Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:S/?] Surfing v2.3.0 (Updated: 8/27/12)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Plugin that provides various settings geared for Surf/Slide maps.
    Old 10-25-2010 , 16:46   [CS:S/?] Surfing v2.3.0 (Updated: 8/27/12)
    Reply With Quote #1

Information:
    • This plugin is no longer an all-in-one behemoth for all Surfing needs. Instead, it provides several core features and settings that any Surf or Slide server can benefit from.
    Features:
    • Support for selectively enabling only on surf/slide/<your prefix here> maps, on all maps, or disabled until an administrator enables it.
    • Support for stripping the map of any/all buyzones and/or objectives.
    • Support to prevent players from suiciding via "kill" and "explode" console commands.
    • Support for enabling/disabling all radio commands.
    • Support for keeping a specified sv_airaccelerate value regardless of what the server, admin, or map attempts to change it to.
    • Support for keeping sv_enablebunnyhopping enabled regardless of what the server, admin, or map attempts to change it to.
    • Support for spawning players with x amount of cash every spawn.
    • Support for defining your own triggers to access the recall/slow/boost features.
    Commands & ConVars:
    • Recall:
      • Usage: Teleports a user back to their spawning position, if enabled.
      • sm_surfing_teleport: Determines teleport command functionality. (-1 = Enabled on All, 0 = Disabled, 1 = Enabled on Surf/Slide)
      • sm_surfing_teleport_recovery: The number of seconds a player must wait before being able to use sm_recall again.
      • sm_surfing_teleport_count: The number of sm_recall usages players will receive upon spawn. (0 = Unlimited)
      • sm_surfing_teleport_delay: If greater than 0, the delay in seconds between sm_recall usage and receiving the teleport to spawn.
      • sm_surfing_teleport_cancel: If greater than 0, the maximum distance a player can travel before sm_recall cancels, should sm_surfing_teleport_delay be greater than 0.
    • Boost
      • Usage: Boosts a user in their viewing direction, if enabled.
      • sm_surfing_boost: Determines boost command functionality. (-1 = Enabled on All, 0 = Disabled, 1 = Enabled on Surf/Slide)
      • sm_surfing_boost_recovery: The number of seconds a player must wait before being able to use sm_boost again.
      • sm_surfing_boost_power: The overall strength behind the sm_boost command. The larger the #, the stronger the effect.
      • sm_surfing_boost_count: The number of sm_boost usages players will receive upon spawn. (0 = Unlimited)
      • sm_surfing_boost_delay: If greater than 0, the delay in seconds between sm_boost usage and receiving the boost effect.
      • sm_surfing_boost_cancel: If greater than 0, the maximum distance a player can travel before sm_boost cancels, should sm_surfing_boost_delay be greater than 0.
    • Slow
      • Usage: If enabled, allows users to temporarily decrease their velocity, using Lagged Movement, which proves quite useful in various skill-based maps and precision aiming.
      • sm_surfing_slow: Determines slow command functionality. (-1 = Enabled on All, 0 = Disabled, 1 = Enabled on Surf/Slide)
      • sm_surfing_slow_recovery: The number of seconds a player must wait before being able to use sm_slow again.
      • sm_surfing_slow_percent: The percent value to decrease a player's speed by. A percent of 33 will result in players going 66% of their normal speed while slowed.
      • sm_surfing_slow_duration: The number of seconds a player will be slowed for before returning to normal speed.
      • sm_surfing_slow_count: The number of sm_slow usages players will receive upon spawn. (0 = Unlimited)
    Non-Command ConVars:
    • sm_surfing_enable: Determines plugin functionality. (-1 = Enabled on All, 0 = Disabled, 1 = Enabled on Surf/Slide)
    • sm_surfing_strip: Determines stripping functionality. (-1 = Strip Buyzones/Objectives, 0 = Disabled, 1 = Strip Buyzones, 2 = Strip Objectives)
    • sm_surfing_block_suicide: If enabled, players will be unable to kill themselves via kill/explode.
    • sm_surfing_block_radio: If enabled, player will not be able to issue any radio commands.
    • sm_surfing_air_accelerate: If greater than 0, sv_airaccelerate is always forced to this value.
    • sm_surfing_bunny_hopping: If enabled, sv_enablebunnyhopping will be forced on.
    • sm_surfing_spawn_cash: The amount of cash players will receive every time they spawn. (-1 = Disabled)
    • sm_surfing_commands_tele: The commands that can be used to access the Teleport feature, if enabled.
    • sm_surfing_commands_boost: The commands that can be used to access the Boost feature, if enabled.
    • sm_surfing_commands_slow: The commands that can be used to access Slow feature, if enabled.
    • sm_surfing_fall_damage: Determines how the plugin will handle players' falling damage. (0 = No Change, 1 = Protect From Non-Fatal Only, 2 = Protect From All)
    Installation:
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_surfing.sp - 2016 views - 36.1 KB)
    File Type: txt sm_surfing.phrases.txt (4.0 KB, 2813 views)
    File Type: smx sm_surfing.smx (16.8 KB, 2929 views)

