Reply With Quote #11

CS:S
I love purple
Old 07-18-2014 , 10:24   Re: [CSS] Net Graph Limiter
Reply With Quote #12

will try it tonight, but:
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...yer_Networking
Quote:
The most popular one is the net graph, which can be enabled with net_graph 2 (or +graph).

EDIT: yup, it's 2 in CSS, too I think you just forgot difference

Last edited by Ade; 07-19-2014 at 14:12.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2014 , 03:50   Re: [CSS] Net Graph Limiter
Reply With Quote #13

Why don't you guys go scour the forums and find some of the plugins that obviously don't work, and actually cause people to crash... Lock databases, hang servers, and all of that good stuff? Oh right, you just read what the description of the plugin does, and then you're the expert (even though, in most cases, such individuals can't even fix a loose indentation warning, and cry about seeing that).

Also, sometimes you don't need the entire 273 piece cutlery set to get the job done, and all that extra crap just gets in the way. One cleaver'll do.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 07-19-2014 , 11:30   Re: [CSS] Net Graph Limiter
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Why don't you guys go scour the forums and find some of the plugins that obviously don't work, and actually cause people to crash... Lock databases, hang servers, and all of that good stuff? Oh right, you just read what the description of the plugin does, and then you're the expert (even though, in most cases, such individuals can't even fix a loose indentation warning, and cry about seeing that).

Also, sometimes you don't need the entire 273 piece cutlery set to get the job done, and all that extra crap just gets in the way. One cleaver'll do.
Wasn't really a dispute, looking back at the replies most of the questions were "why" not in a sense that it was already done before, but we didn't know what net_graph did that was so bad it had to be blocked, and a few of the users explained it.
zipcore
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2014 , 18:24   Re: [CSS] Net Graph Limiter
Reply With Quote #15

Someone may overtake this. I'm busy with other projects.
Old 07-20-2014 , 07:15   Re: [CSS] Net Graph Limiter
Reply With Quote #16

Net graph isn't the only thing that will allow you to "see" nearby entities.
Also, let's not forget all of the handy things we can do at the driver level (render wireframe, selectively disable certain shader features, etc.) providing we know how.

I remember america's army, used to have a cheat detection system that would screencap and store to a central webserver the client's screen. This worked pretty well, and admins could request screens from the client. Would be nice if valve implemented something such as this. Obviously more advanced cheats could try to hook and disable the cheat, and allow a clean cap to go through, but I think the anti cheat engine had some heuristics to check for that as well.

Last edited by friagram; 07-20-2014 at 07:28.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2014 , 18:40   Re: [CSS] Net Graph Limiter
Reply With Quote #17

You can see other players movement in your range within the graph. zBlock does the same and kicks players unsing tis values, but we don't like to put it on our public server, because it enforeces some other things. And yes you can change the timer to a lower value if you like to catch em if they activate it only for a short time.

sounds like someone needs new headphones

and on the other hand. i dont see much extra packets sended when a player is approaching. more like when something bigger is going on or multiple people coming.
and this can be solved by soround annyway or just some headphones together with a pack of ears.

(render wireframe, selectively disable certain shader features, etc.)

yeah since wireframe is something you can just go ahead and turn on every server right. no need to even mention that when we speak of commands we can use on all servers. and selectively disable certian shader features, to get used to that you would need to play like de_dust2 only or something and its kinda taking it to the extreme, if you instead work ur aim that would be better than messing around with grapichs.

people with sweet sound already has a good advantage when you can hear the enemies coming and read their movements and reloads/dropping guns or swapping guns. wich beats atleast net_graph disabling mao =D

Last edited by Robin955; 12-09-2014 at 18:45.