Dynamic MOTD v1.1

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Statistical       
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-11-2006 , 18:12   Dynamic MOTD v1.1
Reply With Quote #1

Description:

Ever wanted a motd that wasn't completely retarded, like the one built in to counterstrike? What this plugin does is modify the motd file such that it contains a welcome message as well as the number of clients that have visited the server to date. It doesn't have to be like this though - you can use your old MOTD. It simply replaces a select few tags with numbers to give your MOTD more freedom without javascript and other crazy stuff that the Steam browsers don't support. It saves into a file in your data directory called "visits.ini", so you can also see how many connects your server has had.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Required stuff:

- A mod that supports HTML MOTDs. If you know how to code HTML, you can easily change this so it only contains text, and the plugin will still work.

Installation:

Install like any other plugin.

After this is installed, it should create a file called "motd_dynamic.txt" in your $moddir (if playing counterstrike, it's cstrike, day of defeat = dod, Team Fortress Classic = tfc, etc)

Edit this file to suit your motd. Add in the tag "<uptime>" and "<visits>" and this plugin will dynamically replace those tags with their respective numbers.

If you don't know HTML, then just use the default MOTD that comes with it.

Notes:

- To modify the background color, open up the plugin, find #define BGCOLOR, and change it to whatever. How to change it: #rrggbb (red green blue)

- This is designed for people who do not know how to code in Javascript, PHP, or any language, but wish you have a semidecent MOTD with these abilities.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (dynamic_motd.sma - 4516 views - 4.9 KB)
Old 01-11-2006, 18:49
Sonic7145
This message has been deleted by Sonic7145.
Xanimos
Veteran Member
Old 01-11-2006 , 18:54  
Reply With Quote #2

I have code that reads through motd files and puts what you want in there. It was in my Master Vote plugin. Only thing is there is a character limit on it.
Send a message via AIM to Xanimos Send a message via MSN to Xanimos
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-11-2006 , 18:55  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicid3
I have code that reads through motd files and puts what you want in there. It was in my Master Vote plugin. Only thing is there is a character limit on it.
So... does that mean this is redundant?
Veteran Member
Old 01-11-2006 , 18:57  
Reply With Quote #4

No, means you can use that code so you dont have to think of a way to do it....my master vote is completely different it just uses a dynamic motd.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-11-2006 , 18:58  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicid3
No, means you can use that code so you dont have to think of a way to do it....my master vote is completely different it just uses a dynamic motd.
I'm not incapable

I just haven't had much time lately, and thought I would release this anyway. It's no where near done yet.
Old 01-12-2006 , 12:40  
Reply With Quote #6

I think #pragma dynamic 32768 can extend a motd's size, so if you wanted to add other stuff in it.
Send a message via AIM to Charr Send a message via MSN to Charr
Xanimos
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2006 , 14:04  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charr
I think #pragma dynamic 32768 can extend a motd's size, so if you wanted to add other stuff in it.
Thats not what I was talking about. I was saying in the code its
Code:
new szMotd[MAX_HERE]
as the char limit.
Charr
Old 01-12-2006 , 14:54  
Reply With Quote #8

Now I get it
Send a message via AIM to Charr Send a message via MSN to Charr
Curryking
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2006 , 15:15  
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry via PN
Hey Hawk552,

I love your idea of announcing how many players have visited the server, but I like to have this placed as HUD when someone connects, something like "Welcome %player% to %server%
you are visitor %number% today!"

Is something like this doable? I've only found the following plugin, but unfortunatly I have no idea how to merge it with yours (even if this could be done)

Could you help me out or should I start a new thread in "Suggestions / Requests?"

Whatever, thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Curry

Code:
 /* * * Welcome HudMsg *  by JustinHoMi * */ #include <amxmodx> public client_putinserver(id) {     new ids[1]     ids[0] = id     set_task(10.0,"welcome_msg",0,ids,1)     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public welcome_msg(ids[]){     new motm[192],hostname[64],name[32],id = ids[0]     get_cvar_string("amx_welcome_hudmsg",motm,191)     get_cvar_string("hostname",hostname,63)     replace(motm,191,"%hostname%",hostname)     get_user_name(id,name,31)     replace(motm,191,"%name%",name)     set_hudmessage(0,225,0)     show_hudmessage(id,motm)     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("Welcome HudMsg","0.3","JustinHoMi")     register_cvar("amx_welcome_hudmsg","Welcome %name% to %hostname%")     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }
;-)
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-12-2006 , 15:45  
Reply With Quote #10

Will be merged in next release.