Valve's request to CS:GO community owners

Post New Thread Reply   

Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2015 , 06:47   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersianMG View Post
I don't think they will rewrite any code just to fix this issue.
They will simply just blacklist servers that don't comply with their rules.
If that was feasible they would have done it in TF2 then, rather than completely and totally nerf the quickplay from any and all community servers (unless the players uncheck a small checkbox).

I would have preferred that blacklisting/banning approach frankly (even though as an mvm server owner, quickplay doesn't affect me anyway), but we'll see what happens.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 07-08-2015 at 06:50. Reason: Nevermind, not gonna mention names
asdfxD
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2015 , 08:54   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #22

paid content or not.

valve is mad cause everyone leaves their stupid crap matchmaking cause of cheaters & bad servers and now, they wondering why everyone plays at community servers and the fault is ofc a plugin xD. thats the real reason.

a vanilla knife plugin forbidden lol, VANILLA like an ak47, m4, usp, awp etc.

when using a server with sv_cheats 1 enabled, all ppl can use karambit, m9, ... for free aswell makes sense to ban this plugin.

my servers still full without knife plugin.

community > valve.

Last edited by asdfxD; 07-08-2015 at 09:11.
Bara
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-08-2015 , 09:23   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #23

And why attachments not deleted?

I mean it's the same like https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=173670 or group inviter.
Discord (Bara#5006) | My Plugins (GitHub)
You like my work? Support is not a crime.
poel
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2015 , 09:37   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #24

I love you Valve <3
poel
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2015 , 09:43   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfxD View Post
paid content or not.

valve is mad cause everyone leaves their stupid crap matchmaking cause of cheaters & bad servers and now, they wondering why everyone plays at community servers and the fault is ofc a plugin xD. thats the real reason.

a vanilla knife plugin forbidden lol, VANILLA like an ak47, m4, usp, awp etc.

when using a server with sv_cheats 1 enabled, all ppl can use karambit, m9, ... for free aswell makes sense to ban this plugin.

my servers still full without knife plugin.

community > valve.
+1111111111111111111111111

Why we can't join a friend on community servers and why we can if he's playing on their official shit servers ?
Why we can't see IP server and informations when a friend is playing on community servers ? (Valve said years ago : its to protect against DDOS) Hum, well sry valve but when I check my server's list on my CSGO game, I can see IP.
Why they blocked maps to (first 64mb) then 150mb max ? (Valve said : its to prectect players against malicious files or some shit like that...) Hum, I played 6k hours on css, 3k hours on csgo, never seen any trojan when I downloaded maps.
Why after new update every 2 weeks they break features on our servers ? Same for sourcemod ? They can't send a message to sourcemod coder and say "Hey guys, we gonna update servers, we changed that : and that : , check your sourcemod plugins.. Kiss kiss <3" Ofc not !
Why we can't use free items like knives ? oh yes : 3,1m players on community servers using "free knives" by plugins (or free weapons skins) = 0$ for valve/csgo, so, ofc they have to block that. its better to buy skins on market 5% for valve + 10% csgo x 3,1M = EZ MONEY

And the list is very long...

Please, don't cry to me "Leave csgo if you not happy..." I will leave this shit soon, if they block 95% of features.

Last edited by poel; 07-08-2015 at 09:46.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-08-2015 , 09:49   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bara View Post
And why attachments not deleted?

I mean it's the same like https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=173670 or group inviter.
It would just create an underground market for them, and people that wanted to still run them would run them anyway. Rather than line the pockets' of those users, we've chosen to leave things in tact as a use-at-your-own-risk. We are not responsible though if servers get delisted or if Valve removes further features.
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2015 , 10:10   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by poel View Post
+1111111111111111111111111

Please, don't cry to me "Leave csgo if you not happy..." I will leave this shit soon, if they block 95% of features.
It's funny, because Valve gave the same bullshit to TF2 community server owners. They said that the contract thing for TF2 can only be leveled up on Valve servers. (Not like I care since I run MvM only.) And then my friend said this:

Quote:
4:56 AM - Lord Derpy: ahh good start to my morning, first game I join has 3 heavys using lmaobox
4:57 AM - Lord Derpy: they were all spamming chat, while spinning on mid
4:57 AM - Lord Derpy: and clearly aimbotting
GG Valve.

I actually don't get the logic of them shutting off community server owners. It should be the opposite: they should be giving us ass tons of support so they don't need to pay for running their own servers (in other words, we foot the bill for hosting servers for players). Why are they shooting us down, I don't even know. You would think that you are helping them save money by giving players more places to play their game on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
It would just create an underground market for them, and people that wanted to still run them would run them anyway. Rather than line the pockets' of those users, we've chosen to leave things in tact as a use-at-your-own-risk. We are not responsible though if servers get delisted or if Valve removes further features.
+1, agree with this reason.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 07-08-2015 at 10:10.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 07-08-2015 , 12:09   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #28

I'd rather not have the dev team waste their time trying to fix petty community plugins, and instead fix their match making animation bullet reg or optimize the game some more.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-08-2015 , 16:28   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeMi View Post
I also find it extremly funny that you could have a custom skin in CSS and Valve didnt EVER for over 10 years give two craps, but when real money is involved they feel suddenly that "players are confused to whats real and whats not". Hahaha yeah right
Those types of "skins" are custom mods that are clientside and do not cost money. The skins being referred to here are the actual weapon skins you get from weapon cases.

You've gotten confused, sir.
poel
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2015 , 16:34   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Those types of "skins" are custom mods that are clientside and do not cost money. The skins being referred to here are the actual weapon skins you get from weapon cases.

You've gotten confused, sir.

Well, with all respect I can give to you, where do you think, this idea (weapons skins) come from ? Yes from CSS and others cs, and made by simple players.
They just take the idea to earn more money. Same like "Arms Race" mod. They just seen Gungame Turbo on previous counter strike (Mod developped by cs players)

They just "sucks" without us, they can't do something. Need to update their game every 2 weeks to fix crash; because previous update added new crash. Noob noob and noob.

Last edited by poel; 07-08-2015 at 16:35.