Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

FF2 [Boss] Freddy Krueger

Post New Thread Reply   

RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2012 , 22:39   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #21

omg i don't beleave in what i am seeing here there is not one wrong thing with the freddy i made. all i saw someone wanted a better looking one to look more like the real freddy. i did not make any changes of the script for it lol. just like i made a ass_pancakes model because it did not come with one and for the most of it i've heard alot of good things so far on the 2 i have done now. this is about the plugin not the models because i got most of the models on my server and when i went back to 1.04 the crashing stop all together for everyone. so i'm not sure what else to say but to use 1.04 .
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2012 , 23:12   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #22

RavensBro, your version of Freddy is awesome.. Im just saying I see clients crash with either old or new freddy with 105a, so I went back to 104 and its fine. I dont think its your model ... again, your Freddy work is awesome! and asspancakes is a riot also! thanks for your hard work on those!

Hey, idea for a new boss... Chucky????? http://horror-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Chucky and maybe Michael Jackson w/ exagerated white face like on south park ... lol ?
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2012 , 15:10   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Honestly, I'm not really seeing any client-facing changes between 1.04 and 1.06, other than the attributes fix... and we already know that changing all the other attributes so they conform exactly doesn't fix the problem.

Now, if what war100ck says is true and Freddy works fine if you put his files in a different directory, it implies something funky is going on in the boss parser itself, but I honestly couldn't tell you what.

On an unrelated note, this code appears in several places:
PHP Code:
EmitSoundToAllExcept(SOUNDEXCEPT_VOICE,s__SNDLEVEL_TRAFFICSND_NOFLAGSSNDVOL_NORMAL100Boss[0], _NULL_VECTORfalse0.0);
EmitSoundToAllExcept(SOUNDEXCEPT_VOICE,s,__SNDLEVEL_TRAFFICSND_NOFLAGSSNDVOL_NORMAL100Boss[0], _NULL_VECTORfalse0.0); 
...which is the same function call made twice in a row but with a space between the third argument in the first call and not the second (this make no functional difference). I assume this is a bug and could cause issues on the client as it tries to play the same sound to them twice.

Edit: It does occur to me that, unless you're using my version of 1.04, freddy's attributes will be parsed incorrectly in 1.04, but parsed correctly in 1.06. Whether that causes the client crash or not I can't say; attribute 137 (dmg bonus vs buildings) set to 17 will cause it to do 1700% damage to buildings and that percent may be beyond the range that the TF2 client understands for this attribute.
He plays it twice to increase its volume on the client. As far as I can tell, modifying the sound volume parameter did not work correctly, but I believe the sound level one does.

To everyone else, I strongly suggest that whenever you have a filepath in a config file or elsewhere (e.g. "sound\freakfortress\name\sound.mp3") that you use '/' slashes, not '\'. The reason for this is the probability that something will go wrong and detect, for instance, the '\n' in name as a special newline character. I believe Eggman does NOT sanitize the strings when he reads them, so.... yeah. It's also a good convention to keep up.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.