Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[SOLVED][CS:GO] Steam Workshop for server has changed?

Post New Thread Reply   

trevor_leong
Old 12-17-2015 , 00:01   [SOLVED][CS:GO] Steam Workshop for server has changed?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi guys. I used to have a working CS:GO server which relied on the Steam Workshop map to host. Basically with the authkey, host_workshop_collection, workshop_start_map as the 3 new added parameters, the server worked flawlessly with the clients downloading the maps and thumbnails successfully in their csgo directories as /maps/workshop/workshopid/ and the server physically downloads the map also and checks if the workshop map files match. But as of late when I returned to using the server again after leaving it as it is since the last time it was working, it isn't anymore. Well, at least for physically downloading the map.

I did many tests like changing the workshops maps in the collection, changing the mapcycle.txt to the maps in the workshop collection, and yea turning on sv_debug_ugc_downloads and developer to see in the console whether the file is being downloaded.

Surprisingly enough, the console shows the progress of the map being downloaded, and it does this for all the maps. But the weird part is, I vaguely remember that in the past the process of the file being downloaded is normal to see so I kind of expected it, but I was unable to see a workshop folder and the workshop id folder of the map automatically generated as the map is being downloaded as in the past this happened automatically. And the worst part is, even after downloading all of the maps, there is still no workshop ids or maps in /maps/workshop/! The workshop folder itself is also not even generated.

So ok, I did a new test, I manually created the actual folder along with the ids of all the maps in the collection and turned on my server again. My server still says the same thing as before being that it moved the tmp file from the workshop map id folder that it downloaded from to the same directory, this time as a .bsp file. Let's use de_dust2_winter for example sake as what it says in the console:

Code:
Download finished for 362125620:'de_dust2_winter'. Moving maps/workshop/362125620/362125620.tmp to maps/workshop/362125620/de_dust2_winter.bsp.
But as I said before, the console says it is downloaded, but the map is not on the directory physically. Also another notable thing that could be the issue I noticed in the console a few irrelevant lines below the download finished is this:

Code:
Map/workshop/362125620/de_dust2_winter missing stringtable dictionary, don't ship this way!!!
Run with -stringtables on the command line or convar stringtable_alwaysrebuilddictionaries enabled to build string table
But of course, the server works fine. The clients still download the workshop maps in the correct directories and the server is playable. However, the bothersome part is that every time I restart the server, the map files have to be redownloaded, and it is as I said, not even physically in the directory.

Would appreciate it if someone could help me figure out the problem.

Thanks in advance~

EDIT: Oh ya I forgot to mention that the server does not redownload the map if I placed the workshop map in its correct directory manually myself. But the part that troubles me in doing that is that it might be the reason why I have issues with other SourceMod plugins and even though the server says it checks the map and it is up to date, I'm am very uncertain it will actually update the map itself if it indeed is outdated.

EDIT2: So after continuously experimenting with my server, I finally found out the problem. The Steam Workshop had never changed in any way, but it was actually due to a program I used called "Sandboxie" to run the server and play on it simultaneously. Basically running the server Sanboxed not only prevents the workshop map from automatically downloaded physically, but it also prevents other files from being generated automatically by SourceMod (for example, the .cfg files in /cfg/sourcemod/). If anyone has any idea how to fix this Sandboxie issue please contact me thanks.

EDIT3: I found found the problem to fix Sanboxie! Navigate to Sandbox>DefaultBox>Sandbox Settings>Resource Access>File Access>Full Access. From there just add your main directory of your server folder and it works!

Last edited by trevor_leong; 12-18-2015 at 23:56.
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2015 , 01:44   Re: [CS:GO] Steam Workshop for server has changed?
Reply With Quote #2

tldr, workshop_publish for authors is kind of glitched if you happen to have one of their maps in your collection that map could be messed up... your first paragraph seems correct keep doing it like that.. show all debug output do 'host_workshop_collection id' in console - are you certain your in the correct server paths and permissions are correct?

Last edited by hamilton5; 12-17-2015 at 01:49.
trevor_leong
Old 12-17-2015 , 02:53   Re: [CS:GO] Steam Workshop for server has changed?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton5 View Post
workshop_publish for authors is kind of glitched if you happen to have one of their maps in your collection that map could be messed up...
What is workshop_publish? Is it a command for map creators to publish their map? Sorry don't understand what you're saying, could you explain to me in brief and understandable terms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton5 View Post
show all debug output do 'host_workshop_collection id' in console - are you certain your in the correct server paths and permissions are correct?
Yes I am certain that I am looking at the right paths. If you had read my whole post you would have seen I mentioned I look inside /maps/workshop/ numerous times. As for permissions, I am not too sure about that one. You would have to guide me on how to give permissions. Also, how do I copy the debug output text? My server is in cmd form so I can't copy anything.

Last edited by trevor_leong; 12-17-2015 at 02:54.