Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved [L4D2] Repair/Restore Doors

Post New Thread Reply   

Maur0
Old 05-30-2022 , 14:41   [L4D2] Repair/Restore Doors
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, does anyone know if there is a plugin or extension that allows the Survivors to repair or restore the already destroyed doors?

Already like this to combine these 2 plugins:
Lock Doors
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2691335
SI Door Use
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2774797

So to make it similar to the Killing Floor, where the Infected can open the doors and the Survivors block it as if to stop the Infected. And well, with that they can also repair or restore the doors already destroyed.

Also, I don't know if it is possible to add it to the windows to give it a kind of barricade style the Holdout mutation.

Last edited by Maur0; 06-02-2022 at 14:09.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 05-30-2022 , 15:56   Re: [L4D2] Repair/Restore Doors
Reply With Quote #2

Interesting I would like to write this if I get time. Instead of rebuilding an actual door what about holding a key combination to build planks of wood blocking the path? I think Killing Floor has that style?

If anyone does it before me go ahead.

Last edited by Silvers; 05-30-2022 at 15:56.
Maur0
Old 05-30-2022 , 16:21   Re: [L4D2] Repair/Restore Doors
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Interesting I would like to write this if I get time. Instead of rebuilding an actual door what about holding a key combination to build planks of wood blocking the path? I think Killing Floor has that style?

If anyone does it before me go ahead.
It would be great if you can do it or anyone who knows is welcome

More than anything, I thought of putting the new door back on as well as restoring it and that both your plugin and Marttt's be combined.

But I'll see what you can do and take ALL your time without rushing. Thank you very much
Toranks
Old 05-30-2022 , 18:21   Re: [L4D2] Repair/Restore Doors
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maur0 View Post
This 2 plugins works together good AFAIK, playing for weeks with both. If the door has the locked state, SI can't open. If not, can open. Simple. No need extra detections.
The only problem was given by an update of Silvers's Lock Doors, with double doors, where one door kept the lock state and the other did not, allowing the SIs to open the last door, but that already fixed it. We've got the poor Silver endlessly updating the bugs we find.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 05-30-2022 , 21:37   Re: [L4D2] Repair/Restore Doors
Reply With Quote #5

Edit: plugin is done.

Dynamically generating planks where doors were, regardless of door position. Maximum of 4 planks. Double doors use large planks. Not going to add a cost system, too much work. Will only allow building if the door has been destroyed, to prevent collision of physics and bugs with plank generating on the wrong side of the door etc.

There are cvars for build range, door health, build time, build time out, shove damage (common, survivors, infected, tank). Shows a progress bar when building and plays a hammer sound.

Plugin released: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=338036

Last edited by Silvers; 06-01-2022 at 15:38.
Maur0
Old 06-02-2022 , 14:08   Re: [L4D2] Repair/Restore Doors
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Edit: plugin is done.

Dynamically generating planks where doors were, regardless of door position. Maximum of 4 planks. Double doors use large planks. Not going to add a cost system, too much work. Will only allow building if the door has been destroyed, to prevent collision of physics and bugs with plank generating on the wrong side of the door etc.

There are cvars for build range, door health, build time, build time out, shove damage (common, survivors, infected, tank). Shows a progress bar when building and plays a hammer sound.

Plugin released: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=338036
Thank you very much! You are the best!