Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Access to deleting our own threads

Post New Thread Reply   

<VeCo>
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2019 , 12:11   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #11

Don't know why are you even bothered by the existence of that thread, everyone makes stupid mistakes. These "infractions" are meaningless.

Last edited by <VeCo>; 07-17-2019 at 12:11.
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 07-17-2019 , 12:17   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by <VeCo> View Post
Don't know why are you even bothered by the existence of that thread, everyone makes stupid mistakes. These "infractions" are meaningless.
I just thought it was spam. I'm not stubborn by any means, but that wasn't a mistake, at least for me. Infractions aren't meaningless, if 10 points is the total to get banned, then I'm halfway there.
Old 07-17-2019 , 14:21   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #13

100 is the total, so you're not even a 10th there.
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 07-17-2019 , 14:38   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
100 is the total, so you're not even a 10th there.
I thought 10 was the total, thanks for letting me know.

Last edited by edon1337; 07-17-2019 at 14:38.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-17-2019 , 22:50   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #15

I've blanked tons of my oldest posts but not all willy-nilly. The usual suspects for my blanking were threads I made to get answers to a question that were already better answered by other already existing threads, and any posts where I divulged too much personal info or where I cringed at the dumb shit I wrote years ago.

The key thing to remember is that plenty of people use Google to find help with programming issues. I do it all the time. I just make sure that if I must blank out a post, I leave any useful information in and just remove the cringey bits.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 07-17-2019 at 22:52.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-20-2019 , 07:28   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #16

The forum rules can be found here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/misc.php?do=showrules. They're shown during registration, and linked at the top and bottom of every page.

There have been some clarifications and minor additions over the years, but they're roughly the same as when this forum was founded 15 years ago. What's changed is we've got from always permanently banning, to temporary bans, and now to an automated system that informs you what rule was broken so you have a chance to correct your actions before being excluded from the forum.

There are "points" allocated to each rule so that everyone is treated equally, and the "infractions" expire (quite quickly) so that silly actions in the past don't affect you in the future.
Old 07-25-2019 , 00:09   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
The forum rules can be found here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/misc.php?do=showrules. They're shown during registration, and linked at the top and bottom of every page.

There have been some clarifications and minor additions over the years, but they're roughly the same as when this forum was founded 15 years ago. What's changed is we've got from always permanently banning, to temporary bans, and now to an automated system that informs you what rule was broken so you have a chance to correct your actions before being excluded from the forum.

There are "points" allocated to each rule so that everyone is treated equally, and the "infractions" expire (quite quickly) so that silly actions in the past don't affect you in the future.
Since we're on this, does the rules listed also effect those who run dproto (multi-protocol servers) servers and have a signature running or displaying such information that in fact proves they run these type of servers. Does that warrant a ban or warning?

These last two rules could use a bit more clarification in my opinion:
Code:
Mentioning that you, or promoting the act of, cracking Steam or circumventing its copyright protection.
Promoting the running of "no-steam" servers, or publicizing that you run such servers.
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2019 , 16:20   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #18

Yes. Bam.
@VIP System 100% done !

Send a message via MSN to Natsheh Send a message via Skype™ to Natsheh
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-27-2019 , 16:38   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #19

Here's an example of what I did when I "deleted" my own posts; https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=174946

Left a "reason" for the deletion.

whoops, got a warning for this. didn't mean to make it sound like "breaking the rules is cool!", and that old useless thread got restored too. either way, i tried to go about my blanking as respectfully as possible given the rules. obviously i can't delete other people's posts or anything so that info's still there. don't break the rules and be like me, guys

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 07-27-2019 at 18:51.