Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Is it okay to copy snippets of code and tweak them?

Post New Thread Reply   

DeepMohinman
Old 08-10-2022 , 00:11   Is it okay to copy snippets of code and tweak them?
Reply With Quote #1

i would like to ask about something that i feel guilty of doing, instead of wasting like 30 mins creating say a navbar from scratch and constantly searching about tiny details, i just take a whatever already available navbar that exists on the internet and tweak it the way i feel it and it takes me like 3 mins in total for the same result, is this considered omegle cheating or does companies allow this?

Last edited by DeepMohinman; 12-06-2022 at 05:17.
EFFx
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2022 , 00:49   Re: Is it okay to copy snippets of code and tweak them?
Reply With Quote #2

I do this everytime. I'm too lazy to write the same stock or menu build everytime, so I copy everytime from the samples I already have and just edit them. Guess it's a common sense between coders, it is a open source anyways.

• Discord: EFFEXo#8850 • Steam: EFFEXo
Moody92
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2022 , 23:29   Re: Is it okay to copy snippets of code and tweak them?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepMohinman View Post
i would like to ask about something that i feel guilty of doing, instead of wasting like 30 mins creating say a navbar from scratch and constantly searching about tiny details, i just take a whatever already available navbar that exists on the internet and tweak it the way i feel it and it takes me like 3 mins in total for the same result, is this considered cheating or does companies allow this?
Just ensure to give credits where needed, you'll need to assess the forum you're in if it requires crediting individuals. If this is for education, you might get penalized if your code is identical to someone else's (unless credited).
PennyMoffett
Old 01-23-2023 , 15:22   Re: Is it okay to copy snippets of code and tweak them?
Reply With Quote #4

Simply copying some code from a website like C# Corner gives you the freedom to study, edit the code slightly, and use it in your projects. And if you need someone who will write you college paper then you can visit https://studyclerk.com/write-my-college-paper here where you will find an essay writer who will write your college paper. I also take help from professional essay writers which I find with the help of the given link.

Last edited by PennyMoffett; 01-27-2023 at 06:41.