etc.
Submit bug reports via Private Message to SirLamer on the Allied Modders forum (the official SourceMod community board) at http://forums.alliedmods.net
. Understand that all or part of your message may be copied or paraphrased into a public forum thread for record keeping purposes.
Jukebox.sp will not compile in the forum, as it depends on some custom include files. The zip file includes everything you'll need.