Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]

Post New Thread Reply   

Mystik Spiral
Old 04-24-2021 , 16:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.5 (28-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConorAB View Post
I'm having some trouble with disabling friendly fire bans for infected. I initially tried setting reverseff_infectedmaxdmg and reverseff_tankmaxdmg to 0 but that seemed to just ban people immediately. I've tried setting it to 99999 in the hopes that nobody ever hits the limit which seems to trigger less but does come up. Am I doing something wrong here? If there's a way to outright disable friendly fire for infected (damage reversal and bans) that would be best since I've seen it cause issues for the tank where they get killed by accidentally killing their team.

I've posted my config below. Thanks!

Code:
// Friendly fire settings.
// Apply reverse friendly fire damage when hitting bots.
reverseff_bot 1
// Apply reverse friendly fire damage to admins.
reverseff_admin 1
// Set the reverse friendly fire damage multiplier to 1 for incindiary and explosive damage.
reverseff_multiplier 1
// Dont ban players for inflicting friendly fire damage as infected.
reverseff_infectedmaxdmg 99999
// Dont ban players for infliecting friendly fire damage as a tank.
reverseff_tankmaxdmg 99999
Here are some of the default values...

PHP Code:
// Ban duration in minutes (0=permanent, -1=kick)
// -
// Default: "10"
reverseff_banduration "10"

// Maximum damage allowed before kick/ban survivor
// -
// Default: "200"
reverseff_survivormaxdmg "200"

// Maximum damage allowed before kick/ban infected
// -
// Default: "50"
reverseff_infectedmaxdmg "50"

// Maximum damage allowed before kick/ban tank
// -
// Default: "300"
reverseff_tankmaxdmg "300" 
Based on your description, I think you are misunderstanding the *maxdmg ConVars.

"reverseff_survivormaxdmg" is how much friendly-fire a survivor player must do in a single chapter/map before they are kicked/banned.
"reverseff_infectedmaxdmg" is how much team attack damage an infected player must do in a single chapter/map before they are kicked/banned.
"reverseff_tankmaxdmg" is how much team attack damage the tank must do in a single chapter/map before they are kicked/banned.

If you do not want to ban players at all, set "reverseff_banduration" to -1 and they will only be kicked.
If you want to permanently ban players, set "reverseff_banduration" to 0.
Otherwise set "reverseff_banduration" to the number of minutes you want the player banned.

If you do not want players kicked or banned, set each of the three *maxdmg ConVars to 999999, which means they will not be considered for kick/ban unless they do more than 999999 friendly-fire/team attack damage in a single chapter/map. Since 100 damage would incap a single player, 999999 damage would mean incapping a player 10,000 times in a single chapter/map (unless you have heavily modified damage values). And to be safe, you should also set "reverseff_banduration" to -1 to ensure the player is not banned. Of course, if a player did enough friendly-fire to incap teammates 10,000 times, I would want them off of my server permanently.

Also, make sure you are using the latest version of the plugin, v2.5.

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 04-24-2021 at 16:37.
ConorAB
Old 04-25-2021 , 16:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.5 (28-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #92

Thanks Mystik!

Your summary of the variables matches what I was going for. Essentially the idea was that if I couldn't set then to 0 to disable it, I would just set it to such a high amount of damage that it would never trigger. I've set the infected and tank max damage to "999999" as in your example and left the survivor damage as the default. I'll do some testing tonight.

Would it be possible to have a variable that disables reverse FF for the infected team - I.E. prevent friendly fire but don't reverse it or ban players? I've usually found that when players want to troll they will swap on the survivor team and kill themselves and any other players as soon as possible to inflict maximum damage to the team before getting banned, but are pretty limited in what they can do when on the infected team.

Last edited by ConorAB; 04-25-2021 at 17:01. Reason: Grammar and typos.
Mystik Spiral
Old 04-25-2021 , 23:04   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.5 (28-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConorAB View Post
Thanks Mystik!

Your summary of the variables matches what I was going for. Essentially the idea was that if I couldn't set then to 0 to disable it, I would just set it to such a high amount of damage that it would never trigger. I've set the infected and tank max damage to "999999" as in your example and left the survivor damage as the default. I'll do some testing tonight.

