Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

Wrd
Old 12-29-2009 , 13:35   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #701

Quote:
Originally Posted by balonyiadam View Post
Hi guys

Ok i'am setup my server with this mod but when we kill some monsta we haven't gain xp .

I do everything that in the readme file.

deleted the define cs etc.....

pls help me
What version are you using. in version 17.25 and 17.26 it's a known bug, it should have been fixed in version 17.27
balonyiadam
Old 12-29-2009 , 14:09   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #702

sorry

now it's work 100%
Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 12-29-2009 , 22:15   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrd View Post
Sorry about that. I made a quick fix in version 17.26 and introduced a horrible bug. Because noone volunteered to test the version I just released it. It should be fixed in this new version 17.27

Version 17.27

- Added: scxpm_maxlevel cvar for capping the max level
- Fixed: xp problem when #define USING_CS is commented
This is currently working on my LAN server.

But damn, this game is really, really unbalanced. The monsters/marines etc are too strong. Impossible game to do alone.

Anyway, does this calculate XP from damage done? Or via the scoreboard?
I killed like 10 people but got XP from some of them three times. Also, my score is like 80. I do not get the way this game calculate these things.

Also, it would be awesome if it would save by IP or nick, so it does not restart every map change on LAN.

Also, It can't really figure out what to do with the healing. If I have 103hp and I get healing thing, it "heals" me down to 100 hp, and stays there. It heals me to 100 again then, and nothing more.

Last edited by Jelle; 12-29-2009 at 22:30.
Send a message via MSN to Jelle
despikyxd
Old 12-30-2009 , 00:58   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #704

first of all
there is a big problem in SC4

when you spawn ... your "start-" health and armor are not set correctly *they are standart 100/0 or what ever the spawn-armor on the map is*

second
SCxpm was the original name ...
the name for SvenCoop-xpm ...

so you should by default COMMENT OUT the CS line and edit the readme to : UNCOMMENT THE CS LINE IF YOU PLAY CS

third
to workaround this problem ... you can set a cvar like scxpm_cs_active ... or some like that ... if this is even possible coz its a pre-proccessor thing ... i dont know if this is possible to make it with a cvar and a if(bool) or if(int==1) in this way how you done

fourth
by ignoring the first three ... its the best RPG mod for a HL1-Based game EVER !

pretty cool that you added a mini-how-to for MySQL ... coz i tried it just activating amx_scxpm_save 2 with amxx runing on sql-base ... but it didn't worked ... now with the how-to it works fine ...

i know that the saving is done on disconnecting *wich even happens on map-changing *or is this a diffrent save opperation than normal disconnecting ?**
may it would be possible to save the stats for all currently online players in a timed interval such as every 5 min'z or some like ...

your port for the Source-Engine would be nice too *do you use metamod-source or is it a direct-plugin *i dont know much about source-modding than mod like amxx are not avaiable for the metamod-source**

thumbs up and big thx for this nice mod ...
to make playin SC4 a bit more diffrent ...

btw : i read the discussion about the max-level-limiting ...
i know a few maps wich was build to be playable only if your scxpm-level is higher than 500 or some ... so you need all skills to be set very high to be able to beat this map ...
that sounds cool for all whose on the servers are such levels ... but for new players ... or players whose are not this high level on the server or even 0 ... its not beatable ... that is one big THUMBS DOWN for such maps ...

btw2 : marry x-mas and a good new year 2010

Last edited by despikyxd; 12-30-2009 at 01:19.
Send a message via ICQ to despikyxd Send a message via MSN to despikyxd
Wrd
Old 12-30-2009 , 03:13   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #705

Quote:
Originally Posted by despikyxd View Post
first of all
there is a big problem in SC4

when you spawn ... your "start-" health and armor are not set correctly *they are standart 100/0 or what ever the spawn-armor on the map is*

second
SCxpm was the original name ...
the name for SvenCoop-xpm ...

so you should by default COMMENT OUT the CS line and edit the readme to : UNCOMMENT THE CS LINE IF YOU PLAY CS

third
to workaround this problem ... you can set a cvar like scxpm_cs_active ... or some like that ... if this is even possible coz its a pre-proccessor thing ... i dont know if this is possible to make it with a cvar and a if(bool) or if(int==1) in this way how you done
1.)
That's because people with a sven coop server does not help me test the version before I release them. I don't have a sven coop server and I won't host one just to test this plugin. (I only have linux servers)

2.)
/care
It still is called scxpm out of respect for the original pluginwriter.

3.)
It's not possible because cs needs special functions that are not available to sven coop. So if you try to compile it in a server with only sven coop it will give an error on #include <cstrike>.

If you don't like it that I mainly support cs than just use version 17.0 or blaim the original pluginwriter that he does not actively support this plugin anymore.

The source version I am writing is for sourcemod.
And I will only support css because I recently bought css for 5 euro's and I don't have other source games.
Wrd
Old 12-30-2009 , 03:24   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelle View Post
This is currently working on my LAN server.

But damn, this game is really, really unbalanced. The monsters/marines etc are too strong. Impossible game to do alone.

Anyway, does this calculate XP from damage done? Or via the scoreboard?
I killed like 10 people but got XP from some of them three times. Also, my score is like 80. I do not get the way this game calculate these things.

Also, it would be awesome if it would save by IP or nick, so it does not restart every map change on LAN.

Also, It can't really figure out what to do with the healing. If I have 103hp and I get healing thing, it "heals" me down to 100 hp, and stays there. It heals me to 100 again then, and nothing more.
If you remove the #define USING_CS the xp get's calculated by your scoreboard. So if your scoreboards says 10 frags them you have received xp for 10, but if you kill yourself and your scoreboard says 9 frags you will lose some xp.
Because sven coop does not trigger the kill event this is the only way to do so.

