Old 07-07-2006 , 09:26   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #401

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmerz187
Check your bin folder pls ;-)

csbotc_mm_i486.so ??

I think its fault :-)

greetz
Good point, il fix that later when im with my main computer. Guess my uber .bat release script is somewhat flawed
Veteran Member
Old 07-07-2006 , 13:44   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #402

The .so is now in the B3 archive
Old 07-07-2006 , 18:12   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #403

EKS, I have a feature request (that isn't bloaty and does belong in a Basic tool). I need to authenticate admins based on some kind of password or challenge rather than IP or SteamID. Before you say that it isn't necessary, I must say that it is. I run a cybercafe and both the admins and regular users use the same computers and licenses of Steam (through the CyberCafe program, just so you know I'm legit, not like that guy who wanted to disable the pending steam ID kicker because he didn't want to pay for steam). This means that I can't base admin/user status on IPs or SteamIDs.

Also, while mani claims to do that, I've never successfully gotten it to work. Besides, the mani betas crash my server under metamod, which I need for Zombiemod. Hence the need for an admin tool other than mani.

Any ideas?
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 07-07-2006 , 20:45   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #404

Run one of the SourceMM versions of Mani...

Though a better way to prove you're legit is to link to your businesse's website ;)
[FON]BlackHole
Old 07-07-2006 , 23:29   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #405

There is a CyberCafe STEAM program?

Basic to me means IP and SteamID I'm afraid. I'd have to agree with MotherGoose. =)

EKS if you got my PM in IRC about B3 having a busted .SO good...if not then this a friendly reminder it may be busted.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2006 , 11:25   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #406

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FON]BlackHole
There is a CyberCafe STEAM program?

Basic to me means IP and SteamID I'm afraid. I'd have to agree with MotherGoose. =)

EKS if you got my PM in IRC about B3 having a busted .SO good...if not then this a friendly reminder it may be busted.
I saw your post on irc. but i have been busy helping a friend getting his new computer working. Saldy when i tried to confirm the bug you said the linux box i have access to seems to have some odd issues ( It disconnects me after i start srcds ). Once i work those out il fix these problems with linux

@ChefSalad
To be frank, the only situasion where what your descibing is usefull in a Cybercafe style program. And its not Basic, but could easly be expanded into BAT or a seperate plugin ( I made a amxmodx plugin for this exact ting). But few servers would use a feature like this, so looow on the list if it even makes it on the list. ( As i cant think of a situasion where its usefull outside a corporate enviroment ( IE some Cybercafe or massive lan))
Old 07-08-2006 , 11:49   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #407

Hey EKS

If i replace the Files in the bin folder (without the dll, cause we have linux), and then restarts the server, my console puts out the following (meta list command):

Code:
17:19:44 meta list
17:19:45 -Id- Name                  Version     Author           Status  
         [01] -                     -           -                ERROR
and the BAT isn´t running, if i upload the addons/bat/bin/ files of beta 2 it runs... It shows in HLSW beta 1, but it runs...

greetz
ChefSalad
Old 07-08-2006 , 13:26   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #408

Well, I would think password/challenge IS basic. It allows admin privileges to be on a per person rather than per SteamID or IP basis. Besides, there is no way to have a separate module handle this. It has to be done in the admin mod. I thought that was the deciding factor of what's basic and what's not.

Anyway, I can't use mani. It crashes my server when the first user logs on with the SourceMM version. The non-beta non-SourceMM version works but it doesn't work with ZombieMod, another requirement of mine.

About my website, it's down and I don't know why. I'll post a link anyway, just to make you happy. http://www.tlcomputing.com/ My business partner is on the phone with the hosting service trying to figure out why it's down as I post this. When it comes back up, I'll be sure to tell you.

And, yes, Valve has a cybercafe program. It comes with a slightly different version of steam, or so they say. I think it's the same program with a few additional features turned on, since the download is the same as the regular version.

Anyway, if I get time today, I may look at writing in that feature myself and posting the patch here. I really don't want to do that as I have no experience with the HL2 SDK or writing game mods. And I don't have access to a windows dedicated server or VS 2k5 to make sure that my modifications work under windows as well.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2006 , 14:19   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #409

Yes the cybercafe system from valve is in a sense more "open" and has access to almost everything on the steam system, also the cyber cafe system has access to beta versions of games.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2006 , 14:44   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefSalad
Anyway, if I get time today, I may look at writing in that feature myself and posting the patch here. I really don't want to do that as I have no experience with the HL2 SDK or writing game mods. And I don't have access to a windows dedicated server or VS 2k5 to make sure that my modifications work under windows as well.
good, it should not be that hard to make a version with a seperate .cpp/h so it would be easy to update it against upcomming BAT releases. Come to #sourcemod and il give you a few hints

@schmerz187 ;
Read above, linux version somewhat broke. Im waiting for the linux box i have access to function before i can test

Last edited by EKS; 07-08-2006 at 15:13.