Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Solved [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player

Post New Thread Reply   

Virginia
Old 08-20-2019 , 15:31   [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #1

I'm trying to make a demonstrational emotes plugin for CS:GO. It creates prop_dynamic with custom animset, bonemerge and parent it with player and plays an animation.

This is how it normally works - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz9f2QpOdNM. I host the server and i always see it like this. But some other players who join my server have a bug with their camera in thirdperson view. They always see it like this - https://gyazo.com/58dc86c86a5656e4be9bbb27aad4722a. Their camera stuck somewhere near their head position. 3 out of 5 players had this bug and 2 out of 5 (inclding me, the host) didn't.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited by Virginia; 09-30-2020 at 21:17.
Halt
Old 08-20-2019 , 15:42   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #2

Neat idea man I don't have the answer right now (although someone does) I can help later in the day when I return to my home where all my plugins are to browse through. DM me if you haven't gotten an answer by then and we can try and figure it out together.

Edit

Perhaps a simple test/debug can help us find out why some players have a different experience. Also not sure what's going on in the round but remember in Csgo when all CT's die and the camera defaults to the planted bomb, OR I believe the direction of the enemy that killed you.

Last edited by Halt; 08-20-2019 at 15:45.
GetRektByNoob
Old 08-20-2019 , 16:34   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #3

sorry, I can't help but can you release it when you're finished by any chance?. I would love to take a look at the code and its hilarious...

Last edited by GetRektByNoob; 08-20-2019 at 16:36.
Virginia
Old 08-20-2019 , 19:44   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #4

We tested it for both teams, Ts and CTs, in the beginning of the round, with 1 player on the server and with few players, and always only me and one other player have normal camera.
Virginia
Old 08-20-2019 , 19:46   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetRektByNoob View Post
sorry, I can't help but can you release it when you're finished by any chance?. I would love to take a look at the code and its hilarious...
Yes, i will release this demo plugin when it will be finished.
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-20-2019 , 19:59   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #6

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2661335

Maybe this will help

Last edited by 8guawong; 08-20-2019 at 20:00.
backwards
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-20-2019 , 20:25   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #7

Do you have collision group set to be disabled on the dynamic prop? Also you can use this https://sm.alliedmods.net/new-api/sd...ientViewEntity spawn anothe prop which is parented to the player at an offset and set the clients view to be on that model. The issue appears to be the camera not wanting to clip through walls/objects and the prop dynamic having collision for the camera directly behind the players head. So it gets stuck and wont move back anymore
Old 08-21-2019 , 13:58   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337norway View Post
Do you have collision group set to be disabled on the dynamic prop? Also you can use this https://sm.alliedmods.net/new-api/sd...ientViewEntity spawn anothe prop which is parented to the player at an offset and set the clients view to be on that model. The issue appears to be the camera not wanting to clip through walls/objects and the prop dynamic having collision for the camera directly behind the players head. So it gets stuck and wont move back anymore
Yes, insure your entity has no collision. You can set a spawn flag (256) for no collision. Or also

PHP Code:
AcceptEntityInput(prop"DisableCollision""1"); 
For an easy fix.

Edit - You can test this by standing up against a solid brush and do multiple emotes, changing your angle each time. Example look at the solid brush first and do it, then turn 30 degrees and repeat until you do a full circle. Keep in mind overhead props/brush's and even some non-visible brush's. Playerclips etc. Nodraws should be fine because they don't render solid by default.

Last edited by Halt; 08-21-2019 at 14:02.
Virginia
Old 08-21-2019 , 15:42   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #9

I disabled collision, but it didn't help:
Code:
DispatchKeyValue(prop, "solid", "0");
SetEntProp(prop, Prop_Data, "m_nSolidType", 0 );
SetEntProp(prop, Prop_Data, "m_CollisionGroup", 0);
SetEntProp(prop, Prop_Data, "m_usSolidFlags", 256);
AcceptEntityInput(prop, "DisableCollision");
I also tried to make new prop with collision disabled, teleport it to the player position and set player view from this prop, and even this didn't help. (It was fine for me, but 2nd player still had broken camera.) Now i'm not even sure, may be there is something wrong with this player or my server.
I know a person who has similar plugin without such camera issue, so i think i will just wait for him and ask.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 08-21-2019 , 20:17   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #10

Maybe don't do the thirdperson command and use the other method that uses observer mode or whatever?