Save by nick or ip is possible, just google rtfm.

The health regeneration does not give you more health than the health skill would give you. (it shouldn't)
The build in healing spots in the game only heals up to 100hp, if you have more than 100hp don't use it.

Sven coop is a multiplayer game, it is made so that gamers can play together. Playing this alone is like playing amercian football all by yourself. It's boring and useless. But it won't bother me if you do so.
despikyxd
Old 01-01-2010 , 01:11   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #707

Quote:
1.)
That's because people with a sven coop server does not help me test the version before I release them. I don't have a sven coop server and I won't host one just to test this plugin. (I only have linux servers)

2.)
/care
It still is called scxpm out of respect for the original pluginwriter.

3.)
It's not possible because cs needs special functions that are not available to sven coop. So if you try to compile it in a server with only sven coop it will give an error on #include <cstrike>.

If you don't like it that I mainly support cs than just use version 17.0 or blaim the original pluginwriter that he does not actively support this plugin anymore.

The source version I am writing is for sourcemod.
And I will only support css because I recently bought css for 5 euro's and I don't have other source games.
1.) DO YOU RLLY WANT THAT I AWNSER THIS ?=! ...
read self your own posts again ... anytimes ... you self implementet and written a documentation to some that allow to change the save-mode *NONE - VAULT.INIT-FILE - DATABASE* .. and the save type *STEAM_ID , NICK , IP , *some else i actually dont remember coz ive drunken of year-change**

2.) ok dude ... it was just a comment to your thinkin about the fact :

ENABLING CS BY DEFAULT ...

i just said ... that if you try to be with the original name ... that the following term should be true ... nothin else

DISABLING CS BY DEFAULT

3.) as i said ... i dont know rlly much about AMXX programming ... im just a java-developer wich intensivlesy use the JAVA langauge ... so i dont care about some shit like PREPROCCESSORS or like this ... in C / C++ / C# ... PREPROCCESSORS are normal ... i understand this and try to fully understand the diffences between CS and SC *yeah ... i mean the part wich doesnt matter with the 2-TEAM - configuration of the game ...*
Send a message via ICQ to despikyxd Send a message via MSN to despikyxd
Wrd
Old 01-01-2010 , 03:42   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #708

Quote:
Originally Posted by despikyxd View Post
alot of garbage....
I guess you did drink too much. 1 was about starting health and not save modes...

2 is still -> I don't care

If you are really a java programmer you should know better. I can program in C, C++, Java, Php, SQL and a little perl and this amxx language.

in java you have to import things if you use external stuff. you cannot import cs if you don't have cs.

I've already decided to ignore you because your input doesn't really help out. If you really think it's a big issue why don't you start programming for this plugin.

If you already know java you should al least be able to read the code and understand what is going on. I took me 1 day to understand the programming language amxx uses. And it took me about 2 weeks to understand the messy plugin code. Amxx has some good tutorials and you can use other plugins as example.

So in short:
If you think you can do better, prove it!! otherwise go complain somewhere else.

If you decide to take over this plugin I'll completely stop supporting it.

Last edited by Wrd; 01-01-2010 at 03:51.
Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 01-01-2010 , 09:03   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #709

Quote:
If you remove the #define USING_CS the xp get's calculated by your scoreboard. So if your scoreboards says 10 frags them you have received xp for 10, but if you kill yourself and your scoreboard says 9 frags you will lose some xp.
Because sven coop does not trigger the kill event this is the only way to do so.

Save by nick or ip is possible, just google rtfm.

The health regeneration does not give you more health than the health skill would give you. (it shouldn't)
The build in healing spots in the game only heals up to 100hp, if you have more than 100hp don't use it.

Sven coop is a multiplayer game, it is made so that gamers can play together. Playing this alone is like playing amercian football all by yourself. It's boring and useless. But it won't bother me if you do so.
Oh I see.

I did not look at the source code, nor the configs. Should probably go over it to find the save by nick option for LAN.

However, what you are saying about the health.
I know that those build in healing things only heals me to 100. But if I get like level 15 health, and then level 5 healing. It keeps me on 100 hp. Sometimes it heals me to 101, I even saw it go up to 104, but then it just went down to 100 again. Also, when I spawn, I should have 115 hp, but the healing thing gets me down to 100 instantly.

I know it is a multiplayer game. I just thought that monsters and soldiers would be killable alone. I guess not.
But hell, you need to be like 5 people just not to die all against one soldier.

I remember playing this a long time ago, monsters were not that hard. But well, you did not make the game. Not you I should complain to
Wrd
Old 01-01-2010 , 11:10   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelle View Post
Oh I see.

I did not look at the source code, nor the configs. Should probably go over it to find the save by nick option for LAN.

However, what you are saying about the health.
I know that those build in healing things only heals me to 100. But if I get like level 15 health, and then level 5 healing. It keeps me on 100 hp. Sometimes it heals me to 101, I even saw it go up to 104, but then it just went down to 100 again. Also, when I spawn, I should have 115 hp, but the healing thing gets me down to 100 instantly.
The latest version (17.27) comes with a readme.txt. All the info you need can be found there.

If the healing acts like you described it than there is a bug in the plugin. I didn't make the healing part but I can take some time to find and solve the problem. If despikyxd decides to take over this plugin he should fix it.

I played cs alot 10 years ago. But now I work full-time, got a girlfriend and I'm in the process buying a house. So I don't have alot of time. So be patient. I'll take a look at it but don't expect a new version today.