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 08-27-2012 at 11:53.
    sinblaster
    Grim Reaper
    Old 10-25-2010 , 18:40   Re: [CS:S] Surfing Config
    Reply With Quote #2

Nice Panda, this inspires me to also get back into a new surf server. Ill get around to it hopefully in the next week. Much appreciated

bobbobagan
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 10-26-2010 , 13:33   Re: [CS:S] Surfing Config
    Reply With Quote #3

Request: Add some kind of speedometer And the possibility of adding start/finish points to a map so you can have timers? The 2nd thing could come later though I guess, since that is kind of more a big job. But it would be cool to have an all-in-one surf plugin
    Good Little Panda
    Old 10-26-2010 , 13:46   Re: [CS:S] Surfing Config
    Reply With Quote #4

Both would likely be separate plugins, due to the fact the first one would likely require OnGameFrame, and the second one would be a fairly sized project.

*Edit: The speedometer will be possible, it will be included in a future update.*

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 10-26-2010 at 13:52.
    thetwistedpanda
    Good Little Panda
    Old 10-27-2010 , 17:50   Re: [CS:S] Surfing Config
    Reply With Quote #5

It wasn't possible to put the Surfing Speedometer into the main surfing script, but I wrote one specifically for surfing with several features. See here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...64#post1335264

Updated plugin to v2.2.0

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 10-27-2010 at 18:47.
    sinblaster
    Grim Reaper
    Old 10-28-2010 , 13:32   Re: [CS:S] Surfing Config
    Reply With Quote #6

hey panda I started configuring my server for surf with this plugin, its been 6 years since I ran a surf server, all the maps I have either crash or are crap (its not your mod) What maps do you use? Sorry that this is a little off topic

thetwistedpanda
    Good Little Panda
    Old 10-28-2010 , 13:53   Re: [CS:S] Surfing Config
    Reply With Quote #7

Maps? I downloaded ~100ish off of FPSBanana after sorting them based on # of downloads. It came out to be around ~30 skill maps, ~60 surf/kill maps, and ~10 slide maps. I guess I could PM you the rotation I use if you want, it's just something I threw together when I started the server.
    Old 10-29-2010 , 02:09   Re: [CS:S] Surfing Config
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
    Maps? I downloaded ~100ish off of FPSBanana after sorting them based on # of downloads. It came out to be around ~30 skill maps, ~60 surf/kill maps, and ~10 slide maps. I guess I could PM you the rotation I use if you want, it's just something I threw together when I started the server.
    very much appreciated there Panda, you're so ... black and white and fluffy and all cuddly like.

FPS Banana is evil I'll find them somewhere. Thanks very much for the PM.

thetwistedpanda
    Good Little Panda
    Old 10-29-2010 , 02:18   Re: [CS:S] Surfing Config
    Reply With Quote #9

I'd let you download them from my web server, but it seems to have had a nasty spat with a group called Devr-i Mefsedet and I'm still waiting on the host to reset all the data back to working order >.<.
    Old 11-06-2010 , 22:50   Re: [CS:S] Surfing Config
    Reply With Quote #10

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=97101

Just a thought but my gaming community put our surf rpg dm server back up and adding a similar feature to this plugin as what I linked to above might be a good idea.

I say this cause some surf maps have weapon dispensers and lately Ive been getting people just sitting there and spam weapons on the ground which lags the server and eventually ends up crashing it.