Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Adding workshop map to mapgroup without server reboot

Post New Thread Reply   

Flanger
Old 03-04-2017 , 06:11   Adding workshop map to mapgroup without server reboot
Reply With Quote #1

Hello everybody.

I am hosting dedicated server on Linux platform with custom mapgroup, which is a mix of classic and Workshop maps. I'm adding new workshop map via subscribed_file_ids.txt file, adding relevant map IDs. The problem is, when I add the mapid to this file and gamemodes_server.txt it appears in the voting, but the server doesn't download it, until it's rebooted. On server reboot, I can see new map being downloaded in the console logs and then everything works fine.

This his how a portion of my mapgroup looks like:

Code:
"mapgroups"
 {
  "mymaps" {
   "name" "mymaps"
   "maps"
   {
    "de_dust2"       ""
    "de_mirage"      ""
    "de_cache"       ""
    "de_inferno"     ""
    "workshop/125995702/aim_redline" ""
    "workshop/540889065/fy_snow"     ""
    "workshop/544557258/awp_palace"  ""
    "workshop/534427561/awp_lego_2_HD"      ""
    "workshop/176859696/fy_iceworld_gc"     ""
   }
  }
 }
}
Is there any way to force the server download new map, so I don't have to reboot it?

Last edited by Flanger; 03-04-2017 at 06:47.
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2017 , 09:12   Re: Adding workshop map to mapgroup without server reboot
Reply With Quote #2

that sure seems like the hardest way possible of doing things. you are editing so many files and doing unnecessary things. Let me explain.. if you read the /wiki/CSGO_Workshop_For_Server_Operators then you would know that you dont need to edit file_ids.txt because you should be using the commands... also that running a workshop collection becomes the mapgroup for the server you don't mix mapgroup commands and workshop commands. the wiki also shows csgo official has all the official maps hosted you just add those to your workshop collection. -- It is most likely not changing maps and downloading correctly because your starting your server up with a mapgroup and not a workshop_collection -- maybe these commands help you to get the desired result; ds_get_newest_subscribed_files , print_mapgroup_sv

Last edited by hamilton5; 03-04-2017 at 09:24.
Flanger
Old 03-04-2017 , 09:39   Re: Adding workshop map to mapgroup without server reboot
Reply With Quote #3

Never mind, ds_get_newest_subscribed_files does the job.

ADD: I haven't seen your post, just replied to mine. Thanks for the clarification

Last edited by Flanger; 03-14-2017 at 12:12.