Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

A real all in one Source Mod plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

CorDorMick
Old 10-09-2004 , 01:22   A real all in one Source Mod plugin
Reply With Quote #1

Take 200 or so of the best top plugins make them into one where we tag or untag what we want for the mod we run.This is so so bad having to spend hundreds of hours looking for plugins installing dif adminmods,dif amx,dif amxx,dif amxmodx,dif metamods then plugins.

It is almost 2005 maybe we can get a real all-in one real Source Mod
I understand makeing a patch each time some one comes out with an error or up grade it is like a cat and mouse game of of whom has the newest out. Hmm maybe make a stander that everyone has to comply with when they write a plugin .

I do not know may be I am all wet behind the ears. I am complaing of a few hundred hours looking and forgetting the thousands of hours that has gone into codeing, that I am gateful for any how I vote for a all-
in one real Souce Mod plugin.
Send a message via AIM to CorDorMick
Votorx
Old 10-09-2004 , 02:44  
Reply With Quote #2

So what your trying to say is, along with actually studying, understanding, modifying, coding, creating and distributing the source mod along with bug checks, debuggers, beta testing and weekly updates, you want the mod team to study modify and port hundreds of other plugins including organizing and including those plugins within the actual base program, probably causing memory to sky rockect because you don't want to take the time to do the one or 2 that you want, yourself?
Send a message via AIM to Votorx Send a message via MSN to Votorx Send a message via Yahoo to Votorx
Slinky
Old 10-09-2004 , 03:15  
Reply With Quote #3

ya dude like 200 plugins would like mostly crash that server fast it very rare that ull be able to put 200 plugins on a server and expect them to all work nicly together
Old 10-09-2004 , 03:16  
Reply With Quote #4

This really is a bad idea. The entire purpose of plugins in the admin mods was the fact that there is variety in servers. otherwise why would anyone want to play on yours if you have the same as the other 6000 CS servers and I'm sure 6000 CS:S servers soon too. Also the cleaner and leaner that source mod comes out means the less of a chance that the admin utility itself will be buggy. when you start adding default plugins then you start adding more code for the maintainers to have to maintain. I think sourcemod should come out almost naked except for the dynamic menu front end and very very basic admin plugins like kick and ban and tag protect. Then if you want to add the silly voice plugin or teleport plugin then you get a third party plugin and install it yourself. That makes sure sourcemod is as clean and as FAST as possible out of the box. I do agree there should be some standard for plugin writers to try and live by because I've seen some really hacked up plugins, but maybe there should be a approval team who looks over the code and comments on it and runs test servers to make sure the plugins work correctly before letting them be submitted. But then you would need a new division for the project for a plugin review director and plugin testers. *cough cough* *whistle* *points at himself*