Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] RageMeter

Post New Thread Reply   

madcap
Old 09-01-2009 , 14:37   Re: [L4D] RageMeter
Reply With Quote #11

Could you add the option to only display to players who have an admin level?
JenovaDarkness
Old 09-02-2009 , 03:26   Re: [L4D] RageMeter
Reply With Quote #12

Just released 1.0.0i. Please update and let me know how it works.
JenovaDarkness
Old 09-02-2009 , 03:29   Re: [L4D] RageMeter
Reply With Quote #13

An option for just the chat output, chat command, or anything that gets output(including sound)?

I need to know if you want it completely hidden, certain features hidden, or completely configurable.
m4ster
Old 09-02-2009 , 09:48   Re: [L4D] RageMeter
Reply With Quote #14

Its couting players what was disconnected becouse they was AFK.
Its couting players what was disconnected becosue they have to sleep.
Its couting players what was disconnected becouse they dont wanted to join your server
Its couting players what was disconnected becouse they think your server with mods, lasers and other shits just suck.

etc.

It doesnt count ragequits only.

Last edited by m4ster; 09-02-2009 at 09:50.
madcap
Old 09-02-2009 , 11:51   Re: [L4D] RageMeter
Reply With Quote #15

Everyone knows you can't actually count rage quits and even the idea of doing so is stupid... Anyone who takes rage quits seriously has issues.

But that doesn't stop people from making a big deal about it so here is a plugin for those people. If you don't like it don't run it. But don't act like we're all delusional and think we're actually doing accurate scientific sampling and determining who actually has "rage" and who just needs to go eat dinner. It doesn't really matter.
kiwi87
Old 09-02-2009 , 13:35   Re: [L4D] RageMeter
Reply With Quote #16

Hey there, i'm hosting L4D with Garena and my listen server is using this plugin. However, the sounds aren't playing despite the files being present.

All I did was place the .smx into plugins then config the .cfg once it was generated. Did i miss a step to enable sound?
JenovaDarkness
Old 09-02-2009 , 15:19   Re: [L4D] RageMeter
Reply With Quote #17

Updated to 1.0.0j. Fixed sound issues (hopefully not introducing more) and silly CloseHandle errors on my part.
JenovaDarkness
Old 09-02-2009 , 15:22   Re: [L4D] RageMeter
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi87 View Post
Hey there, i'm hosting L4D with Garena and my listen server is using this plugin. However, the sounds aren't playing despite the files being present.

All I did was place the .smx into plugins then config the .cfg once it was generated. Did i miss a step to enable sound?
There was a problem with 1.0.0i where it was only precaching the first sound...please try 1.0.0j(its up there now), delete the config file and let it recreate. Make sure the default sounds work.

If you are trying to use custom sounds that don't exist inside a normal l4d client that won't work...I don't think anyone has gotten around the current sound protection (or just how l4d determines whether or not a sound should be playable) so that they can use custom sounds.
JenovaDarkness
Old 09-02-2009 , 15:48   Re: [L4D] RageMeter
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ster View Post
Its couting players what was disconnected becouse they was AFK.
Its couting players what was disconnected becosue they have to sleep.
Its couting players what was disconnected becouse they dont wanted to join your server
Its couting players what was disconnected becouse they think your server with mods, lasers and other shits just suck.

etc.

It doesnt count ragequits only.

I've tried in as many places as possible to say quits instead of rage quits. In regards to AFK...if you're kicked that doesn't count as a quit. Also, players can leave inbetween rounds and it doesn't count(by default at least). Maybe I should advertise that in game, but I think people would rather have fun with the fact that when players leave unannounced during a round they get counted as quitters. Unless you think people are going to give you a hard time over quitting during a game I don't see why you should get upset about it.
JenovaDarkness
Old 09-03-2009 , 12:40   Re: [L4D] RageMeter
Reply With Quote #20

It looks like the change in kick sound may mean that you won't hear anything if the Zoey character is dead. If anyone notices can they please confirm?