Doesn't work for AMXX 1.8.1!!!
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 12-28-2008 , 14:26   Re: Plugin Autoloader v1.0
Reply With Quote #12

Yes it does.
Old 01-11-2009 , 11:43   Re: Plugin Autoloader v1.0
Reply With Quote #13

I personally think this plugin would be a VERY helpful tool for server owners, especially those that are in a large clan with an insane number of servers in their arsenal. Take me for example:

Our clan is a large CZ clan (50+ members). We have a total of 12 dedicated servers of varied sizes owned and operated by myself and two other clan leaders. The three of us are CONSTANTLY coming up with new ideas for server mods to add when we get a new server or to replace ones that start to get less and less average traffic.

With this plugin, testing new ideas almost in realtime is possible because as long as you are using a plugin's default cvars (or editing the defaults in the sma before compiling to custom tailor them to your needs) you can stay connected to the dedicated server with your client, minimize the game for a quick moment to FTP upload the plugin file to your plugins directory, go back to the game, give the server a quick map change and voila!!!, you are already testing the new plugin to see if does what you need it to do for the mod you are creating.

I do wonder though if it could be possible to have it parse the plugins from a separate folder than the amxmodx/plugins directory.. or maybe from a sub of that directory? This would certainly be a nice feature to have because I personally like to keep a large collection of old and new plugins in my servers' plugins folders... and I might not want every ONE of those active at once. With a subdirectory, I could just drag and drop two and from that folder quickly, especially if I had a lot of plugins that I wanted to test individually or in small combinations.
Minsta
Old 02-03-2009 , 20:30   Re: Plugin Autoloader v1.0
Reply With Quote #14

Very nice plugin Hawk.

So I'm simply concluding... This plugin "automatically" activates all the plugins in the plugin folder without the need of ever touching the plugins.ini file.

Right?

Or do you still have to add the autoloader plugin into the plugins.ini file and thats all...?

Also, another question.

What do you do if you have a plugin called the Admin Slash, where it replaces the "/" in say to "amx_" in the console for faster execution of commands in-game.
It is required to be listed at the bottom of your plugins list.
Old 02-03-2009, 21:09
Hawk552
This message has been deleted by Hawk552.
Minsta
Old 02-03-2009 , 21:21   Re: Plugin Autoloader v1.0
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk552 View Post
You still have to add the autoloader to plugins.ini. It'll do the rest, though.

I don't know, why would you ask this here...
Um, because this is related with the plugins.ini file and the Autoloader is DIRECTLY related with the plugins.ini file...

The question was, if I can just write down, for instance, "adminslash.amxx" in the plugins.ini file and not affect the Autoloader... Or if I should put the "adminslash.amxx", which is required to be the last plugin listed in the "ini" file, in the "autoloader.ini" file as the last ...

wait, but it's automatic!

(See what I am trying to say?)

Last edited by Minsta; 02-03-2009 at 21:22. Reason: Grammar
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-03-2009 , 21:42   Re: Plugin Autoloader v1.0
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsta View Post
Um, because this is related with the plugins.ini file and the Autoloader is DIRECTLY related with the plugins.ini file...

The question was, if I can just write down, for instance, "adminslash.amxx" in the plugins.ini file and not affect the Autoloader... Or if I should put the "adminslash.amxx", which is required to be the last plugin listed in the "ini" file, in the "autoloader.ini" file as the last ...

wait, but it's automatic!

(See what I am trying to say?)
Your question was kinda vague. It sounded like you were asking me how to use that plugin.

Anyway, create a file called plugin-loadlast.ini and put this in it:

Code:
adminslash.amxx
Then open up autoloader.ini and put this in it:

Code:
adminslash.amxx unload
That should do it.
Old 02-03-2009 , 21:59   Re: Plugin Autoloader v1.0
Reply With Quote #17

I'll have to test it later, but thanks anyways!

EDIT: Do I have to download the plugin file again? Or is it already a feature?

Last edited by Minsta; 02-03-2009 at 22:07. Reason: See post...
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-03-2009 , 22:55   Re: Plugin Autoloader v1.0
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsta View Post
I'll have to test it later, but thanks anyways!

EDIT: Do I have to download the plugin file again? Or is it already a feature?
This is just deductive reasoning based on what's already there. There is no update, but if you can't get this going then I might do that.
Old 07-14-2009 , 10:01   Re: Plugin Autoloader v1.0
Reply With Quote #19

Hello, nice plugin you made but would ask maybe a silly question. What to do if you map ralateret plugin example Restrikt_pickup_weapons.amxx and Remove_map_weapons.amxx only be loaded to fy_maps and a few others where there are weapons on the ground and to de_maps with a plugin that makes it fun to perform tasks in the maps. And another plugin cs_maps where the hostages and es_maps and as_maps. <br><br> or can I not use this nice plugin?
superang
Old 07-14-2009 , 19:57   Re: Plugin Autoloader v1.0
Reply With Quote #20

Very cool plugin
Tkhs alot.
This most be sticky

Last edited by superang; 07-14-2009 at 20:39.
Send a message via MSN to superang