Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

oceanyss
Old 01-31-2012 , 11:08   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #541

I messed around with the console commands, it seems that when I used sb_add Bill, he can walk around the entire map with no crashes and z_common_limit is higher than 0
oceanyss
Old 01-31-2012 , 11:32   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #542

Nvm, it seems he can only walk to a certain point before stopping entirely but he doesn't crash though. Is there a way to assign any voices to a generic survivor or change the viewmodel arms?
bazrael
Old 02-09-2012 , 19:09   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
- Bill sometimes being bleh for hordes though this was mostly fixed but the hordes can be abnormally large
I found that CSM 2.2 version doesn't seem to have this issue if player don't transform into Bill or use Bill as one of bot survivors, although it still has the same other problems like 2.5a/b version. I didn't save original *.sp file so I didn't know where the differences were. In my opinion this is most stable version and it could work well in most community campaigns. I've used for over a year so upload it for those who doesn't like hordes problem like 2.5a/b version.

Please note that don't use it on the Passing campaign or community campaign including L4D1 NPC bots like the Passing.
Attached Files
File Type: smx l4dcsm_2.2.smx (20.1 KB, 309 views)

Last edited by bazrael; 05-17-2012 at 04:18. Reason: Using Bill still causes horde problem... Now it is.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2012 , 18:37   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #544

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazrael View Post
I found that CSM 2.2 version doesn't seem to have this issue, although it still has the same other problems like 2.5a/b version. I didn't save original *.sp file so I didn't know where the differences were. In my opinion this is most stable version and it could work well in most community campaigns. I've used for over a year so upload it for those who doesn't like hordes problem like 2.5a/b version.

Please note that don't use it on the Passing campaign or community campaign including L4D1 NPC bots like the Passing.
This was actually one of Mi's better versions and I'm not sure why he decided to not work further on it and stick with it compared to 2.5.

For instance.

1. Bot bill reverts back to Nick on a map change in 2.2. Why he didn't then hook bot Nick to switch back to bot Bill once the new map loaded is beyond me. Much in the same way human Bill reverts to human Nick on a map change then reloads as Bill on nextmap load.

2. Something that just sorta bugs me in general. The L4D1 survivors not staying on a map change or rather not reloading on nextmap when being played humans if they load later. Something that I wish was changed but never was.

3. There was also a version of this. Maybe 2.3 that allowed the L4D1 survivors to be added as bots but that was later scrapped due to crashes.

4. Something missing from this version that is available in 2.5 is the L4D2 survivors being selectable which combined with RochelleCrab's version of l4d downtown allows for both sets of survivors voice and model on all campaigns. Which of course is missing in 2.2.

Last edited by Sev; 02-11-2012 at 18:45.
oceanyss
Old 02-12-2012 , 02:25   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #545

I am assuming RochelleCrab's version doesn't allow both sets to be used simultaneously, like both L4D2 and L4D1 voices together
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2012 , 12:00   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #546

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanyss View Post
I am assuming RochelleCrab's version doesn't allow both sets to be used simultaneously, like both L4D2 and L4D1 voices together
It does indeed.

What it does it allow the L4D2 survivors so have voice and model on L4D1 campaigns with a cvar known l4d_force_survivor set.

- l4d_force_survivor_set 0 means what it is now without any changes
- l4d_force_survivor_set 1 forces the L4D1 survivors on all L4D1/L4D2 campaigns with no icons in L4D2 campaigns
- l4d_force_survivor_set 2 forces the l4d2 survivors on L4D1/L4D2 campaigns with no icons in the L4D1 campaigns HOWEVER still being able to select the L4D1 survivors as well via character select

In essence RochelleCrab's downtown version combined with 2.5 or later as I know along survivor set 2 will allow you to in fact have all survivors voice and model at the very least on any campaign.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 02-14-2012 , 09:38   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #547

Quote:
It does indeed.

What it does it allow the L4D2 survivors so have voice and model on L4D1 campaigns with a cvar known l4d_force_survivor set.

- l4d_force_survivor_set 0 means what it is now without any changes
- l4d_force_survivor_set 1 forces the L4D1 survivors on all L4D1/L4D2 campaigns with no icons in L4D2 campaigns
- l4d_force_survivor_set 2 forces the l4d2 survivors on L4D1/L4D2 campaigns with no icons in the L4D1 campaigns HOWEVER still being able to select the L4D1 survivors as well via character select

In essence RochelleCrab's downtown version combined with 2.5 or later as I know along survivor set 2 will allow you to in fact have all survivors voice and model at the very least on any campaign.
Ok so where is this RochelleCrab's version....and what does "2.5" mean?

I'm starting a L4D2 server and I want to have all 8 survivors selectable, and have the L4D1 guys have their voices.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 02-14-2012 at 09:38.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2012 , 12:06   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Ok so where is this RochelleCrab's version....and what does "2.5" mean?

I'm starting a L4D2 server and I want to have all 8 survivors selectable, and have the L4D1 guys have their voices.
Here is Rochellecrab's version.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=192

Please note if you want to run a modified version of Versus.

By that I mean Confogl, Metafogl, etc. This Rochellecrab version will conflict with some of those plugins causing them not to work.

By 2.5 I mean the version of this character select plugin.

I've since removed RochelleCrabs version (because I use character select 2.2) and now use an updated version of L4Ddowntown because I run a modified config of Versus but if you don't run a modified Versus or just run vanilla VS or no VS at all. Then don't worry about it.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 02-14-2012 , 12:46   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #549

Quote:
Here is Rochellecrab's version.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=192

Please note if you want to run a modified version of Versus.

By that I mean Confogl, Metafogl, etc. This Rochellecrab version will conflict with some of those plugins causing them not to work.

By 2.5 I mean the version of this character select plugin.

I've since removed RochelleCrabs version (because I use character select 2.2) and now use an updated version of L4Ddowntown because I run a modified config of Versus but if you don't run a modified Versus or just run vanilla VS or no VS at all. Then don't worry about it.
Yeah....not exactly sure what I'll be running....all I know is it's a L4D2 server. What I want to do, ideally, is run a server that only allows 8 players to be Survivors, so that way there's one player for each Survivor. Everyone else would be the zombies. I think the maxplayers on my server would be set to 24, allowing 8 players as Survivors and 16 players as Zombies. (Would I need some sort of player management plugin to limit Survivors to 8 players and Zombies to 16?)

But if I was to run the plugin for adding the ability to play as the L4D Survivors, in the interest of awesomeness, I'd like the L4D Survivors to use their own voice clips for the various ingame events, which according to what I've read so far, the RochelleCrabs version has coded in already.

Keep in mind, I've never played L4D or L4D2 before, and the only reason I'm starting a L4D2 server is because people on my TF2 server suggested it. I've also never coded anything for L4D/L4D2, and as such, it's like I'm new to the world of coding all over again.
oceanyss
Old 02-15-2012 , 02:54   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #550

Well you can just use the Superversus plugin for the survivors and infected, Left4Downtown or L4dtoolz to make sure more than 8 players can join your server and finally use the character select menu version 2.5 to change every survivor (playing as Bill will cause huge hordes and flickering arms)