3% 

Sourcebans Slueth Banning Everyone

Post New Thread Reply   

Merrill
Old 03-30-2020 , 14:07   Sourcebans Slueth Banning Everyone
Reply With Quote #1

Hello

My issue is with sbpp_slueth I think.

When I banned a player from ingame it listed the player on the website but listed a wrong ip address.

Then 12 additional bans were done in the next 2-3 minutes on players in the server which showed up on the website. The reason listed on all the bans was "duplicate account found" and it listed the same IP for all the bans. It said these players were banned by console and I believe Slueth was the plugin making the bans.

I went to the sbpp_slueth.sp file and changed the g_cVar_actions variable from 3 to 4 which is Notify Admins Only. I tried to compile it and got the error "fatal error 183: cannot read from file: "sourcebanspp". I believe this would fix my problem but can't find a work around to the compiling error.

I ended up disabling the sbpp_slueth.smx plugin for now. I'm not sure how valuable this plugin is to the total function of sourcebans.

I did a test ban once I disabled slueth and it only banned the designated player so it seemed to work with it disabled.

Any idea what's wrong?

Merrill

Last edited by Merrill; 03-30-2020 at 17:06.
Merrill
Old 03-30-2020 , 17:06   Re: Sourcebans Slueth Banning Everyone
Reply With Quote #2

One thing i just noticed is it puts my IP in the IP field for each ban I do. Not sure if this is relevant but thought to mention it.

If i could just get the sbpp_slueth.sp to compile I'm sure would fix my problem.

I did find this thread on the functionality of slueth. This is definitely my problem.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...8793?p=1818793

I notice it says you need to use sourcebans.inc to compile. Anyone know where I can find it?

Last edited by Merrill; 03-30-2020 at 17:33.
Merrill
Old 04-08-2020 , 13:00   Re: Sourcebans Slueth Banning Everyone
Reply With Quote #3

I figured out how to compile sbpp_slueth.sp. The sourcebanspp was an .inc file that was in my includes folder. I included it with the compile and it worked. I'm still debating on even using slueth as everything has been working fine with out it and for some reason every ban done from within game list my ip address in the ban ip field.