Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Map is missing errors w/ FastDL

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
RapidKebab
Old 06-30-2021 , 13:37   [TF2] Map is missing errors w/ FastDL
Reply With Quote #1

Hey folks, I'm kinda new to this whole server running thing and these forums but I've finally got my TF2 server running with most of my desired plugins, but have run into a bizarre and grave issue:

For some reason, a significant number of connecting players are turned away with a (map is missing) error when connecting, but not all.

We've confirmed setting the game to download all custom files doesn't fix the error. Any help is very much appreciated, details below.

- I know I have FastDL set up and set up correctly(server.cfg attached). I and a friend can repeatedly delete cyberpunk.bsp(which exceeds the 64mb cap for non FastDL), join the server, and have it download the map for us.

- We thought it was a client-side issue with users having map downloads set to off, but another friend tried to join my server and immediately ran into the same issue and we couldn't troubleshoot it.

- The FastDL link is http://kebabdukkan.000webhostapp.com/tf/ I use 000webhost as that seems to be the recommendation to get FastDL done for free, but if accessing that is a problem(because it seems spotty sometimes), I'd appreciate any alternate webhosts to run FastDL through.

This is all of the information I have on this problem and I'm honestly considering swapping the server to some wacky stuff on default arena maps just to avoid FastDL headaches if I can't fix this, but that'd be a shame.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg server.cfg (892 Bytes, 58 views)