Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved how to set custom map with mapcycle and votemap with custom map? csgo

Post New Thread Reply   

Dariush
Old 01-16-2017 , 18:11   how to set custom map with mapcycle and votemap with custom map? csgo
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,
i want create a server with custom map for example : lego2011 and etc... maps.

but i don't know how to set the custom maps for server and set mapcycle and end map vote for custom map end of the map.

i don't want load the main maps in map voting or like that.

please Help me, i don't want use workshop maps.

witch .cfg file i should edit? to set custom maps and delete main maps?

thanks?

Last edited by Dariush; 01-17-2017 at 05:06.
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2017 , 02:12   Re: how to set custom map with mapcycle and votemap with custom map? csgo
Reply With Quote #2

your fighting a losing battle choosing not to use the workshop. you must hand edit your gamemodes_server.txt file every time you put in a new map or take one away or your server will become unstable. I really suggest using the workshop. google about and see the included gamemodes_server.txt.example file that is in your game folder for an example mapgroup. A mapgroup is what you must create so your server will cycle maps. Good luck!
lay295
Old 01-17-2017 , 03:01   Re: how to set custom map with mapcycle and votemap with custom map? csgo
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton5 View Post
your fighting a losing battle choosing not to use the workshop. you must hand edit your gamemodes_server.txt file every time you put in a new map or take one away or your server will become unstable. I really suggest using the workshop. google about and see the included gamemodes_server.txt.example file that is in your game folder for an example mapgroup. A mapgroup is what you must create so your server will cycle maps. Good luck!
Have never edited gamemodes_server.txt, and my maps/servers work fine. Just add the maps into the mapcycle.txt and maplist.txt and let the map chooser plugin do the rest?

Dariush
Old 01-17-2017 , 04:07   Re: how to set custom map with mapcycle and votemap with custom map? csgo
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lay295 View Post
Have never edited gamemodes_server.txt, and my maps/servers work fine. Just add the maps into the mapcycle.txt and maplist.txt and let the map chooser plugin do the rest?
when i add the new maps in mapcycle.txr and maplist.txt, i should delete the main maps? in their texts files?