Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

1000 FPS Switch & What Now?

Post New Thread Reply   

blood2k
Old 10-17-2016 , 00:07   1000 FPS Switch & What Now?
Reply With Quote #1

So I want to switch to 1000 FPS on my NFO server, I run a 1.6 server with them. I've already tried to upgrade once for a test run of 1000 FPS, and I noticed my amxmodx stopped working.. became super glitchy.. my gameME is hooked up and it wouldn't load commands like /rank /top15 or anything of that sort. But random amxmodx messages still existed? If I remember correctly typing amx_help in console was crashing the server too.

Any idea what this was? As I want to transfer to 1000 FPS with the current game files I have now because of player stats and plugins. I know that metamod plugins for amxmodx will have to load the linux .dll's .. but If I'm not mistaken doesn't amxmodx load the linux versions by its self once it detects that it's not on win32 anymore.

In other words.. am I supposed to do anything at all when switching to 1000 FPS when it comes to my amxmodx setup? Do i have to edit the liblist or should everything just function properly regardless.

Last edited by blood2k; 10-17-2016 at 00:11.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2016 , 09:33   Re: 1000 FPS Switch & What Now?
Reply With Quote #2

There is nothing to do. AMX Mod X should not be affected by a different framerate. There are two compiled versions of AMX Mod X (from the same source code), one for Windows and one for Linux. Both should work the same.

When getting a new server, you should always install things from the ground up. You shouldn't just copy the whole server over, especially if you are changing OS.
Old 10-17-2016 , 17:00   Re: 1000 FPS Switch & What Now?
Reply With Quote #3

You're correct.. I actually updated to the dev 1.8.3 amxmodx a while back but didn't copy over the new linux version with it.. once I did that everything works good.

Now, 1 more thing.. there's the "@ hello" admin text command that usually always showed my personal in-game name in white on the bottom left portion of the screen.

Now it shows my name sometimes.. and sometimes it shows my full server name as the person sending the message? This has to be something related to the change because this issue never existed before the switch to linux.

Usually always showed the correct admin name in "@" chat
Neeeeeeeeeel.-
Some Guy Yellin'
Old 10-17-2016 , 18:32   Re: 1000 FPS Switch & What Now?
Reply With Quote #4

Do you use admin chat (say @) with server console/rcon command?
Old 10-17-2016 , 21:59   Re: 1000 FPS Switch & What Now?
Reply With Quote #5

Nope, I just know that admincmd.amxx has the different types of admin chats available

amx_say (console amx_say)
amx_tsay
amx_psay
amx_csay

^ all those..
then theres the say_team admin chat

and then theres just the put a "@" before your message and it's an admin message to the public but in a white hud message on left corner of screen.

Usually it says my name.. and then a message. But recently it has been changing from my name.. to my complete serer name. Not using rcon or anything. It has also been doing this for my other admins too... trippyyy
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2016 , 22:22   Re: 1000 FPS Switch & What Now?
Reply With Quote #6

Those command are in adminchat.amxx. Does your issue happen with all of the command that you listed? What is the value of "amx_show_activity"? Are you sure you are using the default adminchat.amxx?
Old 10-18-2016 , 12:48   Re: 1000 FPS Switch & What Now?
Reply With Quote #7

Sorry, yea you're correct it's in the adminchat.amxx not admincmd.amxx.

& The issue only specifically happens with that one hud message when using the @ symbol and writing message.

The amx_say in console or amx_psay/csay/tsay commands don't do that O_O.

atleast I know for a fact that AMX_SAY doesn't do that. The psays and csays/tsays I havn't really had a FULL test on. But it seems pretty fine.

Last edited by blood2k; 10-18-2016 at 16:38.
Neeeeeeeeeel.-
Some Guy Yellin'
Old 10-18-2016 , 15:05   Re: 1000 FPS Switch & What Now?
Reply With Quote #8

You didn't answered fysiks's questions yet... please give us the required information so we can help you.

Last edited by Neeeeeeeeeel.-; 10-18-2016 at 15:05.
Send a message via Skype™ to Neeeeeeeeeel.-
blood2k
Old 10-18-2016 , 16:37   Re: 1000 FPS Switch & What Now?
Reply With Quote #9

Must have missed the question.

"amx_show_activity" is "2"