Adds a command to force players to do the Thriller for a specified amount of time. This plugin uses the TF2 condition 54
which renders players immobile, and are forced to taunt until the end of the specified duration. However, condition 54
has some side-effects, which are listed below.
sm_thrillerdance_version - Does something useful.
sm_thrillerdance_humilation - Forces the losing teams to dance during the humiliation period. (def. 0) [Includes stalemate]
sm_thrillerdance_displaytimer - 0/1 - Enable or disable the display timer during the thriller. (def. 0)
The countdown will play a small sound whenever it ticks. To disable the sound use this internal command: "sv_hudhint_sound 0
" (only if you have sm_thrillerdance_displaytimer set to 1).
sm_thriller <name|#userid> [duration/s] (Slay
Example: sm_thriller SoulSharD 120 - Will send me dancing for 2 minutes.
Any values which are <= 0 will remove the Thriller.
Using this command on a player that is currently dancing will reset his countdown to the new value.
sm_dance - Same function as sm_thriller.
- Download the below 'thrillerdance.smx' file.
- Paste the 'thrillerdance.smx' file into: addons/sourcemod/plugins
- Load the plugin using your preferred methods. (Restart or command.)
- As of release: none. (I'm sure someone will correct me later.)
- The effect is automatically removed on death.
- The commands will not work during "waiting for players" This is deliberate to prevent buggy things happening when the round actually starts.
- DarthNinja - His Force Round End plugin was used to test the humiliation feature.
- The unfortunate souls in my trade server... lol...
- 28/07/14 - Initial Release.
- 28/07/14 - Added cvar: "sm_thriller_displaytimer"
As I've mention above, there are a few positive and negative effects:
The thriller music automatically plays, some may find this a good thing, but others may want to disable the music, which isn't possible. The music is also client-side, others can't hear it unless they're dancing themselves. (This also means I didn't have to precache it.)
And the worst effect, the condition also completely disables ability to access the console. This includes binds. However, fortunately chat based commands still work (! and /) Which means if you use this on yourself, you are able to remove it with "!thriller @me 0" in chat.
- 3600 = 1 hour
- 86400 = 1 day
- 604800 = 1 week
I will not be held responsible for what you do with this information. (Timer would probably die anyway...)