Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Map rotation stops when sever is empty.

Post New Thread Reply   

ZeroOne
Old 04-23-2012 , 10:53   Map rotation stops when sever is empty.
Reply With Quote #1

Is there a way to keep the map rotating? When the server is empty, the map rotation stops.

When the first person joins, (first player, empty server) it goes to instant sudden death, says the team that the player joined has won, then initiates a map change... all within 10 seconds.

Thanks for any info you might have!!
Sillium
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-24-2012 , 01:35   Re: Map rotation stops when sever is empty.
Reply With Quote #2

Check this plugin (or any similar): http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=65281

www.unterwasserpyromanen.de
ZeroOne
Old 04-25-2012 , 21:02   Re: Map rotation stops when sever is empty.
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for the suggestion. It is frustrating though... a lot of these plugins seem overly complicated to just have the map keep cycling with an empty server.

It really just seems like something that should be default functionality of the game itself, considering, the default method is to have a player wait twice when joining an empty server... seeing "server is changing map" after already waiting to join, and THEN not ending up on the map the saw in the server browser.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-26-2012 , 10:05   Re: Map rotation stops when sever is empty.
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroOne View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. It is frustrating though... a lot of these plugins seem overly complicated to just have the map keep cycling with an empty server.

It really just seems like something that should be default functionality of the game itself, considering, the default method is to have a player wait twice when joining an empty server... seeing "server is changing map" after already waiting to join, and THEN not ending up on the map the saw in the server browser.
Maybe, but Valve doesn't have it auto-change maps when the server's empty. Hell, Valve's implementation doesn't even consider a server empty if any bots (including SourceTV or replay) are present (you'll see round start events running on the first map after server startup when replay exists, for instance).

Here's a quick script that runs the randommap command if the last non-bot player disconnects. I don't know what games support randommap, I just know that TF2 does and I suspect it's part of the OrangeBox engine.

Edit:
Forgot to mention, randommap selects a random map from mapcycle.txt. If your server uses some other file to store its map rotation (such as when using UMC), then this won't do what you want.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (randommap_on_empty.sp - 385 views - 760 Bytes)

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-26-2012 at 10:08.