Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Sourcemod Wont Change Maps

Post New Thread Reply   

FurtherStill
Old 06-08-2015 , 10:23   Sourcemod Wont Change Maps
Reply With Quote #1

I have my server set to launch and sync with a workshop map list: http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfil.../?id=406082234

The maps download and sourcemod will change the maps using the admin menu perfectly fine until the map has been active for around 10 minutes. The map will suddenly be unable to be changed using sourcemod...however I am able to change the map using changelevel then selecting a map not from the workshop. Once this map loads i am then able to use the admin menu again to change to a workshop map just fine.

The admin menu works fine when using my hosted fastdl server but I would prefer to use the workshop map list since it is always updated with the latest versions of the maps and new approved maps get added frequently. So it allows them to be auto added to my server.

Anyone have any ideas what would cause sourcmod to be unable to change workshop maps after being on a map a few minutes?
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 06-09-2015 , 01:20   Re: Sourcemod Wont Change Maps
Reply With Quote #2

unable to be changed using sourcemod... you mean the map no longer appears in the list, or when you choose it nothing happens not even in the logs...? how is your maplist do you include the full workshop/id/mapname path ?

no ideas, never seen this problem, try disabling other plugins.
FurtherStill
Old 06-09-2015 , 07:48   Re: Sourcemod Wont Change Maps
Reply With Quote #3

Sorry, let me try to be more detailed.

I have a private jump server up and running with everything running perfectly. The only plugins I have active are the ones necessary for KZ and the SM_admin menu to work. I just want to switch to using a workshop map list so i dont have to keep updating the maps manually.

I would like to start using the workshop map list found here http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfil.../?id=406082234

I have my .bat file to launch the server like this
srcds -game csgo -console -usercon -tickrate 128 +hostname "X3R0" +game_type 0 +game_mode 0 +host_workshop_collection 406082234 -authkey <MY AUTH KEY> +host_workshop_map 366676751

My adminmenu_maplist.ini is attached and has all the maps listed like this
workshop\449657758\kz_dontstop.bsp

My Error log does not show any errors and the source log shows that it is changing the maps when I request it to be done however nothing happens.

The way it fails is like this.

I can start up the server, go into a map and go to the sm_admin menu and change the map to whatever I want in the first few minutes no problem. I believe as long as 5-8 min. For some reason once it gets around 10 minutes the admin menu comes up, lets me select a map and the server says it is changing to it but nothing happens. I can try multiple times and the log shows it is changing all the times I have issued the command.

The only way I can get the server to change maps at that point is to use rcon changelevel and go to a map other than one from the workshop. Once the map changes to the non workshop map I can then start using the sm_admin menu to switch to whatever workshop map I want and the process will start over. Then once a few minutes passes the sm_admin menu will randomly not change the map again.

Also I have tried using the sm_map command as well and it wont work after a few minutes either.

It seems to be directly related to the workshop maps. As i stated it works perfectly with the same maps hosted from my fastdl. Its only when trying to use the workshop that it fails.

I hope this is a little clearer now with the issue.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Attached Files
File Type: ini adminmenu_maplist.ini (8.2 KB, 291 views)

Last edited by FurtherStill; 06-09-2015 at 07:50.
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 06-09-2015 , 15:35   Re: Sourcemod Wont Change Maps
Reply With Quote #4

Do try with out your other kz plugins, and any other plugins not from sourcemod... I know you do not need the full path just the base map name, and I've not seen anyone include the .bsp extension in map lists before either. This still does not explain the randomness your experiencing and I'm sure its something external (plugin/extension) going on here.
FurtherStill
Old 06-09-2015 , 15:47   Re: Sourcemod Wont Change Maps
Reply With Quote #5

oops I copied over the wrong file to attach...the one that I am using doesn't have the .bsp ill try without the kztimer and see.

the thing is though it works fine when its not workshop maps and just uses the maps stored on my web server.....i have a feeling its something with the workshop system.
FurtherStill
Old 06-10-2015 , 10:42   Re: Sourcemod Wont Change Maps
Reply With Quote #6

Ok I disabled all plugins except those needed for sourcemod. I set my time limit to 0 and told it to ignore round end so that it will stay on a map indefinitely. I still had the same result. After about 10 or so minutes I can not change the map using the admin menu to a workshop folder map. However if i use changelevel and select a map in the normal map folder it will work.
C0nvert
Old 12-10-2019 , 04:21   Re: Sourcemod Wont Change Maps
Reply With Quote #7

Any solutions?
Have the ssame Problem