Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] Favorites, GSLT, discovery !

Post New Thread Reply   

don_rapt0r
Old 09-07-2019 , 10:12   [CS:GO] Favorites, GSLT, discovery !
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I have tried to do a research with server discovery on two different carriers, my new server suddenly showed up on another carrier (mobile provider which has ADSL addresses), and on my fixed broadband. My old server showed up on home carrier but not on the on the another one which has majority here in Croatia. Never mind, all servers are partly visible. If somebody has an answer to this, I will appreciate it.

If I change server IP and reuse my token, will players have the new IP in favorites? I have experienced that one server suddenly appeared again in my favs with an new IP, so if there is need to change again, do they will have and how many hours or days should pass to replicate the change?

regards and thanks
wolvez04
Old 09-07-2019 , 11:34   Re: [CS:GO] Favorites, GSLT, discovery !
Reply With Quote #2

I heard 12-24 hours

Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-07-2019 , 13:13   Re: [CS:GO] Favorites, GSLT, discovery !
Reply With Quote #3

Rule of thumb is wait 48 hours for total transition.
don_rapt0r
Old 09-07-2019 , 15:45   Re: [CS:GO] Favorites, GSLT, discovery !
Reply With Quote #4

Well I feel dumb here, so:

Quote:
Here are the steps i've followed :
1°) Assign a token to an existing server
2°) restart this server (just in case)
3°) Stop this Server
4°) Transfer the token to another server
5°) My server browser isn't updated.

@NeuroToxin
Could you tell me which step you've done to try it ?
You have to wait at least 48 hours, 24 after logging in the old server to the token before moving it for online clients to get the ID registered in their favorites, then within 24 hours after moving it to the new server all clients that are online will have been updated. The longer you wait in stage one the more chance you have of clients getting transferred over.

So, if I have understood good, I have one token which is up there right now. I restart that server, it reloads, and I stop that server the same moment?
After I stop, how long I should wait for assigning that token again?

I have turned on today my old IP with another token and got it again in the favorites. Where is the trick?
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 09-07-2019 , 16:57   Re: [CS:GO] Favorites, GSLT, discovery !
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_rapt0r View Post
I have tried to do a research with server discovery on two different carriers, my new server suddenly showed up on another carrier (mobile provider which has ADSL addresses), and on my fixed broadband. My old server showed up on home carrier but not on the on the another one which has majority here in Croatia. Never mind, all servers are partly visible. If somebody has an answer to this, I will appreciate it.
You can only use one carrier (provider) / IP address at a time.

When your server comes up on e.g. 127.126.125.124, it will vanish from the old IP, e.g. 192.168.169.170.

So you cannot use "two carriers" at the same time, if that's what you're on about there.

Quote:
If I change server IP and reuse my token, will players have the new IP in favorites? I have experienced that one server suddenly appeared again in my favs with an new IP, so if there is need to change again, do they will have and how many hours or days should pass to replicate the change?
All that is explained multiple times, if care to do a little bit of searching, for example within these posts:

-> https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...73&postcount=2
-> https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...52&postcount=9
-> https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...49&postcount=6

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
don_rapt0r
Old 09-07-2019 , 18:51   Re: [CS:GO] Favorites, GSLT, discovery !
Reply With Quote #6

I am afraid that you did not understand my problem with carriers, that was related on Steam search (Browse community servers > Internet tab), tested with 2 APs with 2 different ISPs.

GSLT - so for example, you recommend that I change the IP for example at 4 AM, so players can refresh the combo in the morning and the day after?
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 09-07-2019 , 19:23   Re: [CS:GO] Favorites, GSLT, discovery !
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
GSLT - so for example, you recommend that I change the IP for example at 4 AM, so players can refresh the combo in the morning and the day after?
If you have already been running your server with the same token (sv_setsteamaccount) for a while (e.g. a few days, a week, a month, several years, ... whatever!), then just boot up your server on the new location right now:

If your player just refreshed two hours ago and saw your IP<->token combination there, it will take them (at least) 22 hours to update, but at the very first refresh they do after those 22 hours has flown away, will update your IP address to fit the new one.

If I have been on vacation for the past week (, and therefore never refreshed my server list in that time), and I'll get home in an hour and refresh the server list; I will see your new IP address instantly, since it more than 24 hours since my Steam client refreshed the IP<->token combination.

Time stamp (4 AM, noon, 8 PM, ... whatever) doesn't matter at all; the mentions in the links above is based on real life tests, cut out in cardboard boxes with exact time stamps, solely to make sure that everyone understand how it works.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 09-07-2019 at 19:25.
don_rapt0r
Old 09-08-2019 , 06:11   Re: [CS:GO] Favorites, GSLT, discovery !
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDeviL View Post
If you have already been running your server with the same token (sv_setsteamaccount) for a while (e.g. a few days, a week, a month, several years, ... whatever!), then just boot up your server on the new location right now:

If your player just refreshed two hours ago and saw your IP<->token combination there, it will take them (at least) 22 hours to update, but at the very first refresh they do after those 22 hours has flown away, will update your IP address to fit the new one.
To conclude this story, it means, when players makes refresh on Favorites tab, it will show him new IP the same moment? In case if he didnt refresh, it will be automatically put in after 24h?

EDIT:

Restart Steam clients have made refresh to GSLT!!

Last edited by don_rapt0r; 09-08-2019 at 14:58. Reason: found sol