Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-19-2015 , 17:00   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #861

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzace View Post
Is that even working with sourcemod 1.7 ? Cause I have 2 serves. in in sourcemod 1.6 and its working fine and my new 1v1 server with sourcemod 1.7 that its not working .it works but doesnt detect the map. I do the same as I did on my sroucemod 1.6 server. I change all my mapcycle. mapfile or whatever. the csgo.txt and everythnig ,but it's not working. @Powerlord
I have no reason to suspect it won't work in SM 1.7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_addict View Post
Is there anyway to reconfigure vote option 2 and 3? The part where "please choose wisely" and stuffs into a map choice.
These options are controlled by the translation phrases "Line One" and "Line Two" (such original names, I know).

Incidentally, their positions change depending on whether you have No Vote enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupted_Hunter View Post
I'm having a problem where the maps are not changing when the time limit is over. All my maps are custom TF2 maps. I have the time limit in my server.cfg set to 10 minutes (for testing purposes) and for the vote to start 5 minutes before the time runs out. But when I restart the server, the map vote pops up during the 'waiting for players' time and it doesn't change the map when the time gets to 0:00
It's weird that the vote is popping up that early. I'm not sure what would cause that.

As for vote timing, most TF2 game modes don't end the map when time runs out and will instead wait for the current round to complete.

Game modes that change maps (or enter Sudden Death) when time runs out: CTF, 5CP

Game modes that ignore the clock completely and just play until the last round ends: MvM

Arena changes maps if no time is left on the clock when the round ends.

All other maps change maps if 5 minutes or less is left on the clock when the round ends.

Payload race is special as it checks the time left at the end of every round even if it isn't the last round. Normal Payload and A/D CP will not change the map if it's a multi-stage map and the round end is BLU winning a stage other than the last.

Badly configured 5CP maps can be forced to end at the timelimit using the cvar setting mp_match_end_at_timelimit 1 . I'm not sure how this affects other game modes.

Last edited by Powerlord; 02-19-2015 at 17:00.
Disrupted_Hunter
Old 02-19-2015 , 17:49   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post

It's weird that the vote is popping up that early. I'm not sure what would cause that.

As for vote timing, most TF2 game modes don't end the map when time runs out and will instead wait for the current round to complete.

Game modes that change maps (or enter Sudden Death) when time runs out: CTF, 5CP

Game modes that ignore the clock completely and just play until the last round ends: MvM

Arena changes maps if no time is left on the clock when the round ends.

All other maps change maps if 5 minutes or less is left on the clock when the round ends.

Payload race is special as it checks the time left at the end of every round even if it isn't the last round. Normal Payload and A/D CP will not change the map if it's a multi-stage map and the round end is BLU winning a stage other than the last.

Badly configured 5CP maps can be forced to end at the timelimit using the cvar setting mp_match_end_at_timelimit 1 . I'm not sure how this affects other game modes.
Is there a way to end the round forcefully? My maps are custom trade/idle maps, so there are no objectives at all. I just need something to force them to change after the mp_timelimit ends, no matter what anyone is doing
neploho
Old 02-22-2015 , 16:33   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #863

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzace View Post
Is that even working with sourcemod 1.7 ?
The same problem. Does not work on sourcemod 1.7.0.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-23-2015 , 12:09   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #864

Question for people who are having issues with MapChooser Extended under SM 1.7:

Are these all CS:GO servers, or are other games also having issues?

On a side note, MapChooser Extended Sounds will no longer compile under SM 1.7 unless you change one of the variable names (the old name is now a reserved word). So, I did that and dubbed the new version 1.10.3.

Incidentally, I should ditch the 1.x scheme and move to 2.x at some point.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (mapchooser_extended_sounds.sp - 86 views - 18.3 KB)
File Type: smx mapchooser_extended_sounds.smx (11.6 KB, 101 views)
Old 02-23-2015 , 14:17   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #865

i have running plugin version 1.9.3 with sm1.7.0 with mm 1.10.3-dev

CS:GO Server

running just fine
CS:GO Server: 88.198.13.105:27015 -[LG]- Lunatic Gophers - Muppetshow - www.lg-clan.de Public TS3 Server: lg-clan.com

St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2015 , 11:05   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupted_Hunter View Post
Is there a way to end the round forcefully? My maps are custom trade/idle maps, so there are no objectives at all. I just need something to force them to change after the mp_timelimit ends, no matter what anyone is doing
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=734701
mambo998
Old 02-27-2015 , 13:10   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #867

how can I add maps that are not in mapcyclefile, into nominations? I tried tweaking the maplists.cfg but that didnt work
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-27-2015 , 16:45   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #868

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambo998 View Post
how can I add maps that are not in mapcyclefile, into nominations? I tried tweaking the maplists.cfg but that didnt work
That should have worked.

Having said that, make sure that if you change the nominations section of maplists.cfg that you change "target" to "file".
Old 02-28-2015 , 19:46   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #869

I have a problem with my TF2 server: sometimes the plugin runs a vote right before the round ends, and the server changes map too soon before the vote ends to whatever map was previously chosen by randomcycle.

Is there any way to fix this? I have mce_starttime set to 5.0, is it too low? Does it have anything to do with randomcycle?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2015 , 11:54   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #870

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakugo View Post
I have a problem with my TF2 server: sometimes the plugin runs a vote right before the round ends, and the server changes map too soon before the vote ends to whatever map was previously chosen by randomcycle.

Is there any way to fix this? I have mce_starttime set to 5.0, is it too low? Does it have anything to do with randomcycle?
5.0 is too low for TF2 unless this is Arena mode.

This is because TF2 will change maps if less than 5 minutes are left on the clock when a round ends unless BLU just won one of the earlier stages in a multi-stage map (or Arena/MvM, Arena requires 0 minutes on the clock while MvM ignores the clock completely).

Generally, you'll want at least 7 minutes if you have the warning timer and runoff votes enabled.

(Sorry about taking so long to respond, I was busy working on something when I initially saw this then totally forgot about it)

Last edited by Powerlord; 03-03-2015 at 12:01.