Would it be possible to have a variable that disables reverse FF for the infected team - I.E. prevent friendly fire but don't reverse it or ban players? I've usually found that when players want to troll they will swap on the survivor team and kill themselves and any other players as soon as possible to inflict maximum damage to the team before getting banned, but are pretty limited in what they can do when on the infected team.
I'll consider it for a future version, sure.
Old 05-10-2021 , 13:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.5 (28-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #94

There seems to be a bug when trying to kill hunter on pinned survivor.
When aiming at player hitboxes instead of hunter, it reverses all damage back.

I haven't seen anyone who mentions it, so i wonder if it's a problem on my end or could anyone confirm that it's broken on hunters?
Everything else works like a charm.

Here's a video to shows what i mean:
http://youtu.be/ZjmtyrS7E_Y
Mystik Spiral
Old 05-10-2021 , 14:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.5 (28-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litho View Post
There seems to be a bug when trying to kill hunter on pinned survivor.
When aiming at player hitboxes instead of hunter, it reverses all damage back.

I haven't seen anyone who mentions it, so i wonder if it's a problem on my end or could anyone confirm that it's broken on hunters?
Everything else works like a charm.

Here's a video to shows what i mean:
http://youtu.be/ZjmtyrS7E_Y
I have never seen that, but I'll check the code to see if I can find an issue.

FYI... I'm planning to release a new version soon, but I may wait to release it pending the results of this check (and some other testing being done). Also, can you confirm that you are using version 2.5 of the plugin (from server console, "sm plugins list").
Old 05-10-2021 , 15:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.5 (28-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #96

Yes, it is 2.5.

On older version (don't remember which one) i had the same problem along with charger and smoker, but since updating to this 2.5 version, with "Do not ReverseFF during Smoker pull or Charger carry" option, this problem no longer exists.

"Do not reverse when target is pinned by hunter" exception could make this bug disappear

For now i decided to disable this plugin even though i love it and appreciate the effort put into it, but it's just too inconsistent with hunters, dealing most of the time massive damage on expert to people for no reason.
Mystik Spiral
Old 05-10-2021 , 15:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.5 (28-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litho View Post
Yes, it is 2.5.

On older version (don't remember which one) i had the same problem along with charger and smoker, but since updating to this 2.5 version, with "Do not ReverseFF during Smoker pull or Charger carry" option, this problem no longer exists.

"Do not reverse when target is pinned by hunter" exception could make this bug disappear

For now i decided to disable this plugin even though i love it and appreciate the effort put into it, but it's just too inconsistent with hunters, dealing most of the time massive damage on expert to people for no reason.
I believe I know why this is happening, but weird no one has reported this and I have not seen it before. Regardless, I have a method in my head for how to fix this. I'll code it in soon and test to see if it fixes the issue. I'll make an announcement when I have a new version available. Thank you for reporting the issue.
Old 05-10-2021 , 17:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.5 (28-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #98

@Litho
I was unable to duplicate the issue you reported, so I suspect some other plugin or configuration might be interfering. However, I went ahead and coded a fix anyway and verified the new code runs to block damage during hunter pounce and jockey ride (almost identical to fix for smoker pull/charger carry). As soon as I have good feedback from the tester (for a different new feature), I'll release the new version.
Old 05-11-2021 , 21:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.6 (11-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #99

New version 2.6 released, see original post for download.

11-May-2021 v2.6
- Fix by pan0s for server crash when chainsaw reverse damage causes incap or death.
--- Fixed regression caused by chainsaw fix (GetEdictClassname used with weapon values < 1).
--- Added a few optimizations to the chainsaw fix.
- Fix friendly-fire triggered during hunter pounce/jockey ride if attacker shoots victim instead of hunter/jockey.
- Fix reverse friendly-fire vocalizations and messages even though the damage is reversed...
--- The victim will vocalize an accusation against the attacker.
--- The attack message displayed will show correct victim and attacker.
--- If the attacker is using explosive/incendiary ammo, the victim will not stumble/burn, but the attacker will.
--- Due to this fix, the "reverseff_self" ConVar is no longer used and needs to be removed from the cfg file.
--- Remove "reverseff_self" entry from l4d_reverse_ff.cfg or just delete the file and let the plugin recreate it.
- Allow kick/ban feature to be disabled by setting reverseff_*maxdmg to 0.
Old 05-25-2021 , 04:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.6 (11-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #100

Bro, I like your plugins.

One problem. In my server, the damage on all guns are 10x stronger than normal, take sniper as an example, the hunting sniper damage is 2500, when attacker hits teamates, he go down immediately, is there anyway to control the damage reverse? let's say 25 hp for sniper bullets and 1 hp for each SMG / Rifle / Shotgun bullets?