Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Sourcemod and HL2MP can menus be made to work?

Post New Thread Reply   

Kingsize82
Old 07-07-2020 , 07:43   Sourcemod and HL2MP can menus be made to work?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello community

Firstly my apologizes if this topic has all ready been covered some where ( I'd be surprised if it has not) but I really can't fined an answer with my poor googling skills!

So I've just installed a HL2MP server and have also managed to install metamod and sourcemod.
All looks good from the console E.g. meta list shows both add-ons present.

] meta list
[01] SourceMod (1.10.0.6490) by AlliedModders LLC
[02] SDK Tools (1.10.0.6490) by AlliedModders LLC

My problem is that the menu's just wont show. After trying to find the answer I found the bellow two posts that suggest this I due to valve changing a command default because of a security variability.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/320/d...0682464415743/
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=325551

Could any one please confirm that this is the case and if so is there away around it?
If the answer is to do with the command cl_showpluginmessages could some one please give me a little instruction of how and where to use it? E.g. Dose the command get added to a cfg some where or dose it need running on both client and server once running.

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
TomL.
Veteran Member
Old 07-07-2020 , 09:50   Re: Sourcemod and HL2MP can menus be made to work?
Reply With Quote #2

You don't need the menu to execute the commands but it might be more convinced for you.
I can't really recommend to use cl_showpluginmessages but if you want to use it anyways just type it into your client console.

Code:
cl_showpluginmessages 1

Last edited by TomL.; 07-07-2020 at 15:35.
Kingsize82
Old 07-07-2020 , 13:45   Re: Sourcemod and HL2MP can menus be made to work?
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for you answer TomL.

I get why you can't recommend the change and your right its a convenience thing.
Convenient for me as I have enough trouble remembering spellings of words let alone remembering commands

The server is not really open to the general public but rather a few close friends.

Sadly adding cl_showpluginmessages 1 to my server.cfg has made no change and sourcemod menus are still not working. Dose not seem to make any change when typed into server console either.

Looks like I'll just have to make my self a notepad with some of the most used commands jotted down
TomL.
Veteran Member
Old 07-07-2020 , 15:37   Re: Sourcemod and HL2MP can menus be made to work?
Reply With Quote #4

Sorry for the confusion...
It's a client sided (cl = client, sv = server) command and you need to type it into your client console or add it to your autoexec/launch options.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-07-2020 , 16:08   Re: Sourcemod and HL2MP can menus be made to work?
Reply With Quote #5

I bind numpad keys to various commands and use the keyboards main up/down/left/right arrow keys (not the ones on numpad) to select different configs with a whole new keybind set for the numpad. That's 40 commands in 1 place, more if you want to include other numpad keys or more configs.

I guess menus should work though, follow what TomL said. If menu buttons dont trigger make sure your number keys 0-9 are bound 0="slot10", 1="slot1" etc (I've seen some people who lost their keybinds and couldnt press any buttons on menus).
Old 07-07-2020 , 16:16   Re: Sourcemod and HL2MP can menus be made to work?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I bind numpad keys to various commands and use the keyboards main up/down/left/right arrow keys (not the ones on numpad) to select different configs with a whole new keybind set for the numpad. That's 40 commands in 1 place, more if you want to include other numpad keys or more configs.

I guess menus should work though, follow what TomL said. If menu buttons dont trigger make sure your number keys 0-9 are bound 0="slot10", 1="slot1" etc (I've seen some people who lost their keybinds and couldnt press any buttons on menus).
In Half-Life 2: Deathmatch the admin menu is displayed in the main menu, not as display popup like in L4D/TF2/CSGO, so you access it by pressing ESC and select the options with your mouse.

Last edited by TomL.; 07-07-2020 at 16:20.
andi67
Veteran Member
Old 07-07-2020 , 16:30   Re: Sourcemod and HL2MP can menus be made to work?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
server.cfg
Don't add it to server.cfg, you have to set it in your config.cfg located in your clientgamedirectory.....