Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Basic Admin Tool

Post New Thread Reply   

EKS
Veteran Member
Old 12-21-2005 , 19:22  
Reply With Quote #111

hmm i just checked it works for me on my lan server. Try manualy update your server again ( Perhaps valve released 2 updates).
Also make sure sourcemm is still loaded as some patches overwrite your gameinfo.txt file
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 12-22-2005 , 22:48  
Reply With Quote #112

Quote:
BAT 1.1.0 Beta 1
- Added: Chat based voting when menus dont work
- Added: Voting should now work hl2mp based mods
- Changed: Cleaned how cvar`s look in the console ( uses line break )
- Fixed: rockthevote not ending fast if all players want it
Im releasing 1.1 beta 1. This release is mostly made for mods based on hl2mp sdk. Im going to my mothers, so il be limited in how much i can code for about a week.
Monkwarrior
Old 12-23-2005 , 03:19  
Reply With Quote #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKS
Im releasing 1.1 beta 1. This release is mostly made for mods based on hl2mp sdk. Im going to my mothers, so il be limited in how much i can code for about a week.
Thanks mate, I will be testing this during your mom's-days

Merry Xmas, Monk.
Monkwarrior
Old 12-31-2005 , 11:39  
Reply With Quote #114

Just installed BAT latest beta version on a windows-based server with a mod running named Battle grounds 2 (www.bgmod.com).

Something we noticed:
* during mapvoting also normal say-messages are treated as being a mapvote. Maybe it's better to let the voting only respond when a say-string begins with the "vote" keyword.
* the red admin message is very nice
*when I perform admin_list I get a list but the names are all mine, the steamid's are different tho, so the name of each player is the same (namely my own name)
* admin_team is bugged for our mod. The player doesn't change team, in the console it says "Unknown command: jointeam".
* the admin commands also seem CASE-sensitive, that is not handy and is only timeconsuming on windows-based servers. For instance a playername should not be case-sensitive when I use the admin_kick command (a nice-to-have would be that only a partial playername would be sufficient to do the trick)

The rest seems to work like a shine
Thanks for this great little program.

Monk.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2005 , 14:38  
Reply With Quote #115

new beta version
Quote:
BAT 1.1.0 Beta 2
- Fixed: Voting with bat_mapextend 2 ( Chat based ) would reply to all chat during voting
- Fixed: admin_list priting only admins nick
Fixed those bugs. the BG team needs to support the jointeam command for the admin_team to work. Should not be that complex for them to do. You should hint at that in the forums

admin commands are case sensitve and so are named. I could add making names not case sensitive for a upcomming version but i recommend using #userid

EDIT: Beta 2 is broke. Dont use it New version tonight or tomorrow
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2005 , 17:08  
Reply With Quote #116

New beta relased, fixes a stupid bug in beta 2 ( That i knew about, but forgot when i released it ). Other then that this version has a new system for logging information, this should be alot faster as information is logged in memory before writing to disk ( upto 40 log entryes buffered ).
But a new system there is room for more bugs, and there is a known issue with last log entry sometimes being a bit shortend down.

Quote:
Version 1.1.0 Beta 3
- Added: Admin log on all slap "modes"
- Added: Log buffer, plugin should now be faster when writing logs. As their first buffered to prevent lag spikes
- Fixed: Parsing users.ini file not getting steamid ( would break admin login )
On another note, with sourcemetamod 1.2 comming closer, there may be bugs with older versions of BAT that require a recompile. If this is required, il do that when i wake up. So if your server crashes with sourcemm 1.2 and some version of BAT. Please post a here, and revert back to sourcemm 1.1.2
knix
Old 01-01-2006 , 06:18  
Reply With Quote #117

Hi!
I got somehow some problems with this endroundvote thing.
Everytime a map ends, I get this log entry:
ERROR! To few maps in mapcycle to generate vote, 4 is required to run a vote
Erm, but i have 4 maps (de_dust,de_dust2,de_cbble,de_aztec) in the mapcycle.txt file ?!
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 01-01-2006 , 08:34  
Reply With Quote #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by knix
Hi!
I got somehow some problems with this endroundvote thing.
Everytime a map ends, I get this log entry:
ERROR! To few maps in mapcycle to generate vote, 4 is required to run a vote
Erm, but i have 4 maps (de_dust,de_dust2,de_cbble,de_aztec) in the mapcycle.txt file ?!
Yea the text is wrong, it realy needs 5.

4 maps for the actual vote, and 1 map is the map your on, and its not shown in the vote. You can just add 1 map twice if you want.
Axon
Old 01-02-2006 , 04:20  
Reply With Quote #119

I seem to be having a name problem with BAT (which is an excellent mod by the way, you've done a bang-up job).

After a map change, any admin connected to the server gets renamed "unconnected" and fails to be given a name if they get a kill in the top right corner (just shows a blank space where their name ought to be).

Once you try to rename yourself you can only use a one word name the first attempt.

I have the following plugins loaded in metamod:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaMod 1.1.2
Basic Admin Tool 1.1.0 B
FPS Boost 1.0
Ratetweak Alpha
The following are plugins loaded directly into SRCDS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Source Dedicated Server Plugins
PTBx 1.7x1d3
Statsmeminimum 1.0.0.35b
I have run BAT on it's own, as to eliminate the possibility of confliction, and I still encountered the error.

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise edition w/ SP1 (32bit)
Intel P4

As of this post my version of SRCDS running Counter-Strike: Source is up to date.

Hope I provided enough information.

-Ax
Old 01-02-2006 , 18:08  
Reply With Quote #120

@Axon

Thats extremly odd. Try using BAT Stable ? I cant think of a reason why this would happen. Are you sure you dont load anything via the valve api ? ( IE not via sourcemm )