Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16

Post New Thread Reply   

xeloxded
Old 02-12-2017 , 15:27   Re: Galileo v5.2.3-774 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-02-10
Reply With Quote #531

Quote:
gal_colored_chat_prefix "!g[!yAMXX!g] "
It is text limited? I mean if you set the prefix to something larger than [AMXX] it will show incorrectly on chat

How it should be:

like [PREFIXLARGER1234] Timeleft: XX:XX

but what it is

--->
[PREFIXLTimeleft: XX:XX
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2017 , 15:59   Re: Galileo v5.2.3-774 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-02-10
Reply With Quote #532

Yes, it has a limit of 15 chars. If you want to increase it change this line:
Code:
galileo.sma 1507: new g_coloredChatPrefix   [ 16 ];
Save the file, recompile and install the plugin again on your server.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2017 , 18:44   Re: Galileo v5.2.3-774 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-02-10
Reply With Quote #533

I found out how to make the server crash while using this plugin. If you got it installed on you server and do:
Code:
# Set permission to read only
sudo chmod -R 444 addons/
Every time the server starts it will crash. The solution to this is uninstall galileo for ever and ever, or just do back:
Code:
# Set permission to read and write
sudo chmod -R 666 addons/
I tested it with AMXX 182, I do not know if affects AMXX 183. This is because accordingly to some settings, galileo need to write files on its data folder, and when it is failing due the read only restriction the server is crashing when the files it need to write already exists and is set to ready only, I did not tested otherwise.

Last edited by addons_zz; 02-12-2017 at 18:44.
Beyond Reality
Old 02-13-2017 , 08:54   Re: Galileo v5.2.3-774 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-02-10
Reply With Quote #534

My mp_timelimit is 20 min and i use "gal_rtv_wait 5"
And if the server is extended some times by 10 min example 3x10min and i type "rtv" example 2 min before the time is over
Look what happens:

*OWNER* Beyond Reality^ : timeleft
[AMXX] Time Left: 2:08 minutes
*OWNER* Beyond Reality^ : rtv
[AMXX] You have to wait approximately 78 more minutes before you can 'rock the vote'.

If i use "gal_rtv_wait 0" doesn't have this bug ... i just forgot but i think with 0 this worked

BTW this is very old bug from Brad's Version

Last edited by Beyond Reality; 02-13-2017 at 09:25.
Send a message via Skype™ to Beyond Reality
MrGarfield
Old 02-13-2017 , 12:25   Re: Galileo v5.2.3-774 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-02-10
Reply With Quote #535

I would like to be able to vote with one player

thank you
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2017 , 12:39   Re: Galileo v5.2.3-774 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-02-10
Reply With Quote #536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Reality View Post
My mp_timelimit is 20 min and i use "gal_rtv_wait 5"
And if the server is extended some times by 10 min example 3x10min and i type "rtv" example 2 min before the time is over
Look what happens:

*OWNER* Beyond Reality^ : timeleft
[AMXX] Time Left: 2:08 minutes
*OWNER* Beyond Reality^ : rtv
[AMXX] You have to wait approximately 78 more minutes before you can 'rock the vote'.

If i use "gal_rtv_wait 0" doesn't have this bug ... i just forgot but i think with 0 this worked

BTW this is very old bug from Brad's Version
Thanks for reporting. I fixed the problem and added a new setting.
Releasing a new version: 2017-02-13 | v5.3.0-775
  1. Added a new option to the cvar `gal_rtv_commands`, do not wait the `gal_rtv_wait` again after the map extension.
  2. Fixed the RTV wait time being extended beyond the actual time limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGarfield View Post
I would like to be able to vote with one player
You already are able to vote when there is only one player.

Last edited by addons_zz; 02-13-2017 at 12:40.
MrGarfield
Old 02-13-2017 , 14:34   Re: Galileo v5.3.0-775 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-02-13
Reply With Quote #537

Yet he tells me that there is not enough vote when one is 5 players and does not change map?
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2017 , 14:59   Re: Galileo v5.3.0-775 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-02-13
Reply With Quote #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGarfield View Post
Yet he tells me that there is not enough vote when one is 5 players and does not change map?
So, it said not enough votes, instead of not enough players.

When not more than 50% (configurable, see the cvar `gal_runoff_ratio`)
of the players do not agree to change to one map, galileo consider they
are too indecisive, and just extends the current map while the players cannot
make up their minds to some option.

I consider this behavior good because, for example, if there are only 5 player
on the server, and 2 vote to map1, 2 vote to map2 and the other vote to map3.
Which map should win? I think the current map they are on should be the winner.

Though, if you do not think the same, just set the `gal_runoff_enabled ` setting to 0 or 1:
Code:
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // Runoff voting happens when none of the normal vote options receive // // over 50% of a given vote. The two options with the highest vote    // // counts will be in the runoff vote.                                 // //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // Indicates whether to allow runoff voting or extend the current map. // // 0 - disable runoff voting // 1 - enable runoff voting // 2 - extend the current map, instead of perform a runoff voting // // Default: 0 gal_runoff_enabled 2

blood2k
Old 02-13-2017 , 15:25   Re: Galileo v5.3.0-775 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-02-13
Reply With Quote #539

Hey addons_zz quick question.

