Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Simple plugin not working.

Post New Thread Reply   

XunTric
BANNED
Old 08-16-2005 , 13:05   Simple plugin not working.
Reply With Quote #1

On SuperHero Mod, with the hero "accelerator" you can use cl_forwardspeed 9999 to run much faster than accelerator really should.

And many are abusing this in my server.
So I made a plugin to prevent this.

But it aint working.
It changes the cl_speeds to default when they connect, but they can still change it.

Whats wrong here?
Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> #define ACCESS_LEVEL ADMIN_IMMUNITY public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("No CL Speed Bug", "1.0", "XunTric")     register_clcmd("cl_forwardspeed", "cl_speeds")     register_clcmd("cl_backspeed", "cl_speeds")     register_clcmd("cl_sidespeed", "cl_speeds") } public cl_speeds(id) {     if(get_cvar_num("amx_adminclspeeds") >= 1) {                if((get_user_flags(id) & ACCESS_LEVEL)) {               return PLUGIN_HANDLED          }     }     client_print(id, print_console, "[SH] Using the cl_speed bug is not allowed in this server!")     client_cmd(id, "cl_forwardspeed 400")     client_cmd(id, "cl_backspeed 400")     client_cmd(id, "cl_sidespeed 400")         return PLUGIN_HANDLED } public client_connect(id) {     client_cmd(id, "cl_forwardspeed 400")     client_cmd(id, "cl_backspeed 400")     client_cmd(id, "cl_sidespeed 400")         return PLUGIN_HANDLED }
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 08-16-2005 , 13:21  
Reply With Quote #2

Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> #define ACCESS_LEVEL ADMIN_IMMUNITY public plugin_init()     {     register_plugin("No CL Speed Bug", "1.0", "XunTric")         register_clcmd("cl_forwardspeed", "cl_speeds")     register_clcmd("cl_backspeed", "cl_speeds")     register_clcmd("cl_sidespeed", "cl_speeds") } public cl_speeds(id)     {     if(get_cvar_num("amx_adminclspeeds") >= 1) {                 if((get_user_flags(id) & ACCESS_LEVEL)) {             return PLUGIN_HANDLED         }     }         client_print(id, print_console, "[SH] Using the cl_speed bug is not allowed in this server!")         client_cmd(id, "cl_forwardspeed 400")     client_cmd(id, "cl_backspeed 400")     client_cmd(id, "cl_sidespeed 400")         return PLUGIN_HANDLED } public client_putinserver(id)     {     set_task(1.0,"client_connect",id,_,_,"b")     return PLUGIN_HANDLED } public client_connect(id)     {     client_cmd(id, "cl_forwardspeed 400")     client_cmd(id, "cl_backspeed 400")     client_cmd(id, "cl_sidespeed 400")         return PLUGIN_HANDLED }
BANNED
Old 08-16-2005 , 13:43  
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for help, but that was not what I ment.

The cl_ speeds sets to default when they connect.
That works.

But, they can still change it after they connect.

(Btw, I know the cvar in the code isnt registered... Just forgot it thehe)
xx_sirhc_xx
Old 08-16-2005 , 14:03  
Reply With Quote #4

Code:
         if((get_user_flags(id) & ACCESS_LEVEL)) {               return PLUGIN_HANDLED

you're not allowing admin to change. even though yours doesn't work, when you get it working, you'll want..

Code:
         if((get_user_flags(id) & ACCESS_LEVEL)) {               return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
XunTric
BANNED
Old 08-16-2005 , 15:52  
Reply With Quote #5

Ouch, ok thanks

Anybody know why players still can change the cl_ speeds?
ephexx
Old 08-16-2005 , 16:14  
Reply With Quote #6

no clue, but ur server is the shit
Send a message via AIM to ephexx
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2005 , 17:44  
Reply With Quote #7

Use the client_infochanged() forward.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2005 , 19:22  
Reply With Quote #8

cl_forwardspeed is a client command, hence cl_, so it probably wouldn't be sent to the server, which means AMXx can't intercept it. Also, client_infochanged is only called when a client changes "info", data available when you use the command "setinfo", so I don't think that will work either.
VanillA Ice
Old 08-16-2005 , 20:13  
Reply With Quote #9

or you could jsut do this....

Code:
public plugin_init() {      //yada yada yada      register_clientcmd("cl_speed", "block_command") } public block_command(id) {                    client_print(id, print_chat, "[SH] You are not allowed to use that command due to abuse protection!")                   client_print(id, print_console,"[SH] You are not allowed to use that command due to abuse protection!")           return PLUGIN_HANDLED }

and ther ya go...
Velocity36
Old 08-16-2005 , 20:20  
Reply With Quote #10

I think it has to be

Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> public plugin_init() {      register_clcmd("cl_forwardspeed", "block_command")      register_clcmd("cl_sidespeed", "block_command")      register_clcmd("cl_backspeed", "block_command") } public block_command(id) {                   client_print(id, print_chat, "[SH] You are not allowed to use that command due to abuse protection!")                   client_print(id, print_console,"[SH] You are not allowed to use that command due to abuse protection!")                   return PLUGIN_HANDLED }