CS:GO Glow Menu
A request made in this post - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=306534
A menu which players can enable Glow to themselves.
The colors that are shown on the menu can be changed in a config file.
Also, the glow can be restricted to a certain flag and has 4 different styles to use.
Some screenshots are in the github (link below), soon will be added in this post.
- sm_glowmenu_style (1 by Default) - It changes the Glow Style to the players (Min 0, Max 3). WARNING: If you set the style to 0, the glow can be seen through walls;
- sm_glowmenu_prefix ([Glow Menu] by Default) - Chat's Prefix;
- sm_glowmenu_flag (Empty by Default) - Restrict the Glow to players with a certain flag.
Add this to your databases.cfg
and change it as you need.
- Setup the MySQL database (read above);
- Drag the file named glow_menu.ini to addons/sourcemod/configs.
- Drag the file named glow_menu.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins.
- Drag the file named glow_menu.phrases.txt to addons/sourcemod/translations.
- Drag the file named glow_menu.cfg to cfg/sourcemod.
- Restart the Server.
- Change the ConVars as you wish in the file glow_menu.cfg located in cfg/sourcemod
Q: This plugin can lag my servers massively?
- (To Show the Glow to everyone): Set your server with the sv_force_transmit_players ConVar to 1
- (To Compile): ColorVariables - https://github.com/PremyslTalich/ColorVariables
R: That depends where your server is hosted from, or if it has many users with glow enabled.
With Version 2.0, all the new users are set without glow, by default, so they need to change with the sm_glow command.
Another option is to set sm_glowmenu_flag to any flag, just to restrict the maximum numbers possible.
Q: The Glow can be seen through walls?
R: As I said above, if you set the cvar sm_glowcolor_style
to 0, everyone can see the glow through walls. However, no matter which style you choose, the glow can be seen through smokes. If I find a solution for this, I'll update the plugin ASAP.
Many thanks to: