Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Observations

Post New Thread Reply   

SkaarjHD
Old 11-12-2009 , 07:45   Observations
Reply With Quote #1

Hello all, im using Zombie Reload for some time now, instead of zombie mod and its rly awesome Got some suggestions though.

1.Infection sounds.

It would be good to make the sounds random, not only one, cause if we have situation when 10 ppl got infected quickly, the sounds are kinda annoying. Ten same sounds one by one

2.zr_infect_mzombie_ratio

I think it should be changed to simple numbers cvar. Like how many zombies you want to spawn : 1,2 etc
Cause some guys have problems setting it right after they switched from zombie mod.

3.Protection and !zmarket

I see often that ppl once got killed, in time of protection they buy weapons, and that time, they are visible, cause weapons are not gone. I used to have same issue on zombie mod though, and i think best would be to block !zmarket in a time of protection, so ppl wont get caught and say "WH".

4.Noob Zombies

Sometimes first zombie is not skilled and infecting a human is a way hard mission for him. It would be great to make such option : if 1st zombie wont kill a human in 10 seconds, new zombie will spawn, trying to help the first one.

If i will have any more ideas (for sure il have but im empty atm) i will write here.

Btw, you guys are still looking for overlays? I made my own zombie vision, cause original was complained by players, as it blocked some view, and it was making mad after some time^^I mean if i make some good stuff how can i send it to you guys? Via pm? And to who?^^

BR

Last edited by SkaarjHD; 11-12-2009 at 08:05.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 11-12-2009 , 08:53   Re: Observations
Reply With Quote #2

Thank you for your feedback.
  1. A improved sound system is planned after beta 2, with sound profiles for different stuff.
  2. Mother zombie ratio is a relative number based on number of players currently playing. I've improved the explanation of that cvar in the beta 2 manual. Here's a snapshot: 3.10 Infection Module
  3. I didn't get that. Do players get infected with protection on? At least we know that there are issues with weapon transparency. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
  4. 10 seconds is a bit short, but I get the point. I suspect a such feature could be abused, but we could have a secondary infection timer based on n seconds of inactivity since mother zombie infection. Decreasing mother zombie ratio might solve this too.
  5. Overlays: Take a look in this thread: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=96800

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 11-12-2009 at 09:00.
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
SkaarjHD
Old 11-12-2009 , 10:45   Re: Observations
Reply With Quote #3

About 3, naah its about situation while they are protected, using !zmarket to buy guns, and zombie see those guns xD Then guy got killed, and says the player who infected him, is using wh
And overlays, so if i make some good i just post screenshots in that topic? Or direct links for .vmt and .vtf?
-sang-
BANNED
Old 11-12-2009 , 15:17   Re: Observations
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaarjHD View Post
And overlays, so if i make some good i just post screenshots in that topic? Or direct links for .vmt and .vtf?
Screens, please
And links to .vmt and .vtf too
SkaarjHD
Old 11-12-2009 , 15:49   Re: Observations
Reply With Quote #5

Well the zombie vision i use instead of nightvision, in old server i used plugin which gaved all player nvgs on round start. But ZR is blocking it for zombs, and if i enable it, its gonna show on infection, which my players dislike. Thats why i made this overlay that we use on dark maps:

Normal Vision:

Zombie Vision

If you like it m8 tell me, then i will upload proper files ;)

I also wanted to get rid of this nvgs plugins, thats why i made this for usage of humans:

Need to make it brighter though, and change graphics to more cool
SWA[T]erson
Old 11-20-2009 , 04:42   Re: Observations
Reply With Quote #6

Is it possible to remove the human hands when you're zombie? It seems highly unrealistic!
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2009 , 04:57   Re: Observations
Reply With Quote #7

Look here for zombie hands discussion: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=106081

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby