Raised This Month: $67 Target: $400
 16% 

Charger Shove [L4D2]


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author
WhatsAnName
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2018
Plugin ID:
7518
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
     
    Plugin Description:
    allows you to shove the charger
    Old 02-27-2021 , 21:18   Charger Shove [L4D2]
    Reply With Quote #1

    public release of a little plugin i had for myself for a while.


    To install get smx and drag and drop into sourcemod/plugins.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Shoveable charger.sp - 130 views - 532 Bytes)

    Last edited by WhatsAnName; 02-27-2021 at 21:18.
    WhatsAnName is offline
    Ernecio
    Member
    Join Date: Sep 2019
    Location: The United Mexican State
    Old 02-28-2021 , 02:36   Re: Charger Shove [L4D2]
    Reply With Quote #2

    The Cvar is good, but my little tip is that you do something like this

    PHP Code:
    #pragma semicolon 1
    #pragma newdecls required

    #include <sourcemod> 
    #include <sdktools> 

    public Plugin myinfo =
    {
        
    name "Shoveable charger",
        
    author "WhatsAnName",
        
    description "simply allows charger to be shoved.",
        
    version "1.0",
        
    url ""
    };

    public 
    void OnPluginStart()
    {
        
    FindConVar"z_charger_allow_shove" ).SetInt);

    __________________
    Ernecio is offline
    WhatsAnName
    Junior Member
    Join Date: Jun 2018
    Old 02-28-2021 , 08:45   Re: Charger Shove [L4D2]
    Reply With Quote #3

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ernecio View Post
    The Cvar is good, but my little tip is that you do something like this

    PHP Code:
    #pragma semicolon 1
    #pragma newdecls required

    #include <sourcemod> 
    #include <sdktools> 

    public Plugin myinfo =
    {
        
    name "Shoveable charger",
        
    author "WhatsAnName",
        
    description "simply allows charger to be shoved.",
        
    version "1.0",
        
    url ""
    };

    public 
    void OnPluginStart()
    {
        
    FindConVar"z_charger_allow_shove" ).SetInt);

    u could compile it that way and post it here for anyone who find a issue with mine and use this code instead if u like.
    WhatsAnName is offline
    Crasher_3637
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Old 02-28-2021 , 08:51   Re: Charger Shove [L4D2]
    Reply With Quote #4

    There are a lot of things wrong with your plugin.

    1. You don't have a public cvar.
    2. You are creating a cfg file for this plugin without having any content for it.
    3. You are setting the "z_charger_allow_shove" cvar in a ConVarChanged callback that is never hooked to any cvar at all.
    4. You are including the "sdktools" library when you're not even using any of its assets.
    5. This plugin just feels... unnecessary? Why would users download and install this plugin when they can just put this in their server.cfg?

    Code:
    sm_cvar z_charger_allow_shove "1"
    __________________
    AFK like JFK

    Last edited by Crasher_3637; 02-28-2021 at 08:56.
    Crasher_3637 is offline
    WhatsAnName
    Junior Member
    Join Date: Jun 2018
    Old 02-28-2021 , 14:56   Re: Charger Shove [L4D2]
    Reply With Quote #5

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
    There are a lot of things wrong with your plugin.

    1. You don't have a public cvar.
    2. You are creating a cfg file for this plugin without having any content for it.
    3. You are setting the "z_charger_allow_shove" cvar in a ConVarChanged callback that is never hooked to any cvar at all.
    4. You are including the "sdktools" library when you're not even using any of its assets.
    5. This plugin just feels... unnecessary? Why would users download and install this plugin when they can just put this in their server.cfg?

    Code:
    sm_cvar z_charger_allow_shove "1"
    maybe some people do local hosted sourcemod? (i do so it makes it easier for me this way)

    plus the code i used doesn't create any cfg file its the same for the other two plugins i been had released on here and it had no problem.

    Last edited by WhatsAnName; 02-28-2021 at 15:14.
    WhatsAnName is offline
    Shao
    Senior Member
    Join Date: Jan 2015
    Old 03-03-2021 , 14:55   Re: Charger Shove [L4D2]
    Reply With Quote #6

    The problem is, as long as you have sourcemod, it's possible to simple use sm_cvar regardless. There's unfortunately no reason to use the plugin otherwise.
    Shao is offline
    Tank Rush
    Senior Member
    Join Date: May 2019
    Location: Argentina
    Old 03-04-2021 , 21:15   Re: Charger Shove [L4D2]
    Reply With Quote #7

    I think it would be great if the boomer could not be pushed, I only say that because the boomer is fat
    __________________
    Sorry i don't speak english very well

    --->My name is Source and I'm on Steam<---
    Tank Rush is offline
    TBK Duy
    Junior Member
    Join Date: Jun 2017
    Location: Vietnam
    Old 03-05-2021 , 05:49   Re: Charger Shove [L4D2]
    Reply With Quote #8

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tank Rush View Post
    I think it would be great if the boomer could not be pushed, I only say that because the boomer is fat
    That's a great facts
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_boomer_no_stumble.sp - 50 views - 1.0 KB)
    TBK Duy is offline
    Reply


    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56.


    Powered by vBulletin®
    Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    Theme made by Freecode