Plugin Description:
    Teleport Survivors To The Elevator After Count Down Passes
    Old 08-06-2022 , 02:00   [L4D & L4D2] Elevator Teleport - v1.6 | 03/01/2023
    Reply With Quote #1

About:
    • Countdown Starts After Pressing The Elevator Button
    • Teleport Survivors Inside The Elevator When Countdown Passes
    • Elevator Will Auto-Activated Once Survivors Are Teleported
    • Support All Elevators, Like (c1m1, c1m4, c4m2, c4m3, c6m3, c8m4)
    • Non Elevators Support As Well, Like (c3m1 > Ferry, c5m2 > Trailer, c7m3 > Bridge)
    • Plugin Will Stop If Survivors Already Activated The Elevator
    • Best With Servers +4 Survivors, And With Trollers
    • If You Want To Support Any Other Map, Just Mention It.

• finishlast: Gave me the first step on how to do it.
    • Silvers: Fixed many lines, and his lift plugins helped me a lot.
    • HarryPotter: Corrected me on many lines.

Video:

Commands:
    • None

Maps Supported:
    • c1m1_hotel
    • c1m4_atrium
    • c3m1_plankcountry
    • c4m2_sugarmill_a
    • c4m3_sugarmill_b
    • c5m2_park
    • c6m3_port
    • c7m3_port
    • c8m4_interior > l4d2
    • l4d_hospital04_interior/l4d_vs_hospital04_interior > l4d

Cvars:
    PHP Code:
    // This file was auto-generated by SourceMod (v1.11.0.6884)
    // ConVars for plugin "L4D_Elevator_Teleport.smx"

// Enable Elevator Teleport Plugin
    // -
    // Default: "1"
    // Minimum: "0.000000"
    // Maximum: "1.000000"
    l4d_elevator_teleport_enable "1"

// Set The Elevator Teleport Countdown Time
    // -
    // Default: "600.0"
    // Minimum: "1.000000"
    // Maximum: "5400.000000"
    l4d_elevator_teleport_delay "60.0"

// Plugin will be activated in these maps, separate by commas (no spaces). (all = All maps).
    // -
    // Default: "all"
    l4d_elevator_teleport_maps "all" 

Requirements:
    • None

Installation:
    • Put the "L4D_Elevator_Teleport.smx" file in your "\addons\sourcemod\plugins" folder.

Updates:
    Code:
    • 03-01-2023 > Version 1.6: Added A Cvar To Teleport Survivors That Are Hanged Or Held By Infected, Thanks to little_froy.
    • 22-12-2022 > Version 1.5: Added A Cvar So You Can Activate The Plugin In Specific Maps.
    • 22-12-2022 > Version 1.4: Added 1 Teleportation Point In c7m3_port, thanks to little_froy
    • 17-08-2022 > Version 1.3: Added 2 Teleportation Points In c3m1_plankcountry and c5m2_park, thanks to azureblue.
    • 10-08-2022 > Version 1.2: Added countdown, elevator auto-activated after teleport
    • 06-08-2022 > Version 1.1: Rewrote the whole script, currently removed count down
    • 06-08-2022 > Version 1.0: Initial release
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (L4D_Elevator_Teleport.sp - 555 views - 19.3 KB)

Last edited by alasfourom; 01-03-2023 at 09:59. Reason: Restore to previous version.
    Silvers
    SourceMod Plugin Approver
    Old 08-06-2022 , 02:21   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Elevator Teleport - v1.0 | Teleport Survivors With Count Down
    Reply With Quote #2

You have a redundant check for "if (i && I" in a loop where i is specified from 1.

I think this whole plugin needs to be re-written, there could be many false positives, you have many repeating timers for no reason.

You should hook the elevators actual "use" button or whatever triggers it to move and then do the actions required, not just blindly listening for the "player_use" and "success_checkpoint_button_used" events which could be triggered by other things, you have no checks to verify otherwise. If you want to see how to hook the use button, look at the "Lift Music" and maybe "Lift Control" plugins I wrote.
    Old 08-06-2022 , 02:30   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Elevator Teleport - v1.0 | Teleport Survivors With Count Down
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
    You have a redundant check for "if (i && I" in a loop where i is specified from 1.

I think this whole plugin needs to be re-written, there could be many false positives, you have many repeating timers for no reason.

