Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:S] Dead body player does have an entity index ?

Post New Thread Reply   

Zack771
Old 06-13-2014 , 10:25   [CS:S] Dead body player does have an entity index ?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

I'd like to know if dead body player got an entity index, in order to make it move or something other with the dead body ?

Thanks by advance.
xf117
Old 06-13-2014 , 10:45   Re: [CS:S] Dead body player does have an entity index ?
Reply With Quote #2

You mean a ragdoll?
This code works in CS:GO, i assume it is the same for CS:S.
You can get it in "player_death" event.
PHP Code:
new ragdoll GetEntPropEnt(clientProp_Send"m_hRagdoll"); 
ragdoll - your entity index.
Send a message via ICQ to xf117
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 06-13-2014 , 15:10   Re: [CS:S] Dead body player does have an entity index ?
Reply With Quote #3

clients render the player ragdolls differently, as in not server side, however most clientside predictions will work (parenting was proven to work also.
Zack771
Old 06-13-2014 , 18:24   Re: [CS:S] Dead body player does have an entity index ?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xf117 View Post
You mean a ragdoll?
This code works in CS:GO, i assume it is the same for CS:S.
You can get it in "player_death" event.
PHP Code:
new ragdoll GetEntPropEnt(clientProp_Send"m_hRagdoll"); 
ragdoll - your entity index.
Yeah a ragdoll. Thanks i'm gonna try that.

And do you think i can make it move ? Like the puppet mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
clients render the player ragdolls differently, as in not server side, however most clientside predictions will work (parenting was proven to work also.
What is clientside predictions please ?
xf117
Old 06-13-2014 , 18:44   Re: [CS:S] Dead body player does have an entity index ?
Reply With Quote #5

It basically means ragdoll's behavior may vary for different players.
And no, the way puppet mod works, you cannot apply it to a dead body. You can try to create a bot and control it.
Zack771
Old 06-16-2014 , 05:33   Re: [CS:S] Dead body player does have an entity index ?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
It basically means ragdoll's behavior may vary for different players.
What do you mean by "ragdoll's behavior" ?

Quote:
And no, the way puppet mod works, you cannot apply it to a dead body. You can try to create a bot and control it.
Don't think to the bot, i keep it in mind. Thanks ^^
xf117
Old 06-16-2014 , 05:55   Re: [CS:S] Dead body player does have an entity index ?
Reply With Quote #7

On your side, corpse might be thrown away by explosion, but another player might see him falling in the hole or something. They are not synced between players. Usual entities like barrels are handled server side (if not specified manually), all players will see the same barrel in the same position, and if you kick it, all players will see it. But with these ragdolls you can't guarantee that all players will see the same picture.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 06-16-2014 , 09:27   Re: [CS:S] Dead body player does have an entity index ?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack771 View Post
What do you mean by "ragdoll's behavior" ?
As in most players have custom mods installed that make the ragdolls fly around, etc. Or if you join the server late, it will just create ragdolls where the player died, and give it no animation or velocity.
85% of the time a player sees the ragdoll in a different position then everyone else does. How ever you could attach a prop_ragdoll to the client, just wouldn't be recommended since it uses a lot of server resources to broadcast ragdoll positions etc.

Last edited by Mitchell; 06-16-2014 at 09:28.
Zack771
Old 06-17-2014 , 13:22   Re: [CS:S] Dead body player does have an entity index ?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
On your side, corpse might be thrown away by explosion, but another player might see him falling in the hole or something. They are not synced between players. Usual entities like barrels are handled server side (if not specified manually), all players will see the same barrel in the same position, and if you kick it, all players will see it. But with these ragdolls you can't guarantee that all players will see the same picture.
Quote:
As in most players have custom mods installed that make the ragdolls fly around, etc. Or if you join the server late, it will just create ragdolls where the player died, and give it no animation or velocity.
85% of the time a player sees the ragdoll in a different position then everyone else does. How ever you could attach a prop_ragdoll to the client, just wouldn't be recommended since it uses a lot of server resources to broadcast ragdoll positions etc.
Oh ok i perfectly understand now thanks.
I do not know that, so if i see a ragdoll in a position, another player can see it in another position ? Interesting.

Ok so i think i'm gonna control a bot like you suggest ^^

So subject is closed. Thanks a lot for your help =)
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-17-2014 , 17:40   Re: [CS:S] Dead body player does have an entity index ?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
It's possible to force ragdolls to be done on the server side... I think. At least there's a DataMap for it: m_bForceServerRagdoll.

Edit: This datamap may only exist on things decended from CAI_BaseNPC, though.

Edit2: Nope, it's on the CTFPlayer class in TF2 as well, so it's likely part of CBaseCombatCharacter.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-17-2014 at 17:44.