12% 

General Sprite/Model question/request

Post New Thread Reply   

purple_pixie
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2007 , 10:47   General Sprite/Model question/request
Reply With Quote #1

Yo hello, peeps.

So, here I am with one almost finished plugin of leety proportions (like, super-leety ^^) of 4 classes and 16 skills (15 of which work ... ) but it's still far from releaseable.

The reason? I have neither any resources for it, nor the slightest clue where to find them.

All it needs is a couple of sounds, a few very simple sprites and two spherical models.
But I'm stuck on even where to look ... and I'd rather not just rip other people's anyway.

So basically, does anyone know of anyone who has too much spare time, and likes to make sprites, models or sounds for people?

And sadly I can't imagine a much great deal lamer than my plugin without visual or audio effects ...

And FYI I have got Milkshape, and a few other modelling programs but for some reason I can't even make a sodding sphere compile into a .mdl file ...

The only thing I really, actually *need* is a spherical .mdl file. I can hack the textures / resize it - I just can't seem to make one. Damned arty software ... code FTW.

Last edited by purple_pixie; 08-30-2007 at 10:50.
TheNewt
Donor
Old 08-31-2007 , 13:50   Re: General Sprite/Model question/request
Reply With Quote #2

So, you're trying to make a sphere... and then compile it into a .mdl file... Milkshape, to my knowledge can export to Half-Life models... since that was the original intention of milkshape.

Here is a useless idea.
If you want a high polygon sphere I'd imagine that you should use blender and make a mesh UVSphere in that, then export it to like 3D Studio or something that milkshape can import. Import it into milkshape and compile it as a .mdl file... And then you should have a very high polygon count sphere.