hello, i am pm
Old 03-13-2004 , 07:18  
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RED-Designs
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
I personally don't care... I guess plugins and modules in their respective folders makes sense but it's up to PM and SniperBeamer.
Why dont they do what should be done? Look to the community for the answer?(ignoring the idiots of course )
making a poll...
Old 03-13-2004 , 07:19  
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM
Quote:
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
I personally don't care... I guess plugins and modules in their respective folders makes sense but it's up to PM and SniperBeamer.
Why dont they do what should be done? Look to the community for the answer?(ignoring the idiots of course )
making a poll...
Good good, now that will really prove what is wanted.
would seriously disturb the relations of some
of the former inhabitants." - Charles Darwin
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 03-13-2004 , 07:49  
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyAccess
well yea you should hard code them in but why put the plugins.ini there its kinda annoying. Plus having a txt file pointing out to the files makes it look like amxmodx got coded very shitty in a way.
I like how things are as far as the configs folder, though "modules.ini" and "plugins.ini" should go in their respected folders. Why not code in the option to have a cvar in the amx.cfg that overrights the defualt "modules.ini" and "plugins.ini" locations. Make it flexible for the USER and not just designed for the programmer.
Cvars? Thats why localinfos were used, but I think we plan on removing those (I'm not really up-to-date with the exact reason why, maybe to eliminate confusion asto where stuff should be, anyway I think that's where we are heading)
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-13-2004 , 07:52  
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
Quote:
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyAccess
well yea you should hard code them in but why put the plugins.ini there its kinda annoying. Plus having a txt file pointing out to the files makes it look like amxmodx got coded very shitty in a way.
I like how things are as far as the configs folder, though "modules.ini" and "plugins.ini" should go in their respected folders. Why not code in the option to have a cvar in the amx.cfg that overrights the defualt "modules.ini" and "plugins.ini" locations. Make it flexible for the USER and not just designed for the programmer.
Cvars? Thats why localinfos were used, but I think we plan on removing those (I'm not really up-to-date with the exact reason why, maybe to eliminate confusion asto where stuff should be, anyway I think that's where we are heading)
This discussion has somewhat been halted till the poll set up by PM is finished.

The cvar idea was just an OPTION so the developers got what they want and the users got their flexability. "modules.ini" and "plugins.ini" will most likly be moved to their respected folders.
would seriously disturb the relations of some
of the former inhabitants." - Charles Darwin
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]