Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games

Post New Thread Reply   

unidox
Old 07-06-2010 , 14:56   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #21

Instead of having a time limit for each roll / effect, can you make it so we can set it to per round, then only one person can roll once per round, and the effect lasts the whole round.
Suicidebrazil
Old 07-10-2010 , 13:08   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #22

IM installed this plugin my server hl2dm not load

error [SM] Plugin psyrtd.smx failed to load: Native "GetURandomFloat" was not found.

why?

need help
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-10-2010 , 13:18   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidebrazil View Post
IM installed this plugin my server hl2dm not load

error [SM] Plugin psyrtd.smx failed to load: Native "GetURandomFloat" was not found.

why?

need help
SM 1.3.0 or higher is required.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2010 , 18:07   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #24

Is there a cvar to disable rtd completely? I only want to have rtd running during special events, while having the other server that runs from the same Sourcemod install run a normal game.

I could do that with the old rtd plugin, no problem.

Edit: I see there is a psyrtd_enabled cvar in the generated documentation. I'm surprised it's not mentioned here, though.

Edit 2: Unfortunately, this really isn't useful as the plugin ignores it if I set psyrtd_enabled 1 in the main server.cfg.

Edit 3: I take that back, I can comment it out in the plugin config file and control it in each of my server configs. Not exactly ideal, but it works. Both commenting out the plugin config's copy of psyrtd_enabled and setting psyrtd_enabled 0 in autoexec.cfg does NOT work, as it still gets set to the default of 1.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-10-2010 at 18:56.
FredJed223
Old 07-18-2010 , 19:59   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #25

Thanks for this great plugin.

I am having 2 minor issues with this.

1.) It keeps telling me I have to wait 120 seconds, and if it hit it again it appears to reset the counter. Even though I have that cvar off.

2,) Jarate does not work.

Other than that working great!
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-18-2010 , 21:25   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredJed223 View Post
1.) It keeps telling me I have to wait 120 seconds, and if it hit it again it appears to reset the counter. Even though I have that cvar off.
It displays the full wait time (not just the time left) by design. However, in hindsight, I agree with you. It would make more sense to agree the time left to wait so I may change this.

What do you have the following three cvars set to in cfg\psyrtd.cfg?
psyrtd_waittime
psyrtd_waitmode
psyrtd_waitpenalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredJed223 View Post
2,) Jarate does not work.
This actually broke in SM after the engineer update. I didn't know about it until today. I will workaround it soon.
FredJed223
Old 07-19-2010 , 23:22   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
It displays the full wait time (not just the time left) by design. However, in hindsight, I agree with you. It would make more sense to agree the time left to wait so I may change this.

What do you have the following three cvars set to in cfg\psyrtd.cfg?
psyrtd_waittime
psyrtd_waitmode
psyrtd_waitpenalty

This actually broke in SM after the engineer update. I didn't know about it until today. I will workaround it soon.

Here is my cfg.

Code:
// This file was auto-generated by SourceMod (v1.4.0-dev)
// ConVars for plugin "psyrtd.smx"

// Admin flag required to be able to use rtd (ex. "b") Default "" (none)
// -
// Default: ""
psyrtd_adminflag ""

// Allow wasted rolls (no auto re-roll when rolling effect not applicable to current class/team)
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
psyrtd_allowunusable "0"

// Enable or disable psyRTD
// -
// Default: "1"
psyrtd_enabled "1"

// Decimal chance to roll a good effect versus a bad effect (between 0.0 and 1.0, default 0.5)
// -
// Default: "0.5"
psyrtd_goodchance "0.5"

// RTD Controller
// -
// Default: "1.0"
psyrtd_version "1.0"

// Wait Mode. 0 (default) - Applies to whole server. 1 - Applies to each player individually.
// -
psyrtd_waitmode "1"

// Reset wait timer if rtd is called again too soon. 0 (default) - Disabled. 1 - Enabled. Not recommended for wait mode 0.
// -
psyrtd_waitpenalty "0"

// Time that must be waited between subsequent dice rolls (in seconds)
// -
// Default: "120"
psyrtd_waittime "120"
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-20-2010 , 11:49   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #28

Updated the core just now.
Fixed a bug with coloring on the roll message and added time left on the wait message.

The TF2 module has also been compiled against a TF2 inc change to fix the jarate issue.
If compiling yourself, you need one of these snapshots or higher:
1.3.5-hg3018 or 1.4.0-hg3087

Additionally, a minor bug was fixed in the generic effects module which should resolve an error when rolling godmode.

@FredJed223
It wasn't actually resetting the time unless a message displayed saying that it was. If that didn't occur, it was all in the player's head ^^. If that is what occurred, let me know. Either way, adding the time left to the wait message should help avoid confusion.

Last edited by psychonic; 07-20-2010 at 13:58.
FredJed223
Old 07-20-2010 , 17:05   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Updated the core just now.
Fixed a bug with coloring on the roll message and added time left on the wait message.

The TF2 module has also been compiled against a TF2 inc change to fix the jarate issue.
If compiling yourself, you need one of these snapshots or higher:
1.3.5-hg3018 or 1.4.0-hg3087

Additionally, a minor bug was fixed in the generic effects module which should resolve an error when rolling godmode.

@FredJed223
It wasn't actually resetting the time unless a message displayed saying that it was. If that didn't occur, it was all in the player's head ^^. If that is what occurred, let me know. Either way, adding the time left to the wait message should help avoid confusion.
You the man. Testing now, will report back.

EDIT: All is working properly now. Thank you.

I have one request. Can you add a countdown timer to the effects, and possibly make it a hint chat message. That the player with the effect sees.

Thanks again.

Last edited by FredJed223; 07-20-2010 at 17:17.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2010 , 18:51   Re: psyRTD - An RTD (Roll the Dice) Core with Modules for All Games
Reply With Quote #30

I haven't tested this with the new version, but I noticed that, even if psyrtd_enabled was set to 0, typing "!rtd" (but not "rtd") without the quotes would still allow people to roll the dice.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-06-2010 at 18:56.