12% 

NextMap with Sven Co-op Fix

Post New Thread Reply   

AdamR
Old 08-05-2021 , 13:23   Re: NextMap with Sven Co-op Fix
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dany777 View Post
Well.. sorry but even with the amx_nextmap_svenfix set to 0, i tried to vote for a map from the vote menu and it still goes to the map mentioned in the chat with which one will be next.
It always goes for the 1st one you put in the mapcycle.txt (Unless amx_nextmap it's used and still using the votemap menu, still goes for the map from the amx_nextmap)
Didin't did the fix for me.
Then I'd suggest not using this plug-in at all. It's highly outdated and, apart from mapcycle randomisation, only does fixes that are already present in the game as standard. If anything this plug-in will just create conflicts with the base game.

To quote the main purpose of this plug-in I wrote 14 years ago,
Quote:
The differences are mainly to only increment the map cycle position when the map at the current position is being played, so map series do not cause maps in the cycle to get skipped.
Sven Co-op now handles all of that itself correctly as of version 5.22 (January 2020). The changes I had made to this plug-in addressing that are no longer relevant.

In addition, the game server declares CVAR mp_nextmap_cycle and populates it with the map name that the server intends to cycle to next. If this doesn't happen either because of a vote to something else, a manual "changelevel", or because of a series-link map (e.g. svencoop1 to svencoop2), then the mp_nextmap_cycle value will not advance to the next entry in the cycle. Also the value of this variable is mirrored to all players periodically (typically when connecting and respawning) so the game client can show this on the scoreboard.

--

As of 19th August 2021 this plug-in is now out of the current/approved plug-in list.
(Thanks for moving this asherkin.)

Adam Reece - Sven Co-op team.

Last edited by AdamR; 08-19-2021 at 13:07. Reason: Old plugin
Send a message via Skype™ to AdamR
dany777
Old 08-05-2021 , 18:01   Re: NextMap with Sven Co-op Fix
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
Then I'd suggest not using this plug-in at all. It's highly outdated and, apart from mapcycle randomisation, only does fixes that are already present in the game as standard. If anything this plug-in will just create conflicts with the base game.

To quote the main purpose of this plug-in I wrote 14 years ago,

Sven Co-op now handles all of that itself correctly as of version 5.22 (January 2020). The changes I had made to this plug-in addressing that are no longer relevant.

In addition, the game server declares CVAR mp_nextmap_cycle and populates it with the map name that the server intends to cycle to next. If this doesn't happen either because of a vote to something else, a manual "changelevel", or because of a series-link map (e.g. svencoop1 to svencoop2), then the mp_nextmap_cycle value will not advance to the next entry in the cycle. Also the value of this variable is mirrored to all players periodically (typically when connecting and respawning) so the game client can show this on the scoreboard.
Oh woow, i never knew about that CVAR.
Then i disabled your plugin and i tried that mp_nextmap_cycle command.. it works like a charm.
Well.. i guess this means that ill have to replace "amx"nextmap" from my config maps to "mp_nextmap_cycle"
Thanks alot for telling me about that command!
Send a message via Skype™ to dany777