Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Old 03-18-2012 , 16:55   [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
    Reply With Quote #1

[L4D(2)]Human Director Reloaded
    Human Player(s) can become a director to replace the AI Director.
    Author(s): Marcus101RR, lucskywalker

[IMG]http://img96.**************/img96/1999/l4dthehumandirector.png[/IMG]
    MCK Productions Plugins
    [Survivor Health & Armor | Survivor Upgrades Reloaded | Human Director Reloaded | SI Limit Remover]

Game Type: Left 4 Dead / Left 4 Dead 2
    Game Version: 1.0.2.6 / 2.1.0.2
    Plugin Version: 0.7.0 Beta
    Difficulty: ★★★☆☆

NOTICE
    Initial Version Public Release is Scheduled.

Servers Using This Plugin
    No Servers Available

Incompatible Plugin List

Dependent Plugin List

Show/Hide Command List

Introduction
    The Human Director brings back the original Human Director from lucskywalker. The original plugin was outdated, and no longer functioned properly, giving no use. Still approved, this new plugin fixes the problem and brings back its use. As such, this plugin will update over the course of its appearance.

Reloaded
    Why is this "Reloaded"? The answer to this question is simple: The plugin no longer in use or abandoned. Plugins that have been remade are titled Reloaded in this section as to inform users this not original work or an idea. Credits go to the original design and idea to the author.

Original Version
    What is so different between the Original Release? There is no much to say about the old version other than it is broken and since then, no one has updated it or tried to fix it. For the most part, however, it was written in French, and therefor no one could understand what some of the things where to begin with. In this version, English for everything, it has been slimmed down, and simplified. Not a very big code compared to the old one.

The Human Director Spawn Menu
    The Director will be given a Spawn Menu upon using the command or pressing the key. In this menu he has choices such as Spawn Menu, Help, Quit, and Close. These control the main aspects of the Human Director functioning.

Configuration Variables & Information
    Left 4 Dead Hide/Show Variables

Hide/Show Official Command Variables

To Be Announced & Planned
    • Kick Menu for Director

Video, Screenshots, & Visuals

Changelog

Frequently Asked Questions & Solutions
    Q: What is this?
    A: The Human Director is a player that joins the infected team and hides from the rest of the players view as the replacement for AI Director. When the player joins as the Director, no other players can take his slot, however, to improve game-play experience players can votekick the Director back to survivors team if he/she fails to satisfy the game.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_humandirectorreloaded.sp - 2393 views - 16.9 KB)

Last edited by Marcus101RR; 12-22-2012 at 23:12.
    Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
    DarkSynergy
    Old 03-18-2012 , 17:53   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
    Reply With Quote #2

Hmm I was looking at the old human director plugin some time ago and hoping someone would update it to work on l4d2. Definitely looking forward to trying this out.

Just a note though, players dont usually like keybinds being forced on them by plugins:
    Code:
    public OnClientPostAdminCheck(client)
    {
        ClientCommand(client, "bind f3 sm_hdmenu");
    }
    disawar1
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-18-2012 , 23:57   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
    Reply With Quote #3

Game Version: 2.0.2.6 / 2.1.0.2 a typo, 1026 really. You can not send 'bind' cmd to client in l4d2 whatever this is bad idea to change the player buttons without their consent.
    Old 03-19-2012 , 00:14   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by disawar1 View Post
    Game Version: 2.0.2.6 / 2.1.0.2 a typo, 1026 really. You can not send 'bind' cmd to client in l4d2 whatever this is bad idea to change the player buttons without their consent.
    Guess i'll remove the feature then, be advised though, typing !hdmenu everytime is a hassle.
    Old 03-19-2012 , 06:39   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
    Guess i'll remove the feature then, be advised though, typing !hdmenu everytime is a hassle.
    bind o say "!hdmenu"
    Marcus101RR
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-19-2012 , 09:14   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 000101010001 View Post
    bind o say "!hdmenu"
    If you didn't get the idea, people don't like their key binded. Per say, this still binds the o key to sm_hdmenu.
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-24-2012 , 21:16   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
    Reply With Quote #7

Update 0.7.0 Beta Released
    Changelog
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-25-2012 , 08:48   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
    If you didn't get the idea, people don't like their key binded. Per say, this still binds the o key to sm_hdmenu.
    People don't mind binding the key themselves, they mind when someone binds it for them.
    What if they're using the key you force bind?

It probably upsets people as much as it'd upset anyone if you had a plugin bind w to a plugin var.
    trollhater
    Old 03-25-2012 , 12:43   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
    Reply With Quote #9

Yeppur, I have o bound to fortspawner's save command. f3 is bound to iammo (sometimes the team you play with is really that bad in coop lol). I guess 3 or 4 peeps saying this is a bad idea sounds like idle gossip and balderdash to you Marcus. The .sp has this plugin's menu command still bound to f3. Shame shame. Will have to remove and compile myself, I guess. Most folks have no idea how to do that, however. Do you really think with a simple menu based plugin like this server owners should have to learn how to compile? I don't think they should. Also, I concur with disawar that the bind command in a plugin doesn't work in L4D2, but I am removing it anyway.

Last edited by trollhater; 03-25-2012 at 12:58.
    trollhater
    Old 03-25-2012 , 12:55   Re: [L4D(2)] Human Director Reloaded
    Reply With Quote #10

BTW, Thank you for all your efforts with various plugins Marcus. Always think of those not as smart as you as the people you serve with your good work here at Allied. I play with 10-20 new hunters a week and my regular crew of 30 or so friends across 8 servers run by 4 people. The other three server owners I know would not know how to compile a plugin if you asked them - just an FYI. None of us are Simian Cage elitists with a "we are better than everyone else and screw the rest of the community attitude". That comment is not directed at you Marcus, those poofsters across the pond know who they are.

Last edited by trollhater; 03-25-2012 at 12:59.