You should hook the elevators actual "use" button or whatever triggers it to move and then do the actions required, not just blindly listening for the "player_use" and "success_checkpoint_button_used" events which could be triggered by other things, you have no checks to verify otherwise. If you want to see how to hook the use button, look at the "Lift Music" and maybe "Lift Control" plugins I wrote.
    I will definitely take a look at it, thank you Silvers
    Old 08-06-2022 , 11:33   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Elevator Teleport - v1.0 | Teleport Survivors With Count Down
    Reply With Quote #4

Updated v1.1

Currently rewrote, removed count down timer, and simplified it.

I have no idea how to do the count down correctly in this method, but once I figure it out I surely update it again.

Last edited by alasfourom; 08-06-2022 at 11:44.
    alasfourom
    Old 08-10-2022 , 07:03   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Elevator Teleport - v1.1 - 06/08/2022
    Reply With Quote #5

Updated To v1.2

Added:
    1- Countdown before teleporting survivors
    2- Teleporting once, instead of repeated teleport
    3- Elevators are auto-activated once survivors are teleported
    4- Support all map with elevators
    5- Added 2 Cvars: to enable/disable and to control countdown timer
    6- It targets the actual elevator buttons now
    Old 08-16-2022 , 05:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Elevator Teleport - v1.2 - 10/08/2022
    Reply With Quote #6

Hello there, currently I'm using this one, a really helpful plugin. Worked like a charm on linux server SM 1.12. Thanks alot !

And I wonder also if there's a possibility to add teleport/timer once button has been pushed for crossing raft/boat in first map of Swamp Fever campaign and Caravan Trailer box (I mean when all survivors must gather inside trailer box to open the door and alarm will be triggered, and we must run to stop alarm on top of scaffolding) on second map of The Parish as well. I know we can easily slay "them" but it's not nice especially for newbie who still don't know how map/gameplay mechanic works and mostly preventing griefer and troll do their "dirty work" from being lazy or stood still outside boat/trailer box when there's no Admin playing at that moment.

Sorry if my explanation not good, I hope you understand what I mean. Thank you again !
    alasfourom
    Old 08-17-2022 , 00:33   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Elevator Teleport - v1.2 - 10/08/2022
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by azureblue View Post
    Hello there, currently I'm using this one, a really helpful plugin. Worked like a charm on linux server SM 1.12. Thanks alot !

And I wonder also if there's a possibility to add teleport/timer once button has been pushed for crossing raft/boat in first map of Swamp Fever campaign and Caravan Trailer box (I mean when all survivors must gather inside trailer box to open the door and alarm will be triggered, and we must run to stop alarm on top of scaffolding) on second map of The Parish as well. I know we can easily slay "them" but it's not nice especially for newbie who still don't know how map/gameplay mechanic works and mostly preventing griefer and troll do their "dirty work" from being lazy or stood still outside boat/trailer box when there's no Admin playing at that moment.

Sorry if my explanation not good, I hope you understand what I mean. Thank you again !
    Glad its helpful to you,

Currently I'm really busy these 3 days, I may add that in the weekend

The swamp fever is fine, but the parish > Trailer has no actual button, only doors which I don't think I can make it to work, but I will give it a try

Last edited by alasfourom; 08-17-2022 at 01:33.
    azureblue
    Old 08-17-2022 , 02:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Elevator Teleport - v1.2 - 10/08/2022
    Reply With Quote #8

Thanks alot before! Take your time, no need to rush.
    I just share my thought about this nice plugin. Been waiting for this kind of plugin for long time for eliminate grief and troll player ruining gameplay.
    Btw, have a good day !
    alasfourom
    Old 08-17-2022 , 06:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Elevator Teleport - v1.2 - 10/08/2022
    Reply With Quote #9

Updated To v1.3

Added:
    1- Map c3m1_plankcountry > Ferry Teleport and Auto-Activated
    2- Map c5m2_park > Trailer Teleport > Activated Once Entering The Trailer, Door Will Auto-Close

* Thanks to azureblue
    Old 08-18-2022 , 00:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Elevator Teleport - v1.3 | 17/08/2022
    Reply With Quote #10

Ah yes Thanks alot ! I'm currently using this now, and will let you know if there's any issue. Well done !

EDIT
    Review : After few runs and some testing, the result is worked like charm without any issue or error ! Thank you again for additional features ! I really appreciate it !

Last edited by azureblue; 08-18-2022 at 05:22.