(I'm using the FULL .cfg with all cvars.. I've set them up accordingly)
Got 1 question though, want to know if I understood everything correctly.
I've it set that mapcycle.txt is the servers mapcycle.. which is where 'listmaps' will list maps from too..

now the 'min-player' and 'mid-player' .txt's if enabled will act as FILLER options for the votes depending on the amount of of players?

So.. should my min and mid player .txt's contain ALL my maps from mapcycle + a couple fillers..

or should it only contain the maps I want to be used as fillers in the vote?

for instance if I put de_dust2,de_inferno and de_aztec into my mapcycle it will mean that those 3 maps are the only available maps on the server.. right?

if i have the min players enabled.. then if my minimum players is set to 10 and we hit 10 players on the server.. the vote will then choose from de_dust2,de_inferno,de_aztec + fillers from the min player .txt

correct?
I want only 3 popular maps available for votes until the the min and mid player cvar #'s are hit.. then let it grab from those.. accordingly.

Did i understand this correctly?
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2017 , 22:29   Re: Galileo v5.3.0-775 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-02-13
Reply With Quote #540

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood2k View Post
I've it set that mapcycle.txt is the servers mapcycle.. which is where 'listmaps' will list maps from too..
It is true if you configured to use the game listmaps command or if you set the nomination list to read the mapcycle.
Otherwise the listmaps command list the maps from the nomination list.

Quote:
now the 'min-player' and 'mid-player' .txt's if enabled will act as FILLER options for the votes depending on the amount of of players?
Yes.

Quote:
So.. should my min and mid player .txt's contain ALL my maps from mapcycle + a couple fillers..

or should it only contain the maps I want to be used as fillers in the vote?
Yours min and mid player .txt's will contain the maps you put on it.
If you put on them ALL your maps from mapcycle + a couple fillers, they will contain it.

Quote:
for instance if I put de_dust2,de_inferno and de_aztec into my mapcycle it will mean that those 3 maps are the only available maps on the server.. right?
Depends how you set up the cvar `gal_vote_mapfile`.
Code:
// Specifies the map file used for the Map Groups Feature to specify how // many maps to use from each group. Or also, specifies the file to use // which either holds the names of the maps, one per line, that the vote // will be filled with. // // You can specify a relative path before the filename, relative from // your gamemod folder, i.e., "addons/amxmodx/configs/mymapcycle.txt". // // Use * for all maps in the server's maps folder. // Use # for your mapcycle, i.e., whatever file is on the cvar 'mapcyclefile'. // // To disabled this feature, uninstall the `Galileo` plugin from your server. // // Default: "#" gal_vote_mapfile "my_3_popular_maps.txt"
If you set it to `#`, you map cycle will be used, therefore those 3 maps are
the only available maps on the server. Unless the min/mid players' feature
got triggered and then the maps from them are going to be used.

Quote:
if i have the min players enabled.. then if my minimum players is set to 10 and we hit 10 players on the server.. the vote will then choose from de_dust2,de_inferno,de_aztec + fillers from the min player .txt

correct?
No, if the min players got active, it will only read maps form the min players map file.

Quote:
I want only 3 popular maps available for votes until the the min and mid player cvar #'s are hit.. then let it grab from those.. accordingly.
If you want that, set the cvar `gal_vote_mapfile` mentioned above to `my_3_popular_maps.txt`
and put on the `my_3_popular_maps.txt`, those 3 maps you want to.
Later set the cvar `gal_vote_minplayers_mapfile` to the map file list you want to use when the
`gal_vote_minplayers` cvar value is hit.
Code:
// When there are less players than cvar 'gal_vote_minplayers' value on // the server, use a different map file list specified at the cvar // 'gal_vote_minplayers_mapfile' to fill the map voting as map fillers // instead of the cvar 'gal_vote_mapfile' map file list. This is the range: // //     0 < player_count < gal_vote_minplayers < MAX_PLAYERS // // A value of 0 or 1 will disable this feature. // // Default: 0 gal_vote_minplayers 0

Quote:
Did i understand this correctly?
I hope so. If you do not want to use the `mid` players map list, just set its cvar to 0:
Code:
// When there are less players than cvar `gal_vote_middle_players` and // the more or equally players than the cvar `gal_vote_minplayers` value // on the server, use a different map file list specified at the cvar // `gal_vote_midplayers_mapfile` to fill the map voting as map fillers // instead of the cvar `gal_vote_mapfile` map file list. // // If both `gal_vote_minplayers` and `gal_vote_middle_players` are set to // the same value greater than 1, the `gal_vote_minimum_players` map file // will be used. This is the range: // //     0 < gal_vote_minplayers <= player_count < gal_vote_middle_players < MAX_PLAYERS // // A value of 0, 1 or 2 will disable this feature. // // Default: 0 gal_vote_midplayers 0