12% 

More help learning

Post New Thread Reply   

IceMouse[WrG]
Old 03-21-2004 , 00:57  
Reply With Quote #31

That is far too complex for him...
Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> public plugin_init() { register_plugin("sethealth","0.1","Peli"); register_concmd("amx_sethealth","cmdSetHealth",ADMIN_LEVEL_A); return PLUGIN_CONTINUE; } public cmdSetHealth(id,level,cid) { if(!cmd_access(id,level,cid,2))     return PLUGIN_HANDLED; new target[50]; read_argv(1,target,50); new player=cmd_target(target); if(player) set_user_health(player, 500); return PLUGIN_HANDLED }

EDIT: The "Far too complicated" was for RED
Send a message via AIM to IceMouse[WrG] Send a message via MSN to IceMouse[WrG] Send a message via Yahoo to IceMouse[WrG]
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 03-21-2004 , 00:58  
Reply With Quote #32

word. way to comples. my example or ice's is much better. no need to show off
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-21-2004 , 00:59  
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMouse[WrG
]That is far too complex for him...
Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> public plugin_init() { register_plugin("sethealth","0.1","Peli"); register_concmd("amx_sethealth","cmdSetHealth",ADMIN_LEVEL_A); return PLUGIN_CONTINUE; } public cmdSetHealth(id,level,cid) { if(!cmd_access(id,level,cid,2))     return PLUGIN_HANDLED; new target[50]; read_argv(1,target,50); new player=cmd_target(target); if(player) set_user_health(player, 500); return PLUGIN_HANDLED }

EDIT: The "Far too complicated" was for RED
I feel so loved

I guess I have been coding so long that I am blurred on what is or isnt complicated to a new comer. Sorry but my way is something to look at in the terms of learning new structures.
would seriously disturb the relations of some
of the former inhabitants." - Charles Darwin
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]
IceMouse[WrG]
Old 03-21-2004 , 01:00  
Reply With Quote #34

Try and analyze the code line-by-line of mine or Freecode's... Tell us what parts you don't understand is happening... Don't attempt to ask us to get into detail... A lot of the stuff when you begin will be "It works because it does, live with it or don't use it"
Send a message via AIM to IceMouse[WrG] Send a message via MSN to IceMouse[WrG] Send a message via Yahoo to IceMouse[WrG]
MagicShot
Old 03-21-2004 , 01:33   lol
Reply With Quote #35

Looks Good the second one by ice is easier and what i wprolly would have done lol
Send a message via MSN to MagicShot Send a message via Yahoo to MagicShot
Peli
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2004 , 01:56  
Reply With Quote #36

Code:
public cmdSetHealth(id,level,cid) { 
if(!cmd_access(id,level,cid,2))
    return PLUGIN_HANDLED;
Okay on this part I didn't understand the "(id,level,cid)" thing. I know what the if statement means , its just checken if the access was right , I think.
Code:
new target[50];
read_argv(1,target,50);
new player=cmd_target(target);
if(player)
set_user_health(player, 500);
return PLUGIN_HANDLED
}
Okay on this part I didn't understand the "new target[50]" and the "read_argv(1,target,50)" part , but I understood the new player=cmd_target(target) , I think it is just activating the command target. Then it set the users health , Okay thank you guys for replying so much and having to deal with my noobness.
Send a message via MSN to Peli
QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2004 , 02:09  
Reply With Quote #37

You guys over do it..

Code:
#include <amxmod> public start_health(id) {         set_user_health(id,get_cvar_num("amx_healthstart"))         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public plugin_init() {         register_event("ResetHUD", "start_health", "b")         register_cvar("amx_healthstart","100")         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }

-__-
Old 03-21-2004 , 02:13   Nice Freecode
Reply With Quote #38

Couldn't you also do this?:

Code:
public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("sethealth","0.1","Peli")     register_clcmd("amx_sethealth","setH",ADMIN_LEVEL_A,"set everyones health to 500")     register_event("ResetHUD","reset_hud","be") } public reset_hud(id) {     set_user_health(id,500)     return PLUGIN_HANDLED } public setH(id) {     new i = 0     while(i++ <= get_maxplayers) {         set_user_health(i,500)     }     return PLUGIN_HANDLED }
Send a message via MSN to MagicShot Send a message via Yahoo to MagicShot
Peli
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2004 , 02:17  
Reply With Quote #39

Wow , good job guys , both of them were nice. I understood everything but one line on Qwerty's post. What does this mean and what does it do?
Code:
set_user_health(id,get_cvar_num("amx_healthstart"))
Okay thanks for responding so fast , I might go to sleep so I'll post tommorow.
Send a message via MSN to Peli
QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2004 , 02:20  
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peli
Wow , good job guys , both of them were nice. I understood everything but one line on Qwerty's post. What does this mean and what does it do?
Code:
set_user_health(id,get_cvar_num("amx_healthstart"))
Okay thanks for responding so fast , I might go to sleep so I'll post tommorow.
get_cvar_num gets the number specified in the cvar amx_healthstart so if you have amx_healthstart set to 395 they will spawn with 395 hp.