Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Applying Killstreaks to Killstreak Weapons

Post New Thread Reply   

SwitchView
Old 03-10-2017 , 05:30   Applying Killstreaks to Killstreak Weapons
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys I have a question regarding Killstreaks, hopefully my wording isnt poor and this makes sense.

I am trying to apply Killstreaks to weapons but only for the people that have those weapons with a Killstreak.

Example:
I am replacing everyones standard Rocket Launcher on the server with a modified Rocket Launcher that has a clip size of 10.

Player X joins the game, and his Rocket Launcher is a standard Rocket Launcher with nothing special about it. He automatically gets the upgraded RL with clip size 10. Player Y joins the game, he has a RL with a Specialized Killstreak, but his RL is replaced with the standard RL with 10 clip size and no killstreak.

How can I make it so that player X gets the 10 clip rocket launcher with no killstreak because he doesn't have one, and player Y gets a RL with his specialized killstreak?

I have tried "preserve_attributes" but that carriers over all the vanilla attributes on the weapons. I don't want any of the vanilla attributes as I replace almost every weapon with its own unique stats.

I hope this made sense, and if not I will try to clarify!
Gamemaster1379
Old 07-24-2017 , 15:46   Re: Applying Killstreaks to Killstreak Weapons
Reply With Quote #2

I know this is a bit late, but I saw some old topics here and dabbled quite a bit, so I figured I'd reply for the author, or anyone else that stumbles across

Because people can have uniquely identified, special killstreaks of various types, you must preserve the attributes. That's the only way for people's cosmetic attributes to carry over.

What you would need to do, is in addition to your weapon's unique stats, you also need to specify all the attributes that are already on the weapon, and then null out their values.

For example, say you wanted to modify the liberty launcher to have a 10 clip and triple damage rockets. You would set the move speed multipler to 10, and set damage multiplier to 3.

THEN, once you have set those, you need to specify the projectile speed attribute, and set it to 1 (it's a multiplier). Then, take the clip size attribute, and also set it to 1 (also a multiplier). These then would set them to the same as stock.