Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

IRC Relay for SourceMod 2.5.0

Post New Thread Reply   

Olly
Old 02-17-2008 , 17:47   Re: IRC Relay (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon660 View Post
Hey i downloaded this with a fresh install of everything. Cos i didnt have sourcemod to start with.

I got some problems.
I can send msgs to the server.
Just cant recieve them...

Why would that be?

EG the bot is not saying ANYthing in channel

to test.

channel is #contractkillers.css on quakenet
server is 91.192.210.59:27025

thanks

Edit:: i went back to the older version on metamod, but i still get this problem.
paste your: /sourcemod/configs/ircrelay/channels.txt

// Yarrrr!
Send a message via MSN to Olly
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 02-17-2008 , 21:28   Re: IRC Relay (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #22

Nice job Olly, a few things that would enhance this:

Visual Cosmetic fix:
Some commands like "say" and "rcon" possibly a few others output information in the channel with an extra " " at the beginning.

"Adduser" command does not return anything on success? Would be nice if it noticed you saying the user has been added or similar.

"Deluser" would be nice to have a deluser command?

Would be great if you could add an option to show all server console commands to show in the IRC. So if someone manually types a command in console to change a cvar or say something it would be outputted in the channel.

Keep up the great work, this plugin is awesome and we are also awaiting your Linux fix, thanks.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Olly
Old 02-18-2008 , 19:52   Re: IRC Relay (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
Nice job Olly, a few things that would enhance this:

Visual Cosmetic fix:
Some commands like "say" and "rcon" possibly a few others output information in the channel with an extra " " at the beginning.

"Adduser" command does not return anything on success? Would be nice if it noticed you saying the user has been added or similar.

"Deluser" would be nice to have a deluser command?

Would be great if you could add an option to show all server console commands to show in the IRC. So if someone manually types a command in console to change a cvar or say something it would be outputted in the channel.

Keep up the great work, this plugin is awesome and we are also awaiting your Linux fix, thanks.
Adduser should show a msg on succes, ill look into it.

I dont quite understand what you mean about the console comands

// Yarrrr!
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2008 , 22:46   Re: IRC Relay (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
Adduser should show a msg on succes, ill look into it.

I dont quite understand what you mean about the console comands
For example:

In server console I type "mp_friendlyfire 1" the IRC Relay should relay this information to the channel.

Or if I put in the SRCDS console "say Server is shutting down for an upgrade" it should be sent through IRC Relay.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Olly
Old 02-19-2008 , 16:00   Re: IRC Relay (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
For example:

In server console I type "mp_friendlyfire 1" the IRC Relay should relay this information to the channel.

Or if I put in the SRCDS console "say Server is shutting down for an upgrade" it should be sent through IRC Relay.
Well thats easy :p

ill add it to my list

// Yarrrr!
PrefeX
Old 02-19-2008 , 17:59   Re: IRC Relay (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #26

There should be a option for changing the '/irc' trigger.
Also, it seems that the gameinfo have a problem with the timeleft. Always shows 0.
The !<botname> also appears to be broken, although it works with groups and pm.
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2008 , 18:23   Re: IRC Relay (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrefeX View Post
There should be a option for changing the '/irc' trigger.
Also, it seems that the gameinfo have a problem with the timeleft. Always shows 0.
The !<botname> also appears to be broken, although it works with groups and pm.
The !<botname> is a bit confusing, it's not based on the botname but rather the variable "irc_name".

I thought the same thing, that it was based off "irc_nickname" initially and that the "irc_name" variable was actually for the identd (which it is as well).

Once you realize this though it makes it good for creating shorter names for the bots.

It might be worthwhile clarifying this in the config comments or initial post Olly.
FroL
Old 02-20-2008 , 15:24   Re: IRC Relay (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #28

One question. How to make integration, for example, with a plug-in warmod? That monitoring a score would automatically be conducted, at its change...

3SMedia #1 | classic gameplay | tick 100 (81.25.49.19:27015)
3SMedia #2 | pro gaming | tick 100 (81.25.49.19:27016)
3SMedia #3 | deathmatch | tick 100 (81.25.49.19:27017)
Sorry for my VERY bad english .
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2008 , 19:38   Re: IRC Relay (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #29

Olly more ideas

Maybe we can have a log feature as well, to log all commands used on the IRC Relays?

Another option I think wuld be awesome, is allowing people to only use SourceMod commands, I don't know if there is an easy way to do this, but maybe instead of full rcon status, you could give them access to just the SourceMod commands? Or even if we really get crazy, you could link the users to the SourceMod user file and maybe login based off STEAMID or something?

Then you could even limit down to certain SourceMod commands.
Olly
Old 02-21-2008 , 09:53   Re: IRC Relay (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroL View Post
One question. How to make integration, for example, with a plug-in warmod? That monitoring a score would automatically be conducted, at its change...
Plugins are easy to create, just look at ANY of the plugins included in the package (apart from irc-relay-core.sp, and irc-access.sp). They have examples of how to interact to IRC from your plugin. Also, take a read of /includes/irc-relay.inc for natives, and forwards to use in your plugin.

Quote:
Olly more ideas

Maybe we can have a log feature as well, to log all commands used on the IRC Relays?

Another option I think wuld be awesome, is allowing people to only use SourceMod commands, I don't know if there is an easy way to do this, but maybe instead of full rcon status, you could give them access to just the SourceMod commands? Or even if we really get crazy, you could link the users to the SourceMod user file and maybe login based off STEAMID or something?

Then you could even limit down to certain SourceMod commands.
Maybe yea.. Problem is, its impossible to return any feedback to IRC, like if you try and slap someone, and the name cant be found, you wont be able to see the SourceMod response from IRC.

You cannot base relay access from the admin files, because there is no STEAM identifier built into IRC. So if it was based on steam, anyone could simply type a steamid of another admin to get higher access.

Maybe in the future, i will build in support to manage IRC relay users through sourcebans or something. Depending on how popular the plugin becomes.

// Yarrrr!