Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

FF2 Utilizing the "Chain Lightning" ability.

Post New Thread Reply   

GANGST
Old 12-08-2021 , 07:38   Utilizing the "Chain Lightning" ability.
Reply With Quote #1

So after experimenting around with the Chain Lighting ability (you know, from the War3 ability pack) on my current FF2 Boss known as Bonk Girl (well more so the version that's on Transit's server) I may have found out how the damage on chain lightning is calculated. It seems like the damage is added up by an odd value of 3. For example, setting the Chain Lightning to:

"arg4" "10" // No. of damage that will be dealt on players. Damage is UNSTABLE, if you set 100, it could damage user around 50~150 and sometimes instant-kill. LOL!)

Makes it do 30 damage at max and setting it to "11" should make it do 33 damage at max and setting it to "12" should make it go 36 damage at max and so forth.

I found that setting the Chain Lightning to:

"arg4" "37" // No. of damage that will be dealt on players. Damage is UNSTABLE, if you set 100, it could damage user around 50~150 and sometimes instant-kill. LOL!)

Makes it do a solid 105 damage. This is actually the real damage that Scout bosses should do when their base damage is not multiplied by 3.

Now I'm unsure if this is 100% correct, but maybe try experimenting around with it on your FF2 servers and let me know if I did the math correct or not. (well assuming the chain lightning does not do 10 damage max no matter what)

Come visit my Second/Professional YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe1...VYNnRZxTWyIVjg

Last edited by GANGST; 12-08-2021 at 07:39.
JuegosPablo
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2021 , 11:40   Re: Utilizing the "Chain Lightning" ability.
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GANGST View Post
So after experimenting around with the Chain Lighting ability (you know, from the War3 ability pack) on my current FF2 Boss known as Bonk Girl (well more so the version that's on Transit's server) I may have found out how the damage on chain lightning is calculated. It seems like the damage is added up by an odd value of 3. For example, setting the Chain Lightning to:

"arg4" "10" // No. of damage that will be dealt on players. Damage is UNSTABLE, if you set 100, it could damage user around 50~150 and sometimes instant-kill. LOL!)

Makes it do 30 damage at max and setting it to "11" should make it do 33 damage at max and setting it to "12" should make it go 36 damage at max and so forth.

I found that setting the Chain Lightning to:

"arg4" "37" // No. of damage that will be dealt on players. Damage is UNSTABLE, if you set 100, it could damage user around 50~150 and sometimes instant-kill. LOL!)

Makes it do a solid 105 damage. This is actually the real damage that Scout bosses should do when their base damage is not multiplied by 3.

Now I'm unsure if this is 100% correct, but maybe try experimenting around with it on your FF2 servers and let me know if I did the math correct or not. (well assuming the chain lightning does not do 10 damage max no matter what)
depend of ff2 version or value possibly try to do a number/3

example if want 100 dmg only put the 100/3 result
My Discord: JuegosPablo#0568
GANGST
Old 12-20-2021 , 05:07   Re: Utilizing the "Chain Lightning" ability.
Reply With Quote #3

Yeah for the most part it seems like the chain lightning damage set in the code is multiplied by 3 in game. For example, setting the chain lightning damage to:

"arg4" "35" // No. of damage that will be dealt on players. Damage is UNSTABLE, if you set 100, it could damage user around 50~150 and sometimes instant kill. LOL!)

Makes it do 105 damage max while setting it to a straight 100 in the code makes it do 300 damage max.

Between the version of Bonk Girl that are on servers such as Transit's (as well as mine) I noticed that my theory seems to be correct. Test it out on your servers.

Come visit my Second/Professional YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe1...VYNnRZxTWyIVjg