Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

L4D2: Auto-Aim /Aimbot Detection Plugin Suggestions [solved]

Post New Thread Reply   

bkamen
Old 03-20-2011 , 19:46   L4D2: Auto-Aim /Aimbot Detection Plugin Suggestions [solved]
Reply With Quote #1

Hey all,

My friends and I who play l4d2 have gotten long tired of playing with autoaimers -- I've tried some of the other plugins here that supposedly show a players headshot rate -- but haven't worked.

i.e. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=505430 looks nice, but when I load it up and get it functioning - the users always show a 0.00 percentage stat. Everyone... all players. It makes me feel like it's not working.

So I figured I'd toss out the question to the forum to see if I'm either doing something wrong or someone knows of a plugin that works.

Thanks,

-Ben

Last edited by bkamen; 03-22-2011 at 20:15.
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-21-2011 , 04:03   Re: L4D2: Auto-Aim /Aimbot Detection Plugin Suggestions
Reply With Quote #2

You need to create your own weapondata.ini with L4D(2) weapons.
The attached one only includes CS:S weapons.

You will most likely set the wpnWeight of grenades to 0.0, for shotguns or burst weapons to a value <= 0.25 and all other weapons to 1.0.
Old 03-21-2011 , 14:39   Re: L4D2: Auto-Aim /Aimbot Detection Plugin Suggestions
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace-Maker View Post
You need to create your own weapondata.ini with L4D(2) weapons.
The attached one only includes CS:S weapons.

You will most likely set the wpnWeight of grenades to 0.0, for shotguns or burst weapons to a value <= 0.25 and all other weapons to 1.0.
Ok, I thought that was the case for this already...

Currently, the file contains:

Code:
ak47         1.0 
aug          1.0 
awp          1.0 
c4           0.0 
deagle       1.0 
elite        1.0 
famas        1.0 
fiveseven    1.0 
flashbang    0.0 
g3sg1        1.0 
galil        1.0 
glock        1.0 
hegrenade    0.0 
knife        1.0 
m249         1.0 
m3           0.25 
m4a1         1.0 
mac10        1.0 
mp5navy      1.0 
p228         1.0 
p90          1.0 
scout        1.0 
sg550        1.0 
sg552        1.0 
smokegrenade 0.0 
tmp          1.0 
ump45        1.0 
usp          1.0 
xm1014       0.16
Now that you mention it - that doesn't look right at all.

I'll look around for what those assignments should be -- unless someone jumps in with a recommended set for l4d2.

Thanks. -- "I'll be back!"
bkamen
Old 03-21-2011 , 14:58   Re: L4D2: Auto-Aim /Aimbot Detection Plugin Suggestions
Reply With Quote #4

ok, sorry to be obtuse, but "l4d2 weapon names" is bringing up too many irrelevent links.

Help is welcome.

-Ben
savagekid
Old 03-21-2011 , 16:46   Re: L4D2: Auto-Aim /Aimbot Detection Plugin Suggestions
Reply With Quote #5

I find it very insulting and gratifying for players that actually aim well to be called aimbotters. There are many pro players that play in various tournaments where they practice skeets and deadstops where they become so consistent that it may see like they aimbot. Now, I won't reject that fact that there are aimbotters in this game, maybe like <1% of the players, but please don't call player aimbotters just because they consistently kill you. Actually watch their POV and observe if they aimbot or actually just aim well.

Use Coupon Code "GLOBAL50" To Get 50% Off Every Month.
Send a message via MSN to savagekid
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-21-2011 , 17:03   Re: L4D2: Auto-Aim /Aimbot Detection Plugin Suggestions
Reply With Quote #6

But you can't just sit in spectator all day and monitor all players at the same time. devicenull's plugin just sends info to admins about players that may use an aimbot in chat and doesn't perform any other actions. It's just to give admins hints about who might be cheating. It's not a proof of anything.
Old 03-21-2011 , 20:55   Re: L4D2: Auto-Aim /Aimbot Detection Plugin Suggestions
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace-Maker View Post
But you can't just sit in spectator all day and monitor all players at the same time. devicenull's plugin just sends info to admins about players that may use an aimbot in chat and doesn't perform any other actions. It's just to give admins hints about who might be cheating. It's not a proof of anything.
Right - we do that - but even the POV mode can be finicky.

We get accused of aimbotting all the time - shooting boomers behind a wall while wearing headphones isn't exactly hard though.

We don't want anything to auto-bump anyone - but we see a lot of suspicious play and are just looking for tools to help us decide.

-Ben

p.s. We've become especially suspicious of people who have private profiles *AND* while playing in the game are constantly jumping and head-shotting infected with some of the most spritely mouse settings I've ever seen.

Last edited by bkamen; 03-22-2011 at 20:17.
bkamen
Old 03-22-2011 , 20:14   Re: L4D2: Auto-Aim /Aimbot Detection Plugin Suggestions
Reply With Quote #8

I think I have it working now.

All is good - thanks for the tip on the weapons list.